Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Do I dare?  (Read 3626 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Do I dare?
« on: September 18, 2015, 06:16:15 AM »

Alright her is something really crazy for you all to consider. Why not remove this 'role play' section from the forum?

It truly holds no value at all. Nothing listed here actually stands when it comes to rules or laws of what or what not to do.

It's generally nothing but back and forth fighting. So remove it and there goes like 80 percent of the arguing.

Really the forum should be for game play purposes only. I think that's why Neji can be found in those sections more than in this one.

Plus only a very small percent of SL actual come here to this role play discussion crap that is suppose to deem how we all should act as a community.

Well to hell with a community. Let's say we start promoting individuality rp instead. A form where each individual decides what to rp how to rp whom to rp with and why to rp this or that way by themself. No community effort just you doing what the hell you wanna do.

Why do you all flock to this section of this forum anyways? I know I come here just to get a kick out of you guys thinking what you say matters and how you treat each other. I rather enjoy the fighting; it's like my personal little soap opera.

But why do you come here? Explain that to me.

Is it to debate who is right or wrong about everything because you are to much in denial of being wrong to compromise with each other thus you seek some sort of acceptance to be given you way through whining about a subject to a bunch of people who share you goal. Or is it so that you can feel like you are more than you are and that you someone get to rule what is done by making rules and laws that mean absolutely nothing when it comes to the actual site?

Because in the end that can all be solved rather easily on the site itself.... just don't rp with people you can't compromise with and start up a clan where you can be a big shot rule maker in it.

So come on and tell me why it is we need this section. Please by all means bash my questioning of how this is even slightly meaningful to SL. Show me the ignorance of a rp community once more so I can get another good laugh out of it.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Do I dare?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 07:29:54 AM »

I like the new monster hunting section. I've also used the introduction section for my character. And I feel like here is a good place to ask questions that you may not know like etiquette or questions you might not know about SL as a whole. When I first came here, I asked questions to see how things are done around here. And back in this place's heyday it looks like people used the Mission area too.

I know lately the Village area seems to be full of problems and bickering, but it isn't always like that. And it doesn't have to be like that. Could it be utilized a lot better? Sure, it could be because there's plenty of people that play the game that don't care about what people have to say on the forums. It could be used for questions and civil discussions as well and not just about who's right.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 08:03:32 AM »

might as well leave it alone. we are all free to stop reading it. but for those who do enjoy it...well why not?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 01:57:08 PM »

might as well leave it alone. we are all free to stop reading it. but for those who do enjoy it...well why not?

I'm Ricky Bobby... I'm the best there is... I don't back off...

For real though I really want people to think about this and discuss it. I'll pm you later Kay.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 03:30:27 PM »

Nah
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 07:00:48 PM »

:roll:

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 07:05:04 PM »

Alright her is something really crazy for you all to consider. Why not remove this 'role play' section from the forum?

(Why not just ignore it if you don't like it?)

It truly holds no value at all. Nothing listed here actually stands when it comes to rules or laws of what or what not to do.

(Actually they do. Do you see everyone walking around with 15 edo zombies or everyone having a SSM sword? Niether do I.)

It's generally nothing but back and forth fighting. So remove it and there goes like 80 percent of the arguing.

(You do realize that this will more than likely spark arguing, right? Right now I'm replying to you, but does that mean I'm fighting with you? There's a fine line it seems between discussion and fighting. The only topics that get truly stupid are bijuu fight topics)

Really the forum should be for game play purposes only. I think that's why Neji can be found in those sections more than in this one.

(He is found in other sections more because he is the owner. He takes care of the hosting and upkeep of the site. Other than that he doesn't involve himself in rp and that's fine. SL is an rp site.)

Plus only a very small percent of SL actual come here to this role play discussion crap that is suppose to deem how we all should act as a community.

(SL itself is very small. Those who partake in the forums make up at least half if not more of the active playerbase)

Well to hell with a community. Let's say we start promoting individuality rp instead. A form where each individual decides what to rp how to rp whom to rp with and why to rp this or that way by themself. No community effort just you doing what the hell you wanna do.

(A lot do that already and they're free to. We don't go out of our way to stop that on SL. I see some kid rp'ing as Madara with his firends. I don't stop him. Leave them be. They decide not to be part of the forums or these rules. That's cool.)

Why do you all flock to this section of this forum anyways? I know I come here just to get a kick out of you guys thinking what you say matters and how you treat each other. I rather enjoy the fighting; it's like my personal little soap opera.

