Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Challenge to Warren for Shukaku  (Read 5141 times)

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge to Warren for Shukaku
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2015, 07:53:02 PM »

I didn't mean to say I would immediately find him if that is what you took away from it. I just thought that was enough information to be able to eventually track him down and thusly enough to start a hunt rp.

Still. You would have to get lucky and find that host out of the many users occupying that country. It's like I said, you would know only the beast's chakra, which is nice and all but it's most important that you know the host's chakra pattern as well.

@Warren
Theoretically, I could use the method that Bocchiere states, but it would lead me to a wild goose chase. Metaphorically, I am asking if my methods would be accepted, had I actually went through the process of going through them. Which you already gave your answer for my metaphorical. (I don't want Shukaku. Just trying to be the unbiased party here)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 07:55:09 PM by Camel »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2015, 08:00:59 PM »

Same thing, logic. Say Kamui eats a fistful of sand, then suddenly gains the knowledge of my whereabouts 24/7 no matter where I go, what I do? Not gonna fly. Say he instead does detective work to find out I'm on an island or whatever, narrows down the location, swims out and finds it? Then its props to him and I have to deal with a soaked geezer uchiha.

So are you saying I couldn't do that with the information I provided?

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2015, 08:06:58 PM »

You could in theory, it'd just be a needle in haystack case unless you discovered more intel or such as you went along, because searching for Shukaku's chakra relies on it either being in use or otherwise not suppressed, whereas telepathy won't be any use if nobody answers the fire monkey's hollering.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:07:38 PM by Warren »

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 08:24:55 PM »

I always thought the bijuu would at least be able to tell if another was near and they were in a good enough relationship to tell their host so.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 08:39:29 PM »

I always thought the bijuu would at least be able to tell if another was near and they were in a good enough relationship to tell their host so.

Yeah that was my thought too, basically.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 08:48:43 PM »

Well, the telescope technique alone would let you find the beast, and it's host. If you know the signature, it would show you the person who has said signature. I don't understand why people have such a hard time understanding that.

And it's been kinda shown, at least here on SL apparently, that a beast can in fact determine if someone else is a host. Even Warren has done it with Ichirou. I was in the RP where he did it.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 09:02:31 PM »

He did however have his beast openly talking and unsupressed, was up my face too. Had he done neither I'd have been none the wiser.

As for telescope, me thinks its not so much lack of understanding, as it is balance. Instantly finding somebody across the entire goddamn universe is quite stupidly broken compared to using it as a means of visual long range sensing.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2015, 10:40:06 PM »

It was swung in favor of voiding at the end, so people can now do basically whatever they want. Void the beasts or keep playing with them, you can do whichever you want, but neither party can try force the other to do anything against their will anymore either, unless they want to get reported for harassment of course >>

That's not how the vote works. If the vote swung genuinely in the direction of voiding, then no tailed beasts would be recognized in official RP.

In the tie situation that everyone insisted on (I think it was more a non-forumer Kiri vote that swung it, not Ace's last I checked) then there is a split between those who void and those who don't. Those who don't have to abide by the rules in place as they are being amended, no exceptions.

The 1% who are trying to work the workshops are the ones who want to keep the biju, since getting rid of the rules AND keeping the biju was not even in the running for tying with either position.

I decided to post this here after being informed how challenging Warren for his bijuu tends to go.

My explanation as to why I would be able to hunt him down is that I read the mind of a former host of Shukaku (Yukio) and know the beast's chakra signature. That combined with my Telescope Technique http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Telescope_Technique and the mastery of the 4 Tails and the connection the bijuu share should allow me to eventually corner Warren.

I suppose I'll wait and see if Warren accepts this explanation and my challenge before continuing any further.

Corner? I don't know about that. Locate? Seems plausible unless there is something blocking it on Warren's end (which there likely is based on his responses).
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2015, 11:29:50 PM »

I'm not going to have this conversation with you again Eric, or preferably any at the matter, so kindly back off while I have my temper still, and I'll bottomline this so this thread can be over.

