Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Village Change: Jiseigakure to Amegakure  (Read 7063 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Village Change: Jiseigakure to Amegakure
« on: October 26, 2015, 07:54:31 AM »

I would like to purpose the renaming/restructuring of Jiseigakure to Amegakure. This is mainly because it seems like prime real estate for RP, and I feel that it's about time that it be introduced to the site as a village board after nine years of it being continually brought-up. And if I could site the numbers from the poll in the topic here, it can be shown that a minimum of 23 members of the community already fully support Amegakure becoming a village board. More are very much likely to cast their opinion for this.

Amegakure, the Industrialized Village of the Rain

A constant downpour of rain can be felt upon you, as you enter the village composed of iron and steel. All around you the inhabitants are wearing a cloak to shield them from the rain, and a constant chatter could be heard from the people around yourself. Steps of feet hitting upon water and steel can be heard all around you, which blends in with the sound of the rain hitting upon the metal buildings and pipes that compose the village. The entire area of the village is illuminated by lights from various shops and neon signs, making the village seem not so dark by the constantly cloudy climate, which give off various sparkles of lights at night.

A presence though can certainly be felt, as you feel watched by the eyes of the village's security hidden in the crowd and lurking behind steel buildings and structures. Conspiring or suspicious individuals have a tendency to suddenly disappear in this area.

The clock at the Ramen Shop reads [time].

You hear a villager say that today is [date].

Some would say that Jiseigakure is meant to be an area of neutrality for anybody to enter into and RP in. But really, it's not different from our OOC boards that we already have. Below is the RP and OOC board of Jiseigakure, copied and pasted as of this post's current date.

Quote from: RP
(21d1h) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks!
(20d6h) <未来> Celestial Archer Shinkiro looking for more sparring partners to train for the upcoming Chuunin exam, who can also give advice/suggestions. o.o
(16d7h) Pie Sage SharinganpranksterShazno shrugs his shoulders, stripping down his clothes as he walks through "Welp, if ya can't beat 'em."
(16d) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks!
(15d4h) <HT> Genin Mieko peeks at the streaker.
(14d22h) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks after six hours!
(14d8h) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks again! :D
(9d11h) <未来> Maura Echo wonders why the streaker streaks so much?
(9d10h) <HT> Genin Mieko wonders why the sky is blue, or why birds chirp, or why Donald Trump's hair is shaped like that? ...The world may never knwo.
(9d) <未来> LeAnne Rose agrees..
(8d11h) Pie Sage SharinganpranksterShazno looks at Mieko and declares "You're fired" squinting his eyes
(8d6h) <♪> Supernova Becquerel smiles. "HIs hair is shaped like a wave, because it represents the wave of change he will bring to the nation!" lol
(7d10h) <HT> Genin Mieko gives Bec all the awards.
(7d3h) <沙> Wandering Asadi was seen streaking while praising the one true god. "Praise be the Camel! May his blessings be felt upon your skin in the gentle breeze!"
(5d23h) <♪> Supernova Becquerel happily accepts any and all rewards.
(5d12h) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks by and steals the awards for the Camel!
(4d14h) <霧隠> Misumi snips Asadi's manhood off, "There. Now you're PG."
(4d10h) <HT> Genin Mieko trips the streaker, whistling innocently.
(2d12h) <沙> Wandering Asadi 's beard was snipped off and he was tripped. ;-;
> (1d7h) <HT> Genin Mieko cackles then gives him an ice pack.
> (1d) <沙> Wandering Asadi puts the ice pack into a mug of freshly pour whiskey. "Thank you!"
> (16h41m) Academy Student Warhearth needs dp, please support this cause!
> (1h12m) <HT> Genin Mieko wonders what the Mercenary Camp is for anyway? O-O
> (7m39s) <沙> Wandering Asadi coughs. "Well, I can tell you that you can't pay them enough to streak with you." ;-;
> (3m18s) <HT> Genin Mieko pats the streaker's shoulder comfortingly.

