Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Flight Tech Thread????  (Read 3675 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Flight Tech Thread????
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2015, 11:15:22 PM »

The purpose of this topic is spam, hence the board it is in.
And sometimes that is quite fun and to recall things from the past and share them with others.

It was always ok to make up things and work on them and then use them Mei. When did you forget this? I recall we used to have such fun with this long ago. Do not grow up so much that you forget.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2015, 11:44:26 PM »

The purpose of this topic is spam, hence the board it is in.
And sometimes that is quite fun and to recall things from the past and share them with others.

It was always ok to make up things and work on them and then use them Mei. When did you forget this? I recall we used to have such fun with this long ago. Do not grow up so much that you forget.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2015, 11:52:52 PM »

Lol, my post was more 'troll' than 'serious'.

But I'm sure everyone have a list of certain jutsus that they are not fond of and/or anything similar to such. I think they call it a 'void list'.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 03:20:38 AM »

Lol, my post was more 'troll' than 'serious'.

But I'm sure everyone have a list of certain jutsus that they are not fond of and/or anything similar to such. I think they call it a 'void list'.

Why would people void techs that were used so wide spread many time in rp? It is like a spit in the face to the creativity SL has always allowed its members to express. You kill that creativity, and you kill the very essence SL stood for.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 03:28:41 PM »

Why would people void techs that were used so wide spread many time in rp? It is like a spit in the face to the creativity SL has always allowed its members to express. You kill that creativity, and you kill the very essence SL stood for.

To make the RP more interesting and 'fair'.
And I don't know about 'used so wide spread many time in rp'. >.>
And there's no creativity in taking techs from the manga/anime.
So your post is all types of wrong. >.>

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2015, 03:53:47 PM »

Sometimes Mei I think that you lose the context of a conversation by taking it into absolutes rather than just reading it with regards to what is being talked about. Either that or you have developed a liking for just telling people they are wrong to the point that you read from that premise and work toward making this assumption a reality.

To make the RP more interesting and 'fair'. --- personal opinion, not fact. And thus how does this make Kirk all kinds of wrong?

And I don't know about 'used so wide spread many time in rp'. >.> --- looking at all the people listed who have used a flight technique of one kind or another during their rps over the history of this site can be considered wide spread. Again this is how you interpret it and not fact. IS wide spread several instances? Or is wide spread to be considered every other person. So...not fact, but interpretation issue. And thus how does this make Kirk all kinds of wrong?

And there's no creativity in taking techs from the manga/anime.---another interpretation issue. Everything on SL is taken from somewhere. Everytime someone uses an elemental jutsu, it is from the manga. The creativity comes in how you use it. Back on subject, flight techs on SL...which ones came from the manga and are not creative again? See...you confuse me here. All over the place you site manga as book and scripture on how this power won't work that someone uses or that power will not work...arguing tooth and nail over how that is wrong because...here is a link...the bible told me so. And here you seem to be deriding the lack of creativity. How is Kirk all kinds of wrong again because your opinion is different? This is also not fact.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2015, 05:20:53 PM »

Sometimes Mei I think that you lose the context of a conversation by taking it into absolutes rather than just reading it with regards to what is being talked about. Either that or you have developed a liking for just telling people they are wrong to the point that you read from that premise and work toward making this assumption a reality.

To make the RP more interesting and 'fair'. --- personal opinion, not fact. And thus how does this make Kirk all kinds of wrong?

And I don't know about 'used so wide spread many time in rp'. >.> --- looking at all the people listed who have used a flight technique of one kind or another during their rps over the history of this site can be considered wide spread. Again this is how you interpret it and not fact. IS wide spread several instances? Or is wide spread to be considered every other person. So...not fact, but interpretation issue. And thus how does this make Kirk all kinds of wrong?

And there's no creativity in taking techs from the manga/anime.---another interpretation issue. Everything on SL is taken from somewhere. Everytime someone uses an elemental jutsu, it is from the manga. The creativity comes in how you use it. Back on subject, flight techs on SL...which ones came from the manga and are not creative again? See...you confuse me here. All over the place you site manga as book and scripture on how this power won't work that someone uses or that power will not work...arguing tooth and nail over how that is wrong because...here is a link...the bible told me so. And here you seem to be deriding the lack of creativity. How is Kirk all kinds of wrong again because your opinion is different? This is also not fact.

I realized that I did not express myself clearly in my last post.
'To make the RP more interesting and 'fair'. ' - obviously that's my opinion. I did not say it was fact but thank you for reading so deeply into it.

And I don't know about 'used so wide spread many time in rp' -
What I said does not refer to flight technique. I'm talking about other techniques and I'm sure Kirk's was also talking about other techniques also (read his post). It just that I did not bother to list/mention the other techniques that I was referring to, but I'm sure you all have an idea of such.

'And there's no creativity in taking techs from the manga/anime.'
This is something I stand by because I don't understand how one takes something from another source (of the same 'entity') and call that 'creativity'. By definition, creativity is the use of the imagination or original ideas, especially in the production of an artistic work. Are you going to tell me that the dictionary is wrong too? There's only one way to create Fireball jutsu with the only purpose of burning something/someone. You created a custom jutsu? Great, that's creativity to me. >.>

I would count taking a technique from a DIFFERENT manga/anime and make it work in SL as 'creativity' but his post does not imply that. At least to my interpretation of it.
But if you call taking a jutsu from the Naruto series (manga/anime) and using it on SL as creativity, then I guess we have different views on what's considered 'creativity'.
But perhaps we BOTH misunderstood Kirk's post.

My post was not directed at flight technique so I guess I was off-topic.
Overall, I just find it interesting that there were some people you had the ability of flight.
Not in a bad way or a good way, just neutral.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2015, 05:48:11 PM »

I was referring to flight at SL in general. It is wide spread and has been for a long time in many aspects. Hell I use to use it everyday at SL.

And you must remember that people were creative. Many of these Jutsu, skills, or techs were developed way before the cannon flight tech came about in the manga.

There have been many instances where people have made a Jutsu that is similar to something that comes along down the road cannon wise.

Also you spoke of fairness Mei. Well to be straightforward flight itself can place one at a big disadvantage. I would think someone as uourself would be able to contemplate a counter to such a thing.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2015, 05:55:35 PM »

And you must remember that people were creative. Many of these Jutsu, skills, or techs were developed way before the cannon flight tech came about in the manga.

There have been many instances where people have made a Jutsu that is similar to something that comes along down the road cannon wise.

Well that's different from what I said and the viewpoint mentioned.

Since you were talking specifically about flight technique and I was talking about something else, then honestly I feel this discussion is kinda void. >.>

So again, sorry for the off-topic.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2015, 11:14:36 PM »

Well that's different from what I said and the viewpoint mentioned.

Since you were talking specifically about flight technique and I was talking about something else, then honestly I feel this discussion is kinda void. >.>

So again, sorry for the off-topic.

It's quite alright to get off topic. I don't mind it and this is spam section so I figured it allowed the freedom for such.

I believe a good conversation should lead to other ideas and subject so by all means you did nothing wrong Mei.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 17 queries.