Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Can Someone Explain the Bijuu Vote Tie-Breaker Situation  (Read 2314 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Can Someone Explain the Bijuu Vote Tie-Breaker Situation
« on: October 28, 2015, 08:28:05 AM »

OK. I missed the vote by a little bit so I do not get what happened.

Some people are saying it was a tie, some people are saying voiding won. I can look at the results of the poll still and see it's a tie, so why are some people saying voiding won?

Did someone change their vote after the poll was over? Did someone who missed the deadline add their vote after the poll was over? If it's the latter I should be able to add my vote too since I only missed it by a day or two, and that would tie it up again since I'd vote for Amend.

Regardless either of those seem not cool unless they were prescribed conditions at the start of the poll. Sometimes ties happen. Letting people change their vote after casting it just means we're letting peer pressure or someone going, "Tired of discussing this lets just break the tie by changing my vote." decide the winner, in which case we shouldn't have had the poll at all.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Can Someone Explain the Bijuu Vote Tie-Breaker Situation
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 09:13:42 AM »

because gitsune did not have a forum account but voted to void them. so you have to add one to the results to void the bijuu.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 09:18:30 AM »

because gitsune did not have a forum account but voted to void them. so you have to add one to the results to void the bijuu.

Really? That's it? And that happened before the poll ended? What's the confusion then?

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 09:33:12 AM »

over since the vote was so close...now if anybody wants to agree to void the bijuu.

that went on for quite a while. i feel it was worded badly. and then people had to post saying what way they voted, and that was done in a manner that was not clear cut either.

and so a hand full of people voted to end the bijuu. does that mean anyone has to listen to that? Pretend to be yujo for a bit. can the guy not get a break? he finally gets a turn and now everyone is just gonna quit? holy crap people.

and then you got the eric and warren feud which i seriously don't want to hear about ever again. I just cringe when i see one reply to the other these days.

people whined cause warren didn't post in the lower zones...this was after he was accused of inactivity..and I mean really? who post the site in public more? Like a pm could not have been sent to request he move to lower zone for posting in order to make finding him possible. oh no....it was turned into some deep dark plot of his to screw everyone out of the ability to challenge him.

the shit throwing really got out of hand and I can't blame anyone now for telling everyone else to just go shove it. I will make my rules and stick to them and you can blow smoke out your nose for all I care.

That is pretty much how the whole thing made me feel.

so while everyone was wound up over that, I decided...sheesh i am bored and tired of nothing being settled, so in the mean time until someone really decided what we are doing, let's work on making rules better...at least for those people who are going to tell the bijuu voiders that they no longer rp with them...cause that where it was. Splitsville...we are over here and you are over there...and just shoot me now.

well that was not too bad but then i got accused of just tryint to have my own way despite what the majority...excuse me while i gafaw over that term...decided what would be done with the bijuu.

so I was like yeah....imma go to bed and let you all hang each other with out me for a bit.

i think the whole thing made me ill. just killed all the energy i had. about 2 weeks for that to go away?

so you know what I am not doing?

Bijuu stuff. so make a new thread if you need edits. I want to feel good, not like shit. and good luck. but after that circle jerk, i will be seriously surprised if anyone agrees to anything but the most bare bones basic of rules...if at all.

Dart had an idea about the bijuu just being village owned that seemed to spark some interest among folks from the different camps. but somehow that got buried. look it up.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 09:46:05 AM »

Well thank you for... all of that.

I went back and checked the topic and Gitsune's vote was mentioned before the poll closed. So unless foul play was considered (I've talked to Gitsune and doubt that) then there is no question, voiding won 16-15.

I can see why people are making rules for their own side since it was so close and obviously some people do still want the bijuu but the result of the vote does not seem up for debate.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 10:05:42 AM »

what is more than obvious is that an opinion poll certainly was not being adhered to as though it were law and something that all of SL was going to stick to based upon the participation of 30+ people. and so what if they did? what would keep the hundreds of other people, who could not care less what forum people say and do, from claiming a bijuu for themselves?

rarely are problems solved by just throwing them away.

anyhow...that is how stuff went down and round and round.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 01:45:55 PM »

Some people are saying it was a tie, some people are saying voiding won. I can look at the results of the poll still and see it's a tie, so why are some people saying voiding won?

Did someone change their vote after the poll was over? Did someone who missed the deadline add their vote after the poll was over? If it's the latter I should be able to add my vote too since I only missed it by a day or two, and that would tie it up again since I'd vote for Amend.

Regardless either of those seem not cool unless they were prescribed conditions at the start of the poll. Sometimes ties happen. Letting people change their vote after casting it just means we're letting peer pressure or someone going, "Tired of discussing this lets just break the tie by changing my vote." decide the winner, in which case we shouldn't have had the poll at all.

Regarding vote changing, it was a suggestion, but not something ever actually implemented. Otherwise, as Kay put it, void the biju narrowly won. Ironically, it is some of the people who still frequent the forums who are still making a fuss over the biju despite the vote. The ones who didn't come vote in the first place are remaining as silent and unclaimed on the issue as usual.

