Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tailed Beast Hold  (Read 3827 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Tailed Beast Hold
« on: November 01, 2015, 05:18:40 AM »

Due to the differing opinions on what to do with the Tailed Beasts, since some see them as void and others see them as present but having no rules attached to them, I have a suggestion.

Strip all hosts of their beasts and halt all challenges/fights. Then keep it that way until we get some new and updated rules going. This is basically removing them from any play at all. Hosts will get their beasts back once the community is content with the new rules. But this doesn't mean that this will serve as an opportunity to forever put them into limbo, as some would rather have in an attempt to eternally void them.

Of course this would require support from not only community members, but also current hosts to personally lay down their beasts for now so we can progress with the issues at hand. I for one would put mine down for now to get some progression done.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Tailed Beast Hold
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 05:59:21 AM »

I don't see what that accomplishes. We already know who is and isn't accepting challenges.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 06:38:33 AM »

The main reasoning for those who are not accepting is that there are "no rules", and/or they don't see the current old ones as valid. It would be simpler to just strip them if they're not willing to play by the Biju Rules, but that would cause even more of a storm. This can also serve as a push and incentive for more people to contribute to agreeing on some updated rules as well. In the end, I want this to work out for everyone.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 08:40:42 AM »

The main reasoning for those who are not accepting is that there are "no rules", and/or they don't see the current old ones as valid. It would be simpler to just strip them if they're not willing to play by the Biju Rules, but that would cause even more of a storm. This can also serve as a push and incentive for more people to contribute to agreeing on some updated rules as well. In the end, I want this to work out for everyone.

Okay let's say this. The 4-9 tails all decide, yeah, let's go along with what Kage says and strip ourselves, but the less compliant hosts being the 1-3 decide to do as they have recently and given this side of SL the middle finger. Then where are we at? We rally up and finally strip them by force? But if we know it was going to come to that already, why not skip this process and move to that from the start?

This entire post is only going to further beat the proverbial dead horse in that the 1-3 tails are the naughty step-children that should be reprimanded.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 04:43:01 PM »

Why not come halfway with them instead, and actually work on these rules that they've been wanting? I'm sure there are various other members of the community that would like the current rules revamped a bit too, so we can prevent gray areas, run-arounds and loop-holes from being so abused. It is those three things that usually make the challenge and attaining process so much longer than it needs to be.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 05:09:45 PM »

Why not come halfway with them instead, and actually work on these rules that they've been wanting? I'm sure there are various other members of the community that would like the current rules revamped a bit too, so we can prevent gray areas, run-arounds and loop-holes from being so abused. It is those three things that usually make the challenge and attaining process so much longer than it needs to be.

We are. Bocc wrote up a shiny new set of rules @ the Bijuu Workshop. But a whole lotta people are in the mindset, "If we ignore it, it will go away." Like an afraid child pulling a blanket over their heads.

And I do believe you are giving these people that I spoke about in my last post, too much credit, they aren't waiting for the new rules dude. They abused the rules while they were intact, they are using this strange period of 'confusion' to further lock their beasts away.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 05:11:13 PM by Riku »
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 08:36:41 PM »

Okay let's say this. The 4-9 tails all decide, yeah, let's go along with what Kage says and strip ourselves, but the less compliant hosts being the 1-3 decide to do as they have recently and given this side of SL the middle finger. Then where are we at? We rally up and finally strip them by force? But if we know it was going to come to that already, why not skip this process and move to that from the start?

This entire post is only going to further beat the proverbial dead horse in that the 1-3 tails are the naughty step-children that should be reprimanded.

By this logic we could say, that the 4-9 people are the problem, the 1-3 people should strip them and put the bijuu into the hands of those who think like them.

The bully approach is not going to fly here. There is not even any attempting here to help provide a way that both IC and OOC can happen. It's all your way or no way. And that is a huge problem.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 08:38:27 PM »

I wouldn't really agree to this, either way >> As a Jinchuuriki that actively(with a few gray spots) RPs with his beast, in public mind you, I don't see why I need to change up my RP or what is happening in it o.o

So yeah << plus, it wouldn't really accomplish anything.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 08:40:58 PM »

I don't see what that accomplishes. We already know who is and isn't accepting challenges.

We already know who is not handling their beast in an OOC manner. The IC host are playing by RP rules. You just don't happen to want them to do it that way. It does not mean they are cheating or failing in their duties here.

It is time to let a little freedom enter this issue here by providing for both ways of being a host. It is time to stop throwing around insults as well whenever someone doesn't see things your way.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 08:44:13 PM »

We are. Bocc wrote up a shiny new set of rules @ the Bijuu Workshop. But a whole lotta people are in the mindset, "If we ignore it, it will go away." Like an afraid child pulling a blanket over their heads.

And I do believe you are giving these people that I spoke about in my last post, too much credit, they aren't waiting for the new rules dude. They abused the rules while they were intact, they are using this strange period of 'confusion' to further lock their beasts away.

Bocc wrote up a shiny new set of rules that excludes any of the things that the IC hosts want to include. This is hardly a solution. It is just more, do it like I said or we will strip you of your beast and cast you aside.

And say it however you want to, the truth remains that you do not have the power to do that to them no matter how loud and offensively you speak about it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 08:45:55 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 09:25:48 PM »

Bocc wrote up a shiny new set of rules that excludes any of the things that the IC hosts want to include. This is hardly a solution. It is just more, do it like I said or we will strip you of your beast and cast you aside.