Quote from: OOC
(36d11h) <HT> Genin Mieko cheers and throws her hands up in the air, running around. "GGGGGGOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!"
(36d10h) Lone Sage Shien hides the camrea!
(36d10h) Lone Sage Shien rectifies.
(36d10h) <HT> Genin Mieko pours chocolate syrup on him and his camera.
(36d10h) Lone Sage Shien Cries!!
(33d10h) <HT> Genin Mieko laughs maniacally before fleeing with a swish of the cape!
(24d2h) <HT> Genin Mieko has the absolute worst luck when it comes to that lady and her apples...
(23d10h) <Guard> 自殺 Ghost SkiiLove glides through again, filling the town with the curls of a cold fog.
(22d13h) <HT> Genin Mieko shudders as she dons on ten sweaters.
(21d1h) <沙> Wandering Asadi nommed a loogie? o-o;
(16d) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks!
(14d21h) <沙> Wandering Asadi sniffles. ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽
(14d10h) <HT> Genin Mieko hands him a tissue and a pair... >>
(14d8h) <沙> Wandering Asadi takes the pair of undies and wears them on his head. He's never seen such a strange thing before and thought it was a fancy hat. Also, he blew his nose and gave it back to Mieko... in her left ear. :D
(14d4h) <HT> Genin Mieko ...streaks!
(14d1h) <沙> Wandering Asadi gasps!
(11d12h) <未来> LeAnne Rose watches curiously
(10d6h) <HT> Genin Mieko streaks by Kiri!
(8d3h) <未来> LeAnne Rose blinks having been streaked by o.o;;
(7d10h) <HT> Genin Mieko laughs maniacally.
(6d13h) <未来> LeAnne Rose chuckles
(6d6h) <HT> Genin Mieko places a cape and mask on her sidekick!
(2d13h) <The> Validia ✲ Haru flails about
(2d12h) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks again!
(2d2h) <沙> Wandering Asadi streaks!

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Village Change: Jiseigakure to Amegakure
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 07:56:05 AM »

I'm up for anything that brings up more RP. Sure, I don't see what's wrong with it. I didn't think Jiseigakure really ever did anything anyway.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 07:57:41 AM »

Well Nin Central is the buff capital. Perhaps move some shops to Uzushiogakure and divide 'em up.

Other than that I see no issue with it. It's not being used and with it being Amegakure at the LEAST some rp will be done if not a lot.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 08:28:52 AM »

sounds like a good idea to me. village alliance doesn't keep anyone from using the buff shops and such. That is all OOC perks of the game and nothing to do with RP. And it would negate the need to create new shops for Uzi and they are a ton in Jisei.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 02:21:59 PM »

Jisei was always meant for random neutral nonsense, and its serving the purpose well, so I see no point in changing it.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 05:03:52 PM »

If Neji permits, I say we have another poll on if we want to keep Jis or have Ame. This is, of course, if Neji allows for it.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 07:30:20 PM »

Jisei was always meant for random neutral nonsense, and its serving the purpose well, so I see no point in changing it.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 09:58:29 PM »

I honestly liked the Ninja Central name, but given the naruto-series and what not it makes more sense to call that board such. In most mmorpgs though there is a central hub where all the noobs are safe from being pwned and what not as well as for opposing factions to meet together to kinda 'chillax' from most of the bickering and heated gameplay that goes on. With SL, Ninja Central or well Jisegakure is just that. Honestly I don't know how I'd feel with SL losing that xD Even if its filled with madness, it suits the need. Otherwise we'd see such in possibly Konoha or Kiri or Suna, but its safe to put such activity to Jise. Who knows? Maybe someone could seriously give Jisegakure a take over and get some active RP flowing, otherwise it still fits its central hub theme. Especially with a hall of fame, ichiraku's ramen and other shops.

