Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Bijuu Rules Workshop  (Read 23968 times)

Deathstroke

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu Rules Workshop
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2015, 08:13:18 AM »

Actually I forgot to add that killing the jinchuuriki IC would only make the bijuu respawn a week later right? They would have to try to defeat the jinchuuriki w/o killing him/her AND bring the body back with them to unseal the bijuu. >.>

It would be a Killer Bee scenario when the Kumo shinobis went in search of Bee.

That would still stop the OOC challenger from having a claim to the bijuu though.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2015, 08:27:26 AM »

Well if the OOC challenger defeats the jinchurriki before the IC challenger can successfully capture AND unseal the bijuu, then the OCC challenger is the new jinchuuriki.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2015, 08:42:46 AM »

Well if the OOC challenger defeats the jinchurriki before the IC challenger can successfully capture AND unseal the bijuu, then the OCC challenger is the new jinchuuriki.

Yes I understand that.

My point was that if the host dies for any reason before the OOC fight is done than the challenger should lose out on the beast since it is going to respawn in a weeks time and is no longer with who they are fighting. If the host is allowed to rp during the fight then there is always a chance that they could be killed. So it was not really be possible to "ban" the IC hunting of hosts due to that. Some other reason would just be thought up to kill them.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2015, 09:01:00 AM »

Yes I understand that.

My point was that if the host dies for any reason before the OOC fight is done than the challenger should lose out on the beast since it is going to respawn in a weeks time and is no longer with who they are fighting. If the host is allowed to rp during the fight then there is always a chance that they could be killed. So it was not really be possible to "ban" the IC hunting of hosts due to that. Some other reason would just be thought up to kill them.

Oh, I see...well I guess that cannot be helped.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2015, 02:15:33 PM »

Or, as Mei was getting at, since the rules are being re-made anyways, just prevent the acquisition of the biju IC if the preferences are OOC. If the user croaks, they croak, and the challenger's match determines if they get the beast or not. If the challenger loses, then the beast respawns and all that good cheese. If the challenger wins, they get the beast.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2015, 06:40:45 PM »

Speaking of re-made rules, when we have all the rules down, I assume we would need the support of the community as well as the current SL kages. They would need to be enforce somehow.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2015, 07:36:46 PM »

Or, as Mei was getting at, since the rules are being re-made anyways, just prevent the acquisition of the biju IC if the preferences are OOC. If the user croaks, they croak, and the challenger's match determines if they get the beast or not. If the challenger loses, then the beast respawns and all that good cheese. If the challenger wins, they get the beast.

That's fine, we just need to do something like that to close that loop hole.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2015, 11:34:12 PM »

Actually I forgot to add that killing the jinchuuriki IC would only make the bijuu respawn a week later right? They would have to try to defeat the jinchuuriki w/o killing him/her AND bring the body back with them to unseal the bijuu. >.>

It would be a Killer Bee scenario when the Kumo shinobis went in search of Bee.

Perhaps. However I still like the idea that if the host dies the beast goes next to the person in line challenging for it. If that person is currently battling fr it let them finish te match and if they win they get it; if the lose the next in line gets it; if there is no challenger perhaps the host can pick the next host which can't be an alt as to keep it in the village clear if no one challenges then no one wants it that badly. And to get around a village keepin it be default of grace period they must accept challenges durin their grace but can wait to fight them until after grace.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2015, 04:42:13 AM »

So we done here all the rules fixed?

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2015, 04:44:50 AM »

Not at all, people are just too lazy to keep the topic going xD
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2015, 04:55:18 AM »

Not at all, people are just too lazy to keep the topic going xD

People are just super tired of the bickering, we are taking a hiatus of sorts or something.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2015, 05:01:45 AM »

I figured, that's why I wanted to remind people this is still a thing.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2015, 01:11:57 AM »

Alright this is what I managed to throw together.

Host responsibilities:

Act like a respectable human being.

Have a forum account. Check it.