And say it however you want to, the truth remains that you do not have the power to do that to them no matter how loud and offensively you speak about it.

Tell me Kay, what is it that us IC hosts would like to do? O: because I know I like people finding me IC, and we go from there. But I also don't try to hide my beast or tell anyone I won't fight them for it o.o

Plus, what other IC hosts? Technically all nine Jinchuuriki are IC hosts because otherwise they wouldn't have a beast to be hunted down for o.o
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2015, 09:45:24 PM »

It is the community that grants the power of the Tailed Beasts in the first place.

Someone can say that they're automatically born as the Ten-Tail's host all they want. But if nobody actually sees them as that, then they're just wasting their breath. The mods and game masters of SL have little to no authority over the way people RP on the site, except for in cases where site rules are broken. From this, it is also the community that performs the enforcement of the rules. But we have to remember that we have to do this by due process.

I am merely proposing to the community a Demilitarized Zone for now when concerning the current Tailed Beast issues. It is their decision on whether or not it goes through.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2015, 10:30:45 PM »

Tell me Kay, what is it that us IC hosts would like to do? O: because I know I like people finding me IC, and we go from there. But I also don't try to hide my beast or tell anyone I won't fight them for it o.o

Plus, what other IC hosts? Technically all nine Jinchuuriki are IC hosts because otherwise they wouldn't have a beast to be hunted down for o.o

Really? Cause your preferences says you want it OOC

Current Host: Athos

Affiliation: Uzushiogakure, Uzumaki Clan.

Preferred method: 1v1 OOC Deathmatch

Current Six Tails Challengers: None.

Special Conditions

-The match is OOC unless otherwise agreed upon.

-If the match is IC, it will be, what people refer to it as, "staggered IC". That meaning we can rp whilst the match happens, but the end result of the match will still occur IC. Once a victor is decided the Jinchuriki and Challenger then finish whatever rp they are in and immediately post going to begin the fight, so that is when it happens chronologically. If you manage to get yourself killed before the fight happens it will be voided, but I'm not forcing you to rp elsewhere during the fight.

-Once a judge is agreed upon, either before the fight starts or the first time a decision is needed, they are the judge for the rest of the fight.

-The Challenger and Jinchuriki each have a one time ability to boot a judge. If the agreed upon judge makes a decision just so despicable that you need to get a new one you can say that after this decision you are requesting a new judge. Each participant can do this ONCE, and NOT while a decision is being made. Once a new judge is picked they are the set judge for the rest of the fight, or until the remaining boot is used on them.

-Resets are to be used for Kekkei Genkai, though one "elemental" KG i.e Ice Release, Magnet Release, whatever Release can be used for "Free". Any of them except for Mokuton.

-You cannot borrow techniques from your friends like Dust Release or Hirashin. You can only use what abilities and tools you have In-Character during the fight, even if it's OOC.

-If you take 14 days to post, the fight will be called off and you will be declared the loser. Note that the timer does not reset if you posted once and then have to repost. I.e. You waited a week to post, but your post was all godmodding and autohitting, and then waited 8 days to repost, then you still lose.

-Everyone gets ONE repost only.

Non-Negotiable Voids

-Swift Release
- Izanami
- Any of the recent Rikudou powered abilities 
- Body Revival Technique (If used to survive opening the 8th Gate. That was made before we knew what the 8th Gate does, regeneration does not let you tank disintegrating into ash.)
- Uchiha Return
-Hijutsu: Kirisame

**Rules and Void list subject to change**

Guess you should update that.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2015, 12:01:13 AM »

Kay I'm not trying to bully anyone. I don't want the ic rules because they cause nothing but troubles. Remember how we had just ic hints for a while and they were awful? Literally every challenge under that ic system failed and went back to an ooc 1v1 fight except the one I did with oto and I think one other I did.

I'm not saying warren eiko and gitsune are bad hosts but if they all want ic fights and every time someone challenges them there is an issue that comes up then maybe the ic hunt is the problem because as it stands the rules are way too lax in regards to how hard they want to make it to find them. There is really no accountability.

If we can make the ic hunts work and have some sort of basic outline in place for standards of operations as the hunter and prey than that's fine. As they stand now they're trash though.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2015, 01:26:42 AM »

I am glad that you are not trying to bully anyone. That is the first thing said here that gives me hope that an agreement can be achieved of some sort. Then the issue of just declaring IC hunts void should be dropped by virtue of some of the hosts wishing to go this route.

One might consider who the hunters are in such situations and their ability to be reasonable when dealing with the issue of IC hunts rather than just blaming everything upon the hosts when things break down. Behavior goes a long way into making the willingness to deal with such people impossible. No one wants to be name called, cursed, face racial slurs, or be accused of being unethical. I have tried in the past to make sportsmanlike behavior a huge factor in suitability to even participate in such events. Everyone knows that when objections have been raised over how they are being treated then this is the sort of abuse they have had to contend with.

I feel it is counterproductive to keep dwelling on the past, however. he did this, she said that, they wouldn't give me what I wanted, let's strip them!!! And everyone grabs a pitch fork and stands off.

I suggest a clean slate and let's just start from today. Be willing to give people a chance to let these things work. Discuss things rationally and politely among yourselves when you are having encounters. And don't insist upon getting your way with everything every time. Because frankly, those kinds of things don't even happen in your own dreams. Do not expect it here.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 16 queries.