Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Bijuu Rules Workshop: Striping Edition (Please no dancers)  (Read 3145 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Bijuu Rules Workshop: Striping Edition (Please no dancers)
« on: September 26, 2015, 12:52:37 AM »

Now activity goes hand in hand with stripping a host so I'm going to attach that here.

Stripping a Host; There are many ways a strip can go about, but the major one is activity. Add sub categories to this?

(Now I am the one who spearheaded inactive people and made the current way people strip others. They make a topic and so on. This is me just refining that.)

Such as=

Stripping a host based on activity;

If a host does not fulfill the activity requirements then they are subject to being stripped of their beast.
Steps on how to strip a host:

1] Make sure they haven't posted in the accepted places and if they are in a village w/o a public board check their clan halls.

1.5] You made certain that they didn't post anywhere. On to step two.

2] You make a topic on the forums with this format. (I'll make a faux topic)

Stripping [Host name] of [bijuu name] English and (Kanji/Japanese) | [reason] | [Date]

Stripping Kaguya, Shadow of Son Goku  (四尾, Yonbi) | Activity | 9/25/15 (25/9/15 if not American)

I looked around and Shadow hasn't posted in a public place in 2 weeks. Insert screenshot here. Insert something about his account lost login was 6 days ago. Insert supporting statements.

= End topic =

Topics on stripping a host will stay open for ONE WEEK. No more and no less. During this week:

Anyone and everyone is allowed to give an opinion on the topic.
Those who comment on the topic must add their vote at the end of their post.

Such as: Blah blah blah blah

(Vote to strip)

I suggest not adding polls. In my opinion they don't accurately give a proper vote count. Hence adding your vote the end of your posts.

DO NOT run amok in the topic please. This means keep your emotions in check. Don't call names, don't be hateful and fill your words with subliminal thoughts. Be civil.

If the host posts during the week then they are still subject to stripping. Them posting in an rp or anything else will not stop the topic.

At the end of the week the votes will be taken and the majority one will decide the fate.

There's a topic in which Isaribi was stripped that I have ideas in about what happens. It's kind of a must read to get my full idea on the matter: http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8466.15.html

WARNING: There's a lot of....passion from others. Very hostile.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu Rules Workshop: Striping Edition (Please no dancers)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 01:42:14 AM »

Perhaps this could be streamlined a bit? It seems that you are of two minds here, one...stripping based on not fulfilling the activity reqs, then community consensus...not sure we need consensus if we manage a good set of activity rules.

Commenting should only be from people who have proof to offer on the activity of the host. No opinions would be necessary if activity rules have been broken.

Once those are set...in the other thread workshop...it would be good to have a procedure already lined out for that event.

however, this only covers stripping due to inactivity. there may be other instance when a host should be stripped. But that would have to be something like gross and outrageous and repeated issues that are just unable to be resolved like...monstrous god modding, claims that are excessively ridiculous, or if anyone is going to kill me. >.>

back to streamlining: I mean that for a write up as a rule. such as...

In the event that a host does not keep up with active rp, A stripping hearing will be held. A thread will be made on the forum with screen shot evidence as to inactivity. People who can provide evidence as to activity or inactivity are encouraged to post. If the host is deemed to have failed to remain active, the bijuu shall then be removed in an OOC manner as to provide expedience. The inactive host shall remain alive due to the OOC nature of the event. The bijuu shall then be dealt with by the now ex- host's organization, village, or clan. In the event that said ex-host is unaffiliated, it goes to the birth village of the account holder to tend to. See the guidelines for sealing a bijuu for details.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 01:46:18 AM »

Community consensus is required for many things if things are left ambiguous. Remember, you have to deal with different RP styles and standards, so unless it is hardcoded into the rules, it is (and will be) up for debate on what is god-modding and such things. The inactivity rule also has to have a "no excuses" clause to it explicitly stating that even under pain of RL issues, inactivity is inactivity and will be treated as such.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 12:26:08 AM »

So, I want to address some of the activity loop holes that people can use.

