Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Further Questions: New Rules vs No Rules  (Read 6031 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Further Questions: New Rules vs No Rules
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 02:54:14 AM »

People who void the tailed beasts don't seem to be having that much of a, how you might say, ripple, but that's because the tailed beasts contributed so relativelly little to general RP in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah, so the voiders don't recognize the power-up/pet/mind buddy anymore that non-hosts rarely interacted with anyways. In the grand scheme of RP, it's actually not that hard to consider them non-existent unless circumstances, such as an IC fight, crop up.

The ones who wanted to keep the beasts and amend the rules, the balls in the court. You can amend the rules all you want, but as been said many times over, without enforcement (both fair, sometimes dogged, and consistent enforcement mind you) it will be a "whoever wants to follow it, notwithstanding the beast's ownership riding on acknowledgement" kind of deal.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 02:54:50 AM »

I avoid the bijuu like the plague, but that doesn't mean I think it should be voided.

Is there a better way of doing it? Probably. Will it happen? No, because none of you can agree on anything.

Well then why do we even allow people to propose things on the forum? Come on already, one of you Uzumaki guys posts basically this same post in every forum topic that is any kind of debate/discussion.

They're not wrong on that comment though.

That doesn't make it less un-helpful though.

Na Stroke, you're right. Did my comment contribute at all with the topic at hand? No. But after being on these boards for awhile, compromise doesn't seem to exist.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 03:03:16 AM »

Okay then, you want something helpful? Give me tomorrow, and I'll provide you guys with some proper guide to this entire Tailed Beast drama. Like, for real. I'm getting pretty sick of seeing those sorts of discussion on the latest post when I log in.

Yes, yes I do. Please do that.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 06:25:30 AM »

If we're talking about on an individual basis here, the greatest type of enforcement we could ever impose is recognition.

The listings of the Tailed Beasts is public information, and we heavily rely on these listings to know if people are legit if having these things. There's a list here on the forums and on the profile wiki, which we try to keep accurate and up-to-date all the time. If someone were to come along and say that they have this certain Tailed Beast, while the list says otherwise, then we wouldn't recognize that as being legit. To strip someone is to no-longer recognize them as being a holder of a Tailed Beast. This requires the community to participate in order to enforce this, as it is the community itself that enforces the ideal that somebody does not hold that Tailed Beast.

Voiding, to put it simply. For example's sake, if somebody claims to have the Eleven Tails, while somebody else is acknowledged to already have it, then people would have to void that fact about them. That doesn't mean we're voiding the person, but it just means we're not acknowledging that Tailed Beast-possessing status they claim to have. Of course this could elevate to simply not RPing with them, but that just isolates that one person even more.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2015, 08:46:32 AM »

I actually thought we made pretty good progress in the Bijuu Rules Workshop thread, but it is now obvious that some people are not going to follow the rules regardless.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2015, 02:40:36 PM »

I actually thought we made pretty good progress in the Bijuu Rules Workshop thread, but it is now obvious that some people are not going to follow the rules regardless.

If you want to continue working on the rules, you are going to have to start stripping. You will either get a few hosts who will act right, or you will have a few beasts who belong to nobody because between the void crowd and the rule-breakers, there'll be nobody left to take up that mantlet.

Besides, it was already establihed that some people were not going to follow the rules anyways. That's part of the reason the biju poll was made.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2015, 05:02:59 PM »

If it's still an option, I liked Dart's idea. Easy way to resolve conflict.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2015, 05:23:43 PM »

I'm just gonna go have fun. Maybe we will run into each other one day. Maybe not.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2015, 06:11:55 PM »

Yeah, we may have to. >.>

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2015, 10:30:56 PM »

Yeah, we may have to. >.>
Even then, that doesn't guarantee that people are gonna follow through with it.

What's to keep somebody from going across all public outlets that are available to them to write in, or overwrite, their own rules or possessors of the Tailed Beasts that only they or a very small faction of RPers follow?

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2015, 11:04:24 PM »

Then let them do what they want. I guess if there is a general consensus to have the bijuu as village 'creatures', then anyone who doesn't follow the rule can RP in their little groups if they want. Just like with anything, if you don't like what someone's doing then just don't RP with them.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2015, 11:20:30 PM »

Then let them do what they want. I guess if there is a general consensus to have the bijuu as village 'creatures', then anyone who doesn't follow the rule can RP in their little groups if they want. Just like with anything, if you don't like what someone's doing then just don't RP with them.

Well, when it boils down to it, if a host interacts with a village: whatta we do?

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2015, 11:22:24 PM »

Try to accommodate them to the best of your ability. Maybe inform them that the village follows the Village Bijuu rules and not the host rules. Tell them that they're more than welcome to RP in the village, but any bijuu-related interactions would be considered void for the time being.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2015, 02:29:04 AM »

Try to accommodate them to the best of your ability. Maybe inform them that the village follows the Village Bijuu rules and not the host rules. Tell them that they're more than welcome to RP in the village, but any bijuu-related interactions would be considered void for the time being.

And what if a village does my wish to follow this style? What then? void the entire village? And are you saying I can't go take another villages biju? Because that would make no rp logic for me not to be able to and we focus so hard on logic.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2015, 03:13:42 AM »

And what if a village does my wish to follow this style? What then? void the entire village? And are you saying I can't go take another villages biju? Because that would make no rp logic for me not to be able to and we focus so hard on logic.

Well, usually RP will stay within a village if it's including the village. Let that RP close its cycle and then let the village get back to what it was. The people who get involved in it will have to be following the same rules, so it should all stay in a bubble. It's a sticky situation no matter how we look at it, because there's always going to be issues.

And I know that logic is a big issue here...But I believe Grant Morrison has a great quote regarding it that maybe some of us can learn from.
“Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 16 queries.