If anything I would like to see maybe Amegakure vs Hoshigakure in which village does the site wish to see actively roaming in RP? YESSSS I've noticed the countless advocated for Hoshigakure but a contention could arise to see which village would the community wish to see more of? If Amegakure seems to take the popular vote over Hoshi we would see how our views stand and the same goes if Hoshigakure is voted to stay. Either way, that would seem like a more fair tradeoff than turning Jisegakure a land of neutrality and SL-ooc into Ame. Otherwise, whats to say that changing the name to Ame still won't stop the customs and norms that go on in Jisegakure(formerly Ninja Central)?

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 10:51:14 PM »

Well, with the inclusion of OOC boards, is there any worth to having the 'randomness' in Jisei? It has both an RP and OOC board, and both seem to be used for OOC stuff :/ Just kind of redundant, I think.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 10:57:44 PM »

Regardless of what happens, I feel that something that impacts the whole SL site needs to be announced on the SL site, rather than just left to the opinions of those who come to the forum to decide. IF a vote is held, it should be announced upon the SL MoTD to inform people what is being proposed to impact them at large.

Honestly though, rather than lose Hoshi or Jisei, I would just as soon see another village board created to become Ame. Unless there is some finite number of village boards a LotGD can accommodate, then why not? If we truly are wanting more places to RP, then why delete anything just for a name change instead of adding a whole other place?

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 11:00:07 PM »

I think  we have enough boards as is really. My own reason for proposing Uzushiogakure was because there were two Otogakure boards and I didn't think that was much productive for the site. Otherwise, creating too many village boards can be a problem once there is a scarcity on activity, site-wise.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 11:08:50 PM »

We had a huge influx of people when the AmeVUzu poll happened. Unfortunately, it didn't seem like many of them stayed here to join in these kind of conversations lol
Why not make a MotD that is kind of like an invitation to the users of SL? Basically, a 'you-choose' message to determine whether Jisei will change, Ame will just be added, or none of the above. (or other options that Neji might have)

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2015, 01:01:54 AM »

Honestly though, rather than lose Hoshi or Jisei, I would just as soon see another village board created to become Ame. Unless there is some finite number of village boards a LotGD can accommodate, then why not? If we truly are wanting more places to RP, then why delete anything just for a name change instead of adding a whole other place?

I don't want to see another village board, 'cause that'll only result in me losing my travels and forest fights real quick. Maybe in the near-future, we can add another village, though, only if Neji will fix this entire travel points gimmick.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 01:48:59 AM »

Regardless of what happens, I feel that something that impacts the whole SL site needs to be announced on the SL site, rather than just left to the opinions of those who come to the forum to decide. IF a vote is held, it should be announced upon the SL MoTD to inform people what is being proposed to impact them at large.

+1 for adding another board instead of swapping another one.

At the moment, it seems like these are the C&E's:
1) Change Jisei to Ame & lose a neutral city
- I don't mind this much just because the neutral city lost most of its appeal now that we have an OOC board internally of villages. Whether or not Ame now gets more traffic than Uzu shouldn't matter. Uzu was presented an opportunity and won it. Another opportunity is now presenting itself and Ame can easily obtain that one.
2) We rename Jisei to Ame & divide shops
- This is horrible to do considering how much Jisei has to offer to those of us who prefer to level/sit as opposed to RP'ing. Dividing villages will utterly kill our travel points and limit us greatly.
3) We create an Ame village & have virtually nothing but the basics in it
- Board literally becomes a place to post and has no appeal except that. Able to scribe to it would be cool as to no longer require to go there physically and kill travel points if you level. I don't think this should be made into a village you can be born in to as it limits itself as a village to have things such as ninja academies but nothing to benefit from it such as shops.
4) Keep Jisei & let Ame do what they've done before
- May seem "unfair" or whatever, but they lost a poll that could have gotten them a village and now they just gotta deal with not having one.

TL;DR, please don't mess up my shops, I like leveling and sitting infinitely more than all this "rp".

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 02:12:47 AM »

TL;DR, please don't mess up my shops, I like leveling and sitting infinitely more than all this "rp".

My main concern is also the shops. I do both rp and leveling though.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.