(I flock here with others because I like to discuss about things.  Or as I'm trying to do regulate the way rp is done so that it's not as bad)

(Just did)

Is it to debate who is right or wrong about everything because you are to much in denial of being wrong to compromise with each other thus you seek some sort of acceptance to be given you way through whining about a subject to a bunch of people who share you goal. Or is it so that you can feel like you are more than you are and that you someone get to rule what is done by making rules and laws that mean absolutely nothing when it comes to the actual site?
Because in the end that can all be solved rather easily on the site itself.... just don't rp with people you can't compromise with and start up a clan where you can be a big shot rule maker in it.
So come on and tell me why it is we need this section. Please by all means bash my questioning of how this is even slightly meaningful to SL. Show me the ignorance of a rp community once more so I can get another good laugh out of it.

God damn Uetto..so much hate. You come on here and post this and then just unspew a whole can of asshole all over us while saying we're all up on our high horses and need to step down. You bash us and then ask to discuss and think about any of your post when every other word is like slapping us in the face. You expect some kid who is getting punched by the big bully to agree that his ass needs to be hit again? Makes no sense at all.
Sure I'll 'parlay' with you. Discuss this with you. But if you could remove all your snarkiness then that would be wonderful and make it all that much easier to discuss it.

TL;DR

If you don't like it just don't read it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 07:07:05 PM by Madara (Shadow) »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 07:16:24 PM »

(Why not just ignore it if you don't like it?)

(Actually they do. Do you see everyone walking around with 15 edo zombies or everyone having a SSM sword? Niether do I.)

(You do realize that this will more than likely spark arguing, right? Right now I'm replying to you, but does that mean I'm fighting with you? There's a fine line it seems between discussion and fighting. The only topics that get truly stupid are bijuu fight topics)

(He is found in other sections more because he is the owner. He takes care of the hosting and upkeep of the site. Other than that he doesn't involve himself in rp and that's fine. SL is an rp site.)

(SL itself is very small. Those who partake in the forums make up at least half if not more of the active playerbase)

(A lot do that already and they're free to. We don't go out of our way to stop that on SL. I see some kid rp'ing as Madara with his firends. I don't stop him. Leave them be. They decide not to be part of the forums or these rules. That's cool.)

(I flock here with others because I like to discuss about things.  Or as I'm trying to do regulate the way rp is done so that it's not as bad)

(Just did)

God damn Uetto..so much hate. You come on here and post this and then just unspew a whole can of asshole all over us while saying we're all up on our high horses and need to step down. You bash us and then ask to discuss and think about any of your post when every other word is like slapping us in the face. You expect some kid who is getting punched by the big bully to agree that his ass needs to be hit again? Makes no sense at all.
Sure I'll 'parlay' with you. Discuss this with you. But if you could remove all your snarkiness then that would be wonderful and make it all that much easier to discuss it.

TL;DR

If you don't like it just don't read it.

I'm with Shadow on this.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 07:54:59 PM »

I do think I said I enjoy it cause it gives me a good luagh. I love watching people bicker. See how me makin this topic did such?

Their are physiological reasons I spoke in a rude way and why I questioned the very fabric of why we are here.  Not going to simply reveal that buy I would like people to think about why are they here. I feel over time we have lost sight of it all.

We flock here to complain and rage when things don't go our way. It is the trend that has started.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 09:48:57 PM »

and provoking an argument on purpose for your own amusement is going to help in what way?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 11:31:19 PM »

and provoking an argument on purpose for your own amusement is going to help in what way?

Pretty sure he gets a kick out of it, part of the reason he made this thread. He doesn't intend on helping, at least not in this thread.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 04:50:20 AM »

Pretty sure he gets a kick out of it, part of the reason he made this thread. He doesn't intend on helping, at least not in this thread.

Yet has anyone come here arguing or to state actual opinion on the matter? Perhaps look a little deeper into it.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 05:17:36 AM »

Yet has anyone come here arguing or to state actual opinion on the matter? Perhaps look a little deeper into it.

Did you miss Shadow's big wall of text?
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 06:25:05 AM »

Is that a trick question? Because I feel that that is a trick question. 

The village square (IE RP board) has relevence, even if it were for none but the proud few. It even has actual RP in it nowadays. I don't see the need to get rid of it completely (character profiles and biju arena could bite the dust if the beasts are thrown into the void can, but I lament at the sight of the current poll results).

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2015, 08:15:03 AM »

Did you miss Shadow's big wall of text?

If you could take note Shadow and I have not argued we both told our opinions.

Shadow did a fine example of this which is what I was hoping to achieve. He did not bust in guns a blazing yet he came in level headed and acted like one should when facing a subject they'd of course disagree with.

I must thank him a ton for his contribution. He set forth an excellent post/response. It was clear. He keep a level head. And it got his point across without provoking more tension.

@Eric: We only allow ourselves to be tricked old friend.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 17 queries.