Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Shinju  (Read 3439 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Shinju
« on: October 03, 2015, 04:38:31 AM »

So this is a question for those who are actively voiding the Tailed Beasts.

Since you guys don't believe in the Tailed Beasts or the Gedo Mazo, would you guys be willing to void the Shinju too?

We have to remember, that the Shinju is what granted Kaguya the power of chakra in the first place. After fusing with the Shinju, Kaguya turned into the Ten Tails. The Tailed Beasts are the divided chakra of the Ten Tails, and it's body being the Gedo Mazo. But because the Tailed Beasts and Gedo Mazo are not acknowledged, does this include the Shinju as well? If so, then chakra would have to be actively voided as well, since Hagoromo inherited the power of chakra from Kaguya and shared that power with his descendants and others without it through the usage of Ninshu.

Just something to think on, before somebody tries to claim that they've eaten of the Shinju's chakra fruit and have more power than all the Tailed Beasts combined.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Shinju
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 04:44:28 AM »

I think we can all say that the shinju fruit was already eaten, and did not produce another, and now chakra exists but no one is going to pull that trick again? Along with the Big Bang, and or the Creation/Evolution of mankind/the Universe and the eventual extinction of the VCR.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 04:44:47 AM »

So this is a question for those who are actively voiding the Tailed Beasts.

Since you guys don't believe in the Tailed Beasts or the Gedo Mazo, would you guys be willing to void the Shinju too?

We have to remember, that the Shinju is what granted Kaguya the power of chakra in the first place. After fusing with the Shinju, Kaguya turned into the Ten Tails. The Tailed Beasts are the divided chakra of the Ten Tails, and it's body being the Gedo Mazo. But because the Tailed Beasts and Gedo Mazo are not acknowledged, does this include the Shinju as well? If so, then chakra would have to be actively voided as well, since Hagoromo inherited the power of chakra from Kaguya and shared that power with his descendants and others without it through the usage of Ninshu.

Just something to think on, before somebody tries to claim that they've eaten of the Shinju's chakra fruit and have more power than all the Tailed Beasts combined.

I do not forsee a tree eater proclaiming to be that powerful arising or even being taken seriously, but the narutoverse history is not per say the SL history. It is very tempting to void the narutoverse origins of chakra and insert something more SL-esque.

"Yeah dawg, this dragon man came to this village and terrorized the residents. A brave warrior ate the dragon's entire load of jewels, and gained the power to mold yin and yang. Jealous of the human's newfound power, the dragon fought visciously to reclaim its pride and power, only to be killed. It's descendents would be known as Orochimaru, the degradation of its body natural energy, and the weaponized arts that emerged from the sharing of the power known as jutsu."

Come on Kage, we got more creativity than "void all chakra too".  :-?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 04:49:42 AM »

I was just bringing this up so we can agree upon nobody pulling a fast one with the Shinju. But we do have to talk about it, since I believe we need an origination story for chakra and all it's variants.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 04:50:57 AM »

So people are saying that they are the 'canon' eaters of that fruit now? I agree with Kay. There was only one fruit and it being eaten caused chakra to exist and everyone to live (not so) happily ever after.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 04:52:25 AM »

I was just bringing this up so we can agree upon nobody pulling a fast one with the Shinju. But we do have to talk about it, since I believe we need an origination story for chakra and all it's variants.

Not really.

Once there were biju in all of our lives (relatively). Then one day, in some of our lives, they vanished, never to be seen nor heard from again, sucked into the Great Void Poll. There they nibble on floppy disks and watch Disney movies on cryptic VCR's with the mickey mouse logo on them.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 05:07:35 AM »

Ok I gotta question for you Eric.

Suna recognizes her jink. You gonna stop going to Suna? Ame recognizes their Jink. Why are you in Ame clan if you are voiding bijuu and not acknowledging those who have not voided them? Theoretically, Ame should not even exist to you now.

Here is your 'go separate ways we are voiding the bijuu and you guys are not' world...created by your design.

Are you prepared to live with the ramifications? Then I suggest you leave Ame clan...We believe in bijuu there.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 05:18:16 AM »

Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe this thread is about the 'Shinju' in general and whether not it should be voided, now let's stick on topic please. :oops:

@Kage
I don't think anyone is going to jump the gun and claim they ate the 'chakra fruit' without first killing millions and millions (Perhaps billions? I'unno.) of people on Shinobi Legends in order to create another one:
Quote from: This is what I mean
The Shinju (神樹, English TV: Divine Tree) was an ancient tree which grew from the blood of the deceased during the era of endless wars at the dawn of the human race, and was worshiped as the host of a god

Needless to say I can see why you brought it up, since watching the Boruto movie; it is revealed that many versions of the tree existed in various realms and ages.  :shock:

Edit: Derp.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 05:19:16 AM by Camel »

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 05:19:34 AM »

Well, the Boruto movie claims that there are actually numerous Shinju across the dimensions or planets or whatever.