Hosts need to commit to be active. A host should have to post in public (so not a dwelling or high level zone) at the very least once every two weeks. If you post in a fighting zone note where in the world you are rping that zone as being. Perhaps even something adding that once a month or two they need to travel outside their country of residence. That’s just an idea of mine to stop getting Jinchuriki posting every 13 days on their village board going, “I go get some lunch and then go home and watch Netflix all night.” Obviously if they are tied up in a public rp and their turn does not come up within that time frame than it is ok, they’re still just as accessible.

Make a challenger list. The list will be chronological in the order that people challenged you. Falsifying the list in anyway, such as changing the order of challengers or failing to record a challenger, will result in the host being stripped of their beast and being barred from challenging for it or any other beast for a period of no less than 6 months, assuming such falsification can be proven (Screen caps of message dates, etc, NOT hearsay). The list will be publically available on the forum. When someone challenges you or their turn to fight you comes up you should acknowledge them within a week or risk being stripped.

No challenger can be declined.

If a host defeats a challenger than that person cannot challenge the host again for any of their bijuu for 3 months. If a challenger is found to be using alts to get around this rule they will immediately be disqualified and be barred from all bijuu challenges for an additional 3 months.

Challenger responsibilities:

Act like a respectable human being.

Have a forum account. Check it.

Be available. If you challenge a Jinchuriki who has no current challengers than expect to quickly begin discussing your challenge and starting the fight. If a Jinchuriki responds to your challenge and you do not get back to them within a week then they have the right to skip you and move on to the next challenger, bumping you down to THE BOTTOM of the challenger list.

How to challenge:

Instead of pm’ing someone on SL make a post on the forum in the bijuu arena board. That way the host and many others are witnesses to when you challenged them, there’s no secret pm’s going on or he said she said junk.

“Challenge to Host of the Whatever-Tailed Beast.”
Just like that. Perhaps people can post all under the hosts preferences page to keep it in one place.
As for the rules of the match all bijuu fights will be OOC by default. So if no one specifies what the match is then it is OOC. It can be IC but only if the host and the challenger agree to it.

No more IC hunt rules. If a Jinchuriki is killed IC while a bijuu challenge is going on than they just die. If the host retains his beast in the challenge than the beast goes to the person who killed them IC (Assuming they’re inclined to take it and aren’t just killing them for some other reason) if they do not want it the beast returns to the hosts village/clan. If the host loses the challenge then his challenger gets the beast and (if the killer is so inclined) then the killer will take the first spot on the new hosts challenger list. Yes I know this isn’t “fair” for the IC hunter but we’ve given that system plenty of time to work and it sucks. So the possibility of killing someone IC for a bijuu is not removed but it is encouraged that you take the OOC route instead. The fact an IC killer can jump the challenger list is concession enough, imho.

The other stuff with preferences and such can stay but it needs to be clear that they are preferences and cannot be enforced like they are rules. Hosts cannot go, “Well if you don’t like my preferences don’t challenge me.”  Because that inevitably leads to someone making one of their preferences, “I only fight baked potatoes. So I don’t need to accept your challenge.” We’re all fans of Naruto and everyone should have a fair shot for every beast. I think Madara currently doesn’t accept Yamanaka clan techniques, for instance. Well if a Yamanaka challenges him he’s probably going to have to drop that one. Obviously it cannot go too far in the other direction either, with the challenger being able to force the host to drop all of their preferences. If you need them to drop a void of a specific technique that is important to you then you’ll need to accept another one of their preferences that you might not like in exchange.

The time allowed between posts should always be agreed upon and stated publically before the fight commences, so no one can take advantage of it. If you need more time due to a real emergency you can declare such and have an extra week to post, no questions asked, but this can only be done once per fight. If either the host or the challenger is not going to be able to post in the agreed upon time frame they can make an OOC post in the fight requesting more time, though it falls on the opposing party to allow it or not.

Who may participate in challenge:

It should only ever be the host on their side, the number of challengers could change as I will detail in another section.

*continuing*

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2015, 01:13:09 AM »

Where will challenge be held:

The fights will be held on the forum. I have been in fights where the posts being deleted due to time out has become an issue.

As for the zone the battle will take place in it can be decided by either side, should the host or challenger concede that decision. If an agreement cannot be reached then the fight will take place in the “Main Zone” as it is the most neutral arena.