A fair number of people, me included, no longer give a damn of the so called 'rules', challenges, or any of the related bijuu drama BS that goes on at the forums. If you want to try reestablish your rules and the like, be my guest, doesn't mean that we'll follow and definitely not that you have to authority to try keep shoving it down our throats. If you want to get at one of us, then do so IC as a ninja would.

Now since that effectively ends the purpose of this thread, and if anyone has questions they can just PM me here or on SL, I propose a lock to this.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2015, 11:35:31 PM »

I'm not going to have this conversation with you again Eric, or preferably any at the matter, so kindly back off while I have my temper still, and I'll bottomline this so this thread can be over.

A fair number of people, me included, no longer give a damn of the so called 'rules', challenges, or any of the related bijuu drama BS that goes on at the forums. If you want to try reestablish your rules and the like, be my guest, doesn't mean that we'll follow and definitely not that you have to authority to try keep shoving it down our throats. If you want to get at one of us, then do so IC as a ninja would.

Now since that effectively ends the purpose of this thread, and if anyone has questions they can just PM me here or on SL, I propose a lock to this.

Your temper? Oh man, I better get my white flag real quick. Wait a minute.

I got a temper too, and never have I relied on it and it alone to get what I want. Say what you want Warren, do what you want, but the facts are the facts.

Bocchiere is making an official challenge for a tailed beast, and is asking if that is acceptable. I gave my opinion on that. You are coming on here saying that it is a complete and utter free for all when it is not. That is only what you want it to be.

Those who are trying to reform the rules want to keep the tailed beasts, want to reform the system, not get rid of it. What you are stating is completely and utterly against the poll and its supporters! If you are going to blatantly lie about the result of the poll just so that you don't have to "deal" with something, then at the very least don't get offended when someone calls you out on it.

And for the record, I am one of the loudest components to void the biju and everything involving them. I will not harass you, but I will not back down either.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2015, 11:43:40 PM »

Wait I have a question.
So in the event, that we set up new rules that are established AND backed by most of the RP community (and the current SL kages), you (and your 'group') are going to give the middle finger to those rules? Is that what you're saying?

Just asking for clarification.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2015, 11:54:38 PM »

You've gone through basically every insult, lie and accusation about me in the book, among other things, yet you still think I give a damn of what you have to say Eric? Just stop. If you continue I'm going to report you.

@Mei
Unless we have a collective tremendous change of heart, yes.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2015, 11:58:21 PM »

You've gone through basically every insult, lie and accusation about me in the book, among other things, yet you still think I give a damn of what you have to say Eric? Just stop. If you continue I'm going to report you.

@Mei

You have a lot of input we can use that I hope you consider collecting it all and posting it somewhere here. With how strongly you are opposed at the moment, it seems you have a clear belief of what is appropriate and what isn't.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2015, 12:06:05 AM »

@Mei

Go ahead and report me, I'm neither invincible nor immune to the powers that be. But there has been too much pain in the past, between setting up the rules, getting people to follow them, to coming to the realization that people who refuse to follow them sometimes cannot be reasoned with, for me to honestly sit back and watch you deface the very value of the poll that was conducted, to misconstrue the intent and reason behind the many posts (some more passionate than others) that filled its many pages.

Report me if you so like, but the flavor is in the pudding. The majority of those who spoke, who voted morever, to keep the biju never intended on a complete and utter free-for-all where no regulation, not even activity restraints, was the norm.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2015, 12:20:00 AM »

Implying the intent and reason behind the many posts ever was what you thought. It wasn't the first thing I've told you the truth about right up the face, yet you're so mulish about getting things your way you refuse to see it.

Now as I said before, if anyone's got questions then PM me on here or SL, preferably the latter.

Lock please.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 1.066 seconds with 20 queries.