In fact, I may or may not have been doing extensive RP with this particular RP mechanic, considering the light that movie shed.  That's not to say I'm eating chakra fruits, but it's basically /my/ Senju Grand Tree that I plan to use for my own RP advancement.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 05:34:57 AM »

I have always been fond of Yggdrasil the place where all gods should be hung in order to obtain wisdom.

We are told Adam and Eve ate from the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and brought the concept of sin into the world. I am sure this theme has been repeated across many cultures. It evokes something primal within us. Too bad they didn't eat from the tree of life, eh?

Then of course another delightful world tree myth was created by Tolkein in the form of two trees, Telperion and Laurelin from which all light in the world today was hence derived, right down to the twinkle in every gemstone there is.

Be they man made myths for the sake of a series of books or handed down through the ages to explain the world around us, I think it is safe to say it is ancient history and those times shall never be revisited again.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 05:38:43 AM »

I have always been fond of Yggdrasil the place where all gods should be hung in order to obtain wisdom.

We are told Adam and Eve ate from the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and brought the concept of sin into the world. I am sure this theme has been repeated across many cultures. It evokes something primal within us. Too bad they didn't eat from the tree of life, eh?

Then of course another delightful world tree myth was created by Tolkein in the form of two trees, Telperion and Laurelin from which all light in the world today was hence derived, right down to the twinkle in every gemstone there is.

Be they man made myths for the sake of a series of books or handed down through the ages to explain the world around us, I think it is safe to say it is ancient history and those times shall never be revisited again.

Except in my RP, because I visit that shit on the daily. #SuperTree
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 05:52:09 AM »

My whole point is pretty much what Kamui said. There are multiple other Shinju on multiple other planets/dimensions. Even if ours is "claimed", there are others. Which means it opens up ways for people to go about and say that they have Kaguya/Ten Tails-level chakra and abilities. Maybe even beyond that if one is willing to push it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 06:07:49 AM »

My whole point is pretty much what Kamui said. There are multiple other Shinju on multiple other planets/dimensions. Even if ours is "claimed", there are others. Which means it opens up ways for people to go about and say that they have Kaguya/Ten Tails-level chakra and abilities. Maybe even beyond that if one is willing to push it.

Void 'em. Void 'em out of existence.

On a serious note, somebody claims that, just act how you normally would act in a RP situation. Void, counter with a claim of your own, or roll with it.

Ok I gotta question for you Eric.

Suna recognizes her jink. You gonna stop going to Suna? Ame recognizes their Jink. Why are you in Ame clan if you are voiding bijuu and not acknowledging those who have not voided them? Theoretically, Ame should not even exist to you now.

Here is your 'go separate ways we are voiding the bijuu and you guys are not' world...created by your design.

Are you prepared to live with the ramifications? Then I suggest you leave Ame clan...We believe in bijuu there.

Unless  Ame was created from the power of a tailed beast, to claim that Ame "does not exist" is about as crazy as it gets. Not acknowledging tailed beast (or shinju) claims is another matter entirely, one that I would talk directly to the active kage of the village about.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 06:19:34 AM »

That particular user's character would somehow have to figure out a way to eat that giant fruit first and I am certain for a fruit that grants the user the gift of 'chakra', that negative repercussion are generally involved.  (Kaguya basically became corrupted over time)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 07:24:23 AM »

You people try to put to much logic into evetything. There is no reason needed for why there is chakra or where it came from. We are Shinobi and use it simple as that.

Just cause biju aren't around or some fruit or a tree doesn't change that fact.

Think of it this way back before there was the beast the tree or the fruit we used chakra just because right? No logic needed. The logic was we just use it cause its what we do. So just revert back to that mind set.

I never have made Uetto acknowledge the existence of this tree fruit alien elder or even sage of six paths. Simple because none of those things matter here at SL anyways. What he recalls is the history of SL not the Naruto manga.

And for those voiding the beast we can stilrpnwith those accepting them while requesting they not be used in our rp. It is rather simple. I think that's fair. We don't say do rp with them just ask not to involve our characters with them when rping together. If that is to much to ask ten you can just not rp with us out of your own regards.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 19 queries.