Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

Should Game Masters be added?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Game Masters | Community picked  (Read 10721 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: Game Masters | Rp Mods
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 07:03:09 AM »

I have to agree with Kay. Yes to GMs no to rp mods. Moderation can sometimes kill creativity.

Now that is not to say they can not mod over an rp even they may host or sponsor. Truly anyone can do that as it is their event and others choice to join, not become forced.

If this does come to blossom I would very much like to attempt to run for such a position (spoken like a true politition lol). All bs aside though I have long spoke to a few mods about wanting to take a step into something of this sort as to give back to a site that has given me so much. I believe I could help and I do host a sense of rp experience. It would be a most exciting turn of event to step away from just focusing on my character's rp standing and start to think of the entire sites rp standings. Of course with that said I doubt most of you would actually even consider me for such a thing. 

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 07:10:06 AM »

You guys are saying yes to GMs, but no to rp mods. For me they are the same thing, but with different words. So whenever I say rp mods for me it's the same as saying GM. ~ Sorry to confuse you all.

I already put in a second step to make sure someone isn't voted in by popular votes of friends. Neji will have to make the final decision along with Ace I'd assume. So while yes the 1st step could put someone by number of friends up to being picked it is Neji's final say. I trust his judgement in picking people. Never has gone bad before.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 07:13:54 AM »

I completely did not notice the whole 'mod' part of it. I believe that a Mod can also be a GM, but a GM isn't a mod...If you get what I mean lol But I think Kayenta brought up a good point about a GM being flexible. You have to be mindful of the people that you play with, but they should also be willing to try out new stuff. I'm sure I'd be able to write something that made a lot more sense if I wasn't really that tired, but I hope I can put the point across.

But then again, it's up to the community on whether or not they pay attention to a GM offering them RP potential. Some people may be perfectly fine staying in their RP bubble and not want to join the Panty Raid of the girl's dormitory being set up by a GM. But I've had good experiences so far in Otogakure while acting out NPCs and interacting with the players. Unfortunately, we don't see too much traffic over there but I try and make the most of what we do get :)

And a GM would need to devote time to the game. They'd need to be on top of what's going on in the villages...And that's hard to do sometimes (like with Iwa recently, there was so much going on I had a hard time keeping track of it. Same happened a bit in Suna during the Jhen Morhan event). But, you gotta ask around and read a lot to try and make sense of it lol
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2015, 08:36:20 AM »

Actually Kirk, I think if you were just being a GM and not having to deal with the risk of character failure/achievements/ death hoo ha that you could come up with some interesting things to do.

Activity level is a huge commitment and not just on the short term level either. A person needs to be able to try again and again and again without giving up and throwing in the towel to get back out there and see if perhaps this time an RP will fly or not.

We need people in the gardens too. It gets dead in there sometimes and that is just depressing.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2015, 11:27:19 AM »

Being in the middle of a different RP, I believe, is a viable excuse for ignoring the prompts for a different one. I think.

... A true GM does not pit himself against the player but provides opportunity for the players to shine and to progress their characters and to have fun. And if you trust the GM to lead you on the ride of your life, you might just enjoy yourself some.

This. Even if the role of moderator were to be attached, this right here sums up what I would really accept in a GM. Someone I can trust, someone who is not going to go to war with the style of RP of the people involved, and someone not catering to a particular crowd among the participants.

I sometimes I feel I have failed as a moderator here on the forums, so I won't be jumping into this side of the water anytime soon, but I would love to see this embodiment of a GM.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2015, 12:05:27 PM »

i was meaning that other people who are not currently rping in the village are hesitant to do anything if something is going on. It should be ok to have several things going on at once. for it is true that the rest of town does not just go into sleep mode cause I am over here doing something else. That aspect of RP on sl is missing and I would like to see it return.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 12:13:54 PM »

Well not to be a spoilsport but I don't see this happening. If memory serves Neji wouldn't want new ones without making them a mod, Ace doesn't want more mods, and ultimately in the end a fancy nor game posting are needed for being a GM anyway.

