Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Bijuu Rules Workshop  (Read 23972 times)

Mei

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu Rules Workshop
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 09:47:40 AM »

I originally wanted to post this in the 'Poll: Biju Rules' thread but w/e.

In regards to the bijuu rules, I think every jinchuuriki should copy Kage's perferences.
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8043.msg224990.html#msg224990

• OOC Deathmatch - No mentioning of IC hunts because seriously that's a waste of time and contributes nothing except headaches and bickering.
  • All participants have up to 3 days (72 hours) to post. - This a perfect rule and I also have thought of this before. This keeps the match moving and since most of you take too long to post anyway, I can see this being 'won by default' a lot.
  • Real life situations that call for an extended leave of abscence ... can be extended to 5 days - And he's even fair about it but perhaps make it a one time thing during the match so it won't get a abused Kage
  • In the event of my own loss, the challenger shall agree to inherit my challenge list. - No one has to worry about missing their chance or having to submit their challenge over again

I notice there's nothing about re-post, if you're allowed one or not.
If Kage does not want to give 1 free re-post, then that's great because once again, that's will also contribute to the 'won by default' category.

There you have it folks, an ideal preference list. No I'm not joking.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 09:51:03 AM »

If everyone should do those don't they stop being preferences and start being rules?
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 10:52:37 AM »

Deathstroke look at the title of the thread. >.>

But yes, they can be rules.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 11:10:57 AM by Mei »

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 05:01:07 PM »

Yeah I know. I just think it's weird to say no preferences and instead on pretty specific set of rules instead

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 11:23:27 PM »

And what if a host become to locked with a dwelling for a month or so? This is possible.

Also opening up all the zones to everyone is absurd. What's the point in them being dedicated to those who have earned that right to visit them? I think it'd be batter to just add more zones. Perhaps we could come together to think of some cool zones. Like a sea zone located out in the ocean. Or the fire temple become a zone. A swamp zone. A floating island zone. A regular island zone. A busy city zone. Endless ideas really.

I'd say if you are to damned the rules though make it simple these:

1) biju can only be lost or won in OOC matches; if the host dies IC the beast goes to the next person on challenge list, if no challenger it goes up for an OOC single elemination torny
2) all host must accept challenges
3) if you don't win your challenge you can challenger again in three months
4) host must actively keep track of challenges
5) three decided upon judges are to be used
6) both host and challenger should form a topic giving all details about their battle so no one can deny what was legal or not legal to be done later; if one does not use form the judges should make sure that all is agreed upon and post in that person place

I feel that's a good start

Now I say the beast can in fact be used IC by host but they can t be sealed or stolen IC. Make the fighting for them strict 1vs1 OOC

Or we void them hehehhe

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 11:36:37 PM »

That's actually something I want to bring up.

Say that somebody is in the middle of an OOC match from a challenger. Then while RPing IC elsewhere on SL, somebody attempts to steal their Tailed Beast and succeeds somehow. Which would supercede the other in terms of legitimacy: the challenger who in the end could win but not receive their prize, or the person who made their way to stealing the beast IC?

Yeah I know that if the host prefers an OOC match, then why would somebody try to steal it IC in the first place? Maybe it's impatience or negligence, but I'm just bringing to light this slight loop-hole. One solution I propose is that Tailed Beasts can't be steal-able IC if the preferred method is OOC match, at least while there are challengers on the holder's list.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2015, 12:21:36 AM »

That's actually something I want to bring up.

Say that somebody is in the middle of an OOC match from a challenger. Then while RPing IC elsewhere on SL, somebody attempts to steal their Tailed Beast and succeeds somehow. Which would supercede the other in terms of legitimacy: the challenger who in the end could win but not receive their prize, or the person who made their way to stealing the beast IC?

Yeah I know that if the host prefers an OOC match, then why would somebody try to steal it IC in the first place? Maybe it's impatience or negligence, but I'm just bringing to light this slight loop-hole. One solution I propose is that Tailed Beasts can't be steal-able IC if the preferred method is OOC match, at least while there are challengers on the holder's list.

In the previous set of rules, it was a kind of "first victory first served" kind of thing, meaning that hosts needed to avoid getting into engagements IC that might would endanger the beast. I don't know how you guys are going to do the new setup, but it was less of a loophole and more of an acceptance that even with an OOC match preference, being taken down IC by another RPer and getting the beast extracted is a possibility.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2015, 03:10:24 AM »

Actually it would be hard to 'steal the Tailed Beast and succeeds' IC.
1. You have to find out who the jinchuuriki is IC
2. Need to find out where the jinchuuriki is.
3. You would need to sneak-attack the jinchuuriki otherwise the jinchuuriki does have the right to refuse IC as opposed to OCC. After all, they will die IC so what sense does that make?
4. In regards to #3, of course you can continue your attacks on the jinchuuriki but most likely their comrades will be nearby. Soon 1v1 will turn into 2v1, then 3v1, and depending on the situation, the village's kage may show up.
5. Or the jinchuuriki can plan their escape as well.

So yeah, you would be better off waiting for your turn. >.>

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2015, 05:41:37 AM »

3. You would need to sneak-attack the jinchuuriki otherwise the jinchuuriki does have the right to refuse IC as opposed to OCC. After all, they will die IC so what sense does that make?
4. In regards to #3, of course you can continue your attacks on the jinchuuriki but most likely their comrades will be nearby. Soon 1v1 will turn into 2v1, then 3v1, and depending on the situation, the village's kage may show up.

That in no way means it can not happen though.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2015, 06:15:48 AM »

That in no way means it can not happen though.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 06:19:00 AM »

*cough* The only difference with IC hunts that people used to have to go through and that is that the host can't bail at the first sign of danger. Other than that, that pretty much sums of IC hunting with or without a challenge back in the previous batch of rule.  :-?

Besides, it is viable to happen if the host just so happens to get gimped by someone they know right before the big finisher in the OOC match.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2015, 07:09:31 AM »

Still, to say that IC super-cedes an OOC match that's been going before that IC activity for the sole purpose of attaining a Tailed Beast is a big screw-you to people who have been waiting and fighting for the beast. If anything, someone can just plan to have their beast "stolen" or "transferred" so they can have the chance to not lose it in an OOC match if they seem to be currently losing.

It defeats the purpose of having the preference to have an OOC match in the first place.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 07:37:59 AM »

Mmm....I really don't see this happening though due to all the running around and the jumping through hoops these jinchuuriki make you go through to find them IC. >.>
Plus the disadvantages I have previously mentioned.

But if that's a concern, we can 'ban' seeking out jinchuurikis IC.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2015, 08:00:46 AM »

Mmm....I really don't see this happening though due to all the running around and the jumping through hoops these jinchuuriki make you go through to find them IC. >.>
Plus the disadvantages I have previously mentioned.

But if that's a concern, we can 'ban' seeking out jinchuurikis IC.

What if someone has an IC reason other than their bijuu to kill them while they are in an OOC fight for their bijuu.

Like if someone hired an assassin to kill a villainous ninja, as a totally off the top of my head idea.

There's no way to stop that other than flat out saying the host cannot rp IC while they do their fight which is part of the reason people make the fights OOC in the first place so that would kinda suck.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2015, 08:08:48 AM »

Actually I forgot to add that killing the jinchuuriki IC would only make the bijuu respawn a week later right? They would have to try to defeat the jinchuuriki w/o killing him/her AND bring the body back with them to unseal the bijuu. >.>

It would be a Killer Bee scenario when the Kumo shinobis went in search of Bee.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.