If host and challenger agree on it then they can fight in an area that is not one of the pre-made fighting zones. However this leaves the opening posts of the match to detail what the zone contains, and after that changes cannot be made. So 10 posts in if someone is shooting a bijuu bomb at you then you can’t claim to hide in a hidden bunker that was there the whole time.

Time of day and weather conditions should also be decided beforehand.

Proficiency with the Beast:

This is one thing that has really never had rules. So I propose this variation on a system some have been using.

30 days per tail. During that period the host has to make a least one post of them communing with and/or fighting their bijuu for control.

Each reset in Sharingan, Mokuton, and Rinnegan can reduce the days required by one per reset, due to those KG’s beast taming abilities. Resets = KG seems to be a lot less strict these days but the same levels still apply, if you rp with a 3 Path Eye than you can knock three days off the time limit. These can all be stacked together to reduce the time per tail down to 16 days. It cannot be reduced to less time than that.

The beast must be completely mastered before the Jinchuriki can access Tailed Beast Mode. The Bijuu Bomb can only be used while in Tailed Beast Mode. The Bijuu’s passive ability can be accessed immediately upon being sealed with the beast, but the power will be weaker than someone who has mastered the beast (this will be elaborated upon).

If a Jinchuriki attempts to access more tails than they have mastered they will lose control of the beast. If they were not already in a V2 cloak they will immediately ascend to such at the level of tails they attempted to access. They must then rp is much the same way as Naruto having lost control of Kurama. The host is unconscious and subject to the whims of a furious bijuu. They will attack perpetually until anything that could be perceived as an opponent is killed, this includes their own summons, such as animals or Edo Tensei zombies. The host will gain a tail each turn starting after the turn they first lost control. After reaching the maximum number of tails in the V2 state the host will ascend to the full bijuu form on the next turn. If this happens the host is killed and the challenger need only subdue the rampaging bijuu to win the match.

Judging a match:
Before a match starts the host and the challenger need to agree on who the judge will be for the fight.

The judge has the final say on any decision they are requested to make. Obviously you won’t like it if they say you’re wrong but that’s why they’re there, otherwise host and challenger just shout at each other till someone turns blue and passes out.

If the judge makes a decision that you cannot abide by, such as losing the match due to clearly erroneous circumstances, then the situation can be brought to the attention of the forum. THIS SHOULD BE AN ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT, ONLY TO BE USED WHEN THE OUTCOME OF THE FIGHT IS BEING DECIDED. It should be pretty clear to everyone if a mistake was made in the decision making process so if you make an appeal topic and a week passes and no one agrees with you than you are out of luck.

*continuing*

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2015, 01:14:44 AM »

Stripping a Host:

A host can be stripped if they fail to acknowledge a challenger. That challenger can then bring this to the attention of the forum who will agree that the host should be stripped. At this point the host can try and run in and explain how they were nursing their wounded grandmother back to health and will fight the challenger right now, but if it is beyond the time they were given to acknowledge the challenge then the challenger can still choose to continue the strip process.

Sealing a Bijuu:

I think this should just be OOC, if you win you’re the Jinchuriki.

Bijuu as Summons:

I’m ok with the current bijuu as summons rules.

How Many Bijuu Can One Person Have:

As everyone knows I disagree with the consensus on this and think you should be able to have as many bijuu as you are willing to defend. You can only host one of course.

If I am host of the 9 tails and have the 4 tails as a summon and are challenged for both of those bijuu then I need to defend both of them in a 2v1 match. If I lose then the challengers get the beast they challenged for.

If I am defending just one bijuu against someone and someone challenges for the other in the middle of the fight then they would join the fight, making an entrance post and such. No techniques can be used on your entrance post nor can you attack or defend anyone. You must enter in such a way that both sides of the battle can detect your appearance, after that you can do whatever you want to hide yourself.

If multiple people are challenging for the same bijuu than this is not done.

If people are working together as a team to capture the same bijuu and the host wants to agree to fight them all then they can choose to do so. This is up to the host and they can say that they will only fight them 1v1.

Ok done. For now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.