It would be nice and all to make your name go away, would look cleaner if done right, but ultimately that's it. Somebody who people dig and want to GM for them can accomplish just as much, in some cases actually more, as an 'official' person.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 06:01:30 PM »

Well not to be a spoilsport but I don't see this happening. If memory serves Neji wouldn't want new ones without making them a mod, Ace doesn't want more mods, and ultimately in the end a fancy nor game posting are needed for being a GM anyway.

It would be nice and all to make your name go away, would look cleaner if done right, but ultimately that's it. Somebody who people dig and want to GM for them can accomplish just as much, in some cases actually more, as an 'official' person.

They don't need more normal mods. Ones who do petitions and resolve game-based issues. I 100% agree. Hell they don't even need as many as they have now. Ice, Ace, and Taraka alone can handle the work load. With Kamui, Rinoa, and such adding more. In fact it's overkill to me.

There are 12 mods for SL with 2 placed on the inactive list. Yet with SL being an RP site shouldn't there be some kind of person for rp stuff? I understand the viewpoint from both sides. Yet after more than a year and having kicked the ball around with others I still believe we could do a lot more with them.

Neji said he didn't want GMs from his quote. He didn't want a question of power to ensue and have rp rules put into place. I guess that's one good thing about SL for this situation. Trying to put rules on even the smallest thing in SL and it starts a fire. I've had my hand in suggesting nerf layouts for characters and how something should be. In the end people rp how they want. You can't put rules on them.

While he voiced those fears I feel as though there are people on here who wouldn't pursue a power contest. Who wouldn't try to change rules on SL. Who would do all the things a GM should. Yet they haven't had a chance. And for what reason? They could accomplish the same things without /game and the GM title? Then all I ask is that you give those people doing that currently the /game ability.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2015, 06:39:41 PM »

Usually I label these topics as 'round 2' or something of the likes. However I think that implies that there will be more topics or rounds about it later down the line. That's not my intent here. The addition of game masters/rp mods has been talked about before and small solutions have been added. With those solutions I feel they were put in to keep us content while avoiding providing us with what we wanted.

So far to date in terms of Rp on the site of SL. (An rp site mind you) Rp additions:

OOC and IC village boards (I love these to no end and I'd like to think some members think the same)

Uzushigakure as a village (I know overall the topic was....iffy for lack of better words, but for the most part I'm thankful that another step for rp was made)

The /gm option in the zones. )Which Warren informed me was removed due to select people abusing it. :/ )

Two GMS. Kyu (no longer here) and Zenaku (doesn't use his gm ability)

I don't use my ability??  :o :o
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2015, 07:05:46 PM »

Usually I label these topics as 'round 2' or something of the likes. However I think that implies that there will be more topics or rounds about it later down the line. That's not my intent here. The addition of game masters/rp mods has been talked about before and small solutions have been added. With those solutions I feel they were put in to keep us content while avoiding providing us with what we wanted.

So far to date in terms of Rp on the site of SL. (An rp site mind you) Rp additions:

OOC and IC village boards (I love these to no end and I'd like to think some members think the same)

Uzushigakure as a village (I know overall the topic was....iffy for lack of better words, but for the most part I'm thankful that another step for rp was made)

The /gm option in the zones. )Which Warren informed me was removed due to select people abusing it. :/ )

Two GMS. Kyu (no longer here) and Zenaku (doesn't use his gm ability)

I don't use my ability??  :o :o

You didn't for like years when you were gone.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2015, 11:54:43 PM »

I would totally use my mod powers for SL as I'm familiar with GMing, but I'm always swamped with school and work that I don't have as much time for the site as I used to. I use the /game power occasionally, but it's never anything too serious.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2015, 10:29:38 PM »

I can't everyone have the '/game' ability though? o.o
Or make it something that can be obtained through DP.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2015, 10:40:45 PM »

Because certain individuals would abuse the shit out of it for trolling, and only high enough level moderators can see who did it.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2015, 12:06:43 AM »

Can we at least give it a shot?
Because all I see is an endless cycle.
New GMs chosen -> then they are inactive -> Community wants new GMs -> repeat

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2015, 12:09:59 AM »

Can we at least give it a shot?
Because all I see is an endless cycle.
New GMs chosen -> then they are inactive -> Community wants new GMs -> repeat

It was attempted once. Then a few people had to ruin it for everyone by abusing it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.