Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Should Game Masters be added?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Game Masters | Community picked  (Read 10644 times)

Mei

• View Profile
Re: Game Masters | Rp Mods
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2015, 12:17:57 AM »

It was attempted once. Then a few people had to ruin it for everyone by abusing it.

Oh damn. I didn't know. ._.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2015, 12:23:40 AM »

It was attempted once. Then a few people had to ruin it for everyone by abusing it.

Oh damn. I didn't know. ._.

Yeah, having the power to GM post without a name wuz too much for sum to handle responsibility. :(
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2015, 12:41:26 AM »

But what if the /game function can be appointed to a certain individual per village? And said person can be delegated to be GM(unofficially) of said area and able to conduct RP with those who wish in sad fashion. The ability to hide your name and narrate RP that doesn't deal with your own character is a game-changer for sure in the RP aspect of SL. Especially allowing the interaction of NPC's with the SL characters which I firmly believe we need more of. We could delegate specific NPCs and give them certain names to keep the task the same and have everyone familiar with who's who and whats what in terms of non player characters of SL. Because they are also important when it comes to RP and some people forget that. Especially with all these petty village invasions...*cough* *cough* xD

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2015, 02:41:41 AM »

Can we at least give it a shot?
Because all I see is an endless cycle.
New GMs chosen -> then they are inactive -> Community wants new GMs -> repeat

I just remember lots of people playing with bundles of sticks.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2015, 02:58:36 AM »

In Suna clan there are a handful of alts that are shared accounts for the purpose of being NPC characters.
The passwords are shared by a few who use them now and again.

In Kumo this is also the case.

And just like mentioned before, you can RP npcs on an account and the name is not that big of an issue. It being there does not prevent you from creating npcs to interact with.

It would be nice to see a few GMs active. site wide.
I still do not think that authority should be handed out those as in the case of making GMs mods.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2015, 03:16:18 AM »

I'd still like to give it a shot... just saying.

Hotaru

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2015, 05:00:48 PM »

Should Rp mods/game masters be put into play. Yes or no and give constructive reasoning

I think gms would be a really good addition, but I agree with Kayenta in that they should be separate from mods and thus subject to mod decisions in rp like we all are. Someone would be great to have around in that sense, and especially if they can have access to do so on all of the boards instead of just one.
Sophie: They say that the best blaze burns brightest, when circumstances are at their worst.

Calcifer: Yeah, but no-one really believes that. Come on, let's be honest.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2015, 05:25:32 PM »

I finally remembered my password.

I personally think that Gms are a good  idea. That each area should have one, however we all can bring some life into the world of RP. I personally love to use and create NPC. Yamamoto being one of them. Whilst i am simply too busy ( and scatter minded, you all know me, i would forget my legs,arms and head if they weren't attached!). So instead of separate account per NPC, I try to use different color codes. It works pretty well and i got no issues with lending the NPC out.

The only thing i see is, we are all ..or  most of us are adults.SO we will have limited activity here. So we should have GMs with time , but also some experience. To roleplay in simple events is one thing. To lead  them another. Players NEVER do what you expect, ever.

Also for the GMs, if they feel like they are unable to do their job anymore, they should say up front. So that no one is inconvenienced. I am sure someone thinks "Silver, that is common sense", but i saw common sense fail far too often. Just making double sure...

Is this all i wanted to say....hmm..yes i think it is, so excuse me,  my character still wonders where his leg is....

Renji Nakara

• Anyone for a snowball fight?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2015, 06:00:42 PM »

Yes, I think this is a really good idea. Like a really really good idea.

Renji then leaves almost as quickly as he appeared. If you noticed his presence you have indeed seen a very rare sight indeed. You should tell your grandkids about it.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2015, 06:31:26 PM »

Yes, I think this is a really good idea. Like a really really good idea.

Renji then leaves almost as quickly as he appeared. If you noticed his presence you have indeed seen a very rare sight indeed. You should tell your grandkids about it.

Oh man that takes me back.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2015, 07:34:07 PM »

I can't vote here because I would be saying yes to GMs with Mod powers. I believe I stated that once before.

Gms are just staff storytellers without authority, and I feel it needs to stay that way. Do you want me telling you what you can and cannot do with your character? Because I can do that if you want. I can tell you this move is BS and void. I can tell you the village is busy doing this RP now and you will have to wait. I can point to something and say, you metagamed, you didn't get that skill through legit means. But for you to have to obey?
pft....
Well I don't want you telling me that either.

actually...since I don't want them to have authority...I can vote No.

Which stinks cause I think we need more GMs, just not as Shadow proposes them to be.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 07:35:46 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2015, 07:35:50 PM »

I can't vote here because I would be saying yes to GMs with Mod powers. I believe I stated that once before.

Gms are just staff storytellers without authority, and I feel it needs to stay that way. Do you want me telling you what you can and cannot do with your character? Because I can do that if you want. I can tell you this move is BS and void. I can tell you the village is busy doing this RP now and you will have to wait. I can point to something and say, you metagamed, you didn't get that skill through legit means. But for you to have to obey?
pft....
Well I don't want you telling me that either.

I've stated several times that they have no mod powers.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2015, 07:36:39 PM »

then edit the poll to take mod out of the title.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2015, 07:38:18 PM »

You guys are saying yes to GMs, but no to rp mods. For me they are the same thing, but with different words. So whenever I say rp mods for me it's the same as saying GM. ~ Sorry to confuse you all.

But yes I will edit that since it's confusing so many.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Vail

• View Profile
Re: Game Masters | Community picked
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2015, 07:47:32 PM »

I voted yes. I think this is a fantastic idea. Let's hope it goes through without any trouble.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 22 queries.