Since void biju won (yet folks have been denying it ever since it was brought up) I am not going to get too deep into anymore biju topics. I'll throw a bone here and there and keep an eye on the general feel of the threads, but I'm done with the biju personally.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 05:53:21 PM »

Regarding vote changing, it was a suggestion, but not something ever actually implemented. Otherwise, as Kay put it, void the biju narrowly won. Ironically, it is some of the people who still frequent the forums who are still making a fuss over the biju despite the vote. The ones who didn't come vote in the first place are remaining as silent and unclaimed on the issue as usual.

Since void biju won (yet folks have been denying it ever since it was brought up) I am not going to get too deep into anymore biju topics. I'll throw a bone here and there and keep an eye on the general feel of the threads, but I'm done with the biju personally.

I have ZERO issue with people like you voting, someone who has been around and active on the forums during the best and the worst of the Bijuu topics, fights and issues.

But the people who literally crawled out of nowhere, the people with like 20 posts total on the forums, never participated in any Bijuu topics, and never even concerned themselves with them at all were given the opportunity to vote at all. Sure play the, "Fair Democracy" card, but there are rules and regulations that dictate polls that simply weren't followed that should have been discussed before you just up and made a poll that would decide a large part of RP for many individuals, a part of this sites RP that many people have invested a lot of time into, myself and bocc being the most notable at this point, but for two different reasons in two different generations of SL.

Here are some of the voting regulations from my home state, and I will apply them to SL,

•be a resident of California
[[SL: be a resident and regular frequenter of the forums.]]
•be at least 18 years of age at the time of the next election
[[SL: have at been publicly apart of this (#) of bijuu topics before poll]]
•not currently be judged mentally incompetent by a court of law
[[SL: This one I am going to leave alone...]]

You easily could have made a registration thread, where people who think they are qualified for their opinions on this matter to vote could write down their names and if they met the qualifications, then their vote would be counted. If they didn't care enough to go through that process, then their vote should not be counted, and shouldn't have been.

"Hey North Koreans, how bout all of you vote in Mumbai's next presidential election?"

Honestly that is all I got from the entire Poll. And even we should look at Gitsune's vote as irrelevant, someone who doesn't care or isn't active enough to make a forum account for herself, and these are the votes that were allowed to decide the fate of a VERY popular and important subject to a lot of people? You must be joking me.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 06:05:20 PM »

I have ZERO issue with people like you voting, someone who has been around and active on the forums during the best and the worst of the Bijuu topics, fights and issues.

But the people who literally crawled out of nowhere, the people with like 20 posts total on the forums, never participated in any Bijuu topics, and never even concerned themselves with them at all were given the opportunity to vote at all. Sure play the, "Fair Democracy" card, but there are rules and regulations that dictate polls that simply weren't followed that should have been discussed before you just up and made a poll that would decide a large part of RP for many individuals, a part of this sites RP that many people have invested a lot of time into, myself and bocc being the most notable at this point, but for two different reasons in two different generations of SL.

Here are some of the voting regulations from my home state, and I will apply them to SL,

•be a resident of California
[[SL: be a resident and regular frequenter of the forums.]]
•be at least 18 years of age at the time of the next election
[[SL: have at been publicly apart of this (#) of bijuu topics before poll]]
•not currently be judged mentally incompetent by a court of law
[[SL: This one I am going to leave alone...]]

You easily could have made a registration thread, where people who think they are qualified for their opinions on this matter to vote could write down their names and if they met the qualifications, then their vote would be counted. If they didn't care enough to go through that process, then their vote should not be counted, and shouldn't have been.

"Hey North Koreans, how bout all of you vote in Mumbai's next presidential election?"

Honestly that is all I got from the entire Poll. And even we should look at Gitsune's vote as irrelevant, someone who doesn't care or isn't active enough to make a forum account for herself, and these are the votes that were allowed to decide the fate of a VERY popular and important subject to a lot of people? You must be joking me.

For the most part, I completely agree with this. For example, Ratatosk >> He doesn't RP anywhere but in messages, and his vote counted against the Bijuu. I didn't even know he had a forum account until that shit happened xD

People wanted to void the Bijuu so they told people who don't usually do anything to vote, to boost their side more. It's like if I grabbed a bunch of acads, helped them make forum accounts, and then had them all vote in my favor... o.o
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 06:37:13 PM »

Alright, so basically this vote gave people who don't like the bijuu drama an excuse to void them while the people who like the fights and want to capture them keep going. So we will need to find new hosts for the 1,2, and 3 tails then. Ones who want to follow the rules we make, I mean.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 06:59:09 PM »

Alright, so basically this vote gave people who don't like the bijuu drama an excuse to void them while the people who like the fights and want to capture them keep going. So we will need to find new hosts for the 1,2, and 3 tails then. Ones who want to follow the rules we make, I mean.

A Wild Warren appears from the tall grass, or wherever he is that cannot be found by chakra sensing.

But yeah, that is basically what happened, and what needs to happen. >>
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 07:11:37 PM »

I'm around, just haven't seen the need to comment on anything when its obvious we're not gonna agree.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 07:18:41 PM »

Well thank you for taking the initiative to comment on your lack of a comment.

I think we're done here.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 16 queries.