Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Shinobi Legends Profile Wikipedia  (Read 5731 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Shinobi Legends Profile Wikipedia
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 04:56:33 AM »

Adoption of Yumei's profiles would be cool. And why not have Kamui do that? So much easier.
I took today off, been trying to move Suna village pages over and it is taking forever. Have to finish a commissioned avatar this week. Hopefully tonight!

anyway...I vote for adoption!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 05:22:23 AM »

Adoption of Yumei's profiles would be cool. And why not have Kamui do that? So much easier.
I took today off, been trying to move Suna village pages over and it is taking forever. Have to finish a commissioned avatar this week. Hopefully tonight!

anyway...I vote for adoption!

You should chime in on the profile wiki page I linked then. The wiki overlords want there to be a discussion about who admin rights should go to if there is more than one active person on the wiki.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 06:41:16 AM »

The wiki always gave me a headache and seemed pointless. I tried to use it but never could really get into it. Plus it always gave my phone trouble trying to load. However, I do wish you guys luck in figuring this out. It is infact a big part of many rpers here at SL so I'm glad it is being adressed.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 06:49:40 AM »

However, I do wish you guys luck in figuring this out. It is infact a big part of many rpers here at SL so I'm glad it is being adressed.

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with it right now other than the fact that it is completely the Wild West. If a few staff members could enforce basic behavior there would be no issue. 

Kamui is right that something needed to be done about it, I just thought making a whole new wiki from scratch was a lot of work that did not need to be done. Which is what lead me to investigate whether someone else could become admin of an inactive wiki. So within a few weeks this should all be settled.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2015, 07:18:53 AM »

so I posted to the wikia thread. If we can keep it and get an unbiased admin, I am for it. If not...let's get over it or jump ship. whatever. At this point I just want it over.

I posted I feel the only page locked should be the claimed list and/or bijuu list...people can submit their requests to those pages in comments/discussions to have the Admin edit in. If there is a discrepancy then it can be dealt with in a civil manner though discussion before a decision is made on the request. I feel all other access on the wikia should remain open to everyone.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2015, 07:44:14 AM »

I feel like this is just going to be us repeating what we said on the wiki topic. >.>

I agree that the bijuu list should be locked for staff only. Just nip that in the bud.

Have the claims really caused similar fighting though? I only remember that happening a couple times.

I suppose we'll see if other people think that should be locked too. Personally I'd say no as it is edited with much more frequency than the bijuu list.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2015, 07:50:38 AM »

It would be nice if there's some kind of 'tutorial/guide' in setting up your profile in those wikia pages.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2015, 07:53:27 AM »

It would be nice if there's some kind of 'tutorial/guide' in setting up your profile in those wikia pages.

I vaguely remember some kind of sample bio page existing for people to learn with but I dont think it is very openly displayed. It might be linked off Yumei's profile or something, or on the forum of the wiki.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2015, 07:56:39 AM »

Choose to transfer --> Kamui as Admin
Choose to adopt --> Kamui as Admin

;)

Makes it easier for communication from a staff perspective. <.<

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2015, 08:11:21 AM »

Choose to transfer --> Kamui as Admin
Choose to adopt --> Kamui as Admin

;)

Makes it easier for communication from a staff perspective. <.<

I'd have to agree with Sabumaru's post on the wiki and say that asking Kamui to be a mod on SL and on the forum and an Admin on the wiki is really just asking him to spread himself too thin. Definitely burning the candle on both ends.

That's why I was one of the people to humbly offer to be admin. We can only ask the good staff on SL to do so much for us. Having a separate set of staff just for the wiki would be much more effective, in my opinion.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2015, 08:15:23 AM »

Well, it is not like Kamui is the only mod here on the forum, and with the biju issues settling down there has been less to moderate as of late. Additionally, there is a possibility of there being more than one mod for the wikia, so him being one of the mods does not seem like an excessive load. Him being the only one, though, does seem like quite the work.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2015