For example, Death and Eiko's match. They made it a point to say that they were in no rush to end the fight, and that has been made painfully clear by the amount of time they are taking to do it. Though, that's not why I bring it up. It was pointed out to me that Eiko has not made a single post since the start of that fight, meaning she more than likely qualifies for stripping based off inactivity. (Not sure if it's true or not, I'm just using this as an example) Though, she is in that battle. If she is fighting for her beast, does that mean she is pardoned from remaining active? If so, what is to stop me from making my post time limit 6 months per round, and just never posting on SL because I am in a fight?
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 12:32:01 AM »

Should add the same activity rule to that 2 weeks. ^-^

But honestly if a bijuu match takes over a month or so then by all means I'll bring it up as stalling on purpose in no situation should it take months upon months to finish.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 12:50:46 AM »

Should add the same activity rule to that 2 weeks. ^-^

But honestly if a bijuu match takes over a month or so then by all means I'll bring it up as stalling on purpose in no situation should it take months upon months to finish.
I agree wholeheartedly.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 08:55:16 AM »

I would think this is an activity issue rather than a stripping one and should be discussed in the original thread. This thread is apparently to discuss proving inactivity and stripping? Seriously. is it so hard to discuss one thing at a time?
activity would mean before during and after a match...discounting the grace period for settling in after a sealing.

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 05:43:42 AM »

I understand that posting in a dwelling is by no means PUBLIC, but maybe I feel weird posting publicly in Kirigakure when my character is supposed to be in the dwelling for purposes...

It's weird for me to claim she's in two places at once. Unless I'm to assume being in the public town square occurs after or before the RP in the dwelling?

And well, Deathstroke and I are posting within the requirements of the activity rules, so, 6 months seems a bit extensive... and we're not throwing away the rules, so what's the harm in what we're doing, exactly? I mean, I specifically mentioned that if there was a problem the judges would handle the fight. If we're doing nothing wrong, then why would any outside party get involved?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 05:44:04 AM by Court »

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 07:17:54 PM »

I understand that posting in a dwelling is by no means PUBLIC, but maybe I feel weird posting publicly in Kirigakure when my character is supposed to be in the dwelling for purposes...

It's weird for me to claim she's in two places at once. Unless I'm to assume being in the public town square occurs after or before the RP in the dwelling?

And well, Deathstroke and I are posting within the requirements of the activity rules, so, 6 months seems a bit extensive... and we're not throwing away the rules, so what's the harm in what we're doing, exactly? I mean, I specifically mentioned that if there was a problem the judges would handle the fight. If we're doing nothing wrong, then why would any outside party get involved?

I already said that I was using your rules/fight as an example, because it brought up a loophole that could be abused in the future. Don't get your panties in wad girl.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 07:39:52 PM »

Trust me, they're not. They'll never be. xP

What I'm a little confused by is why are we trying to amend rules, when there's a lack of a tiebreaker in the poll? Shouldn't there be some sort of verdict? Or we're just gonna split people into a large divide? Or will there be another poll? Or a poll extension? I mean, did the poll matter at all? Because if we're talking ambiguity, what happened is pretty ambiguous, am I right?

Just curious, and asking for clarity.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 07:44:39 PM by Court »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 07:52:39 PM »

I always thought that if there was a tie in anything the already in place effect reigns supreme.

Say a pizza shop is deciding to either keep their current menu or totally make a new one. If 50 people are for keeping it and 50 are for changing it then the old menu stays be default. That's just the way I've always seen it. (Perhaps I'm the only one?)

But in the end the bijuu are going to be in play unless an overwhelming number of people want them gone. No one has made a public announcement that they are going to ban bijuu from their rp now. All I've seen are people trying to fix the rules. So it's also a matter of initiative?

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 08:07:09 PM »

Well, to be honest, if the votes were so straight down the line divided, wouldn't there be initiative to actually help both parties out? I feel a pizza place would ask why 50 percent of their consumer base felt a menu change was in order, or, say, if this regarded customer service or dissatisfaction, they'd undoubtedly ask why consumers were disappointed, etc. I mean, if we're gonna use that as an example... LOL.

So, I guess people are to make a thread about voiding rules, or something?

Or if someone had ideas that maybe would like to be discussed/set in stone, guess they could make that too.

But yeah, I guess I see what you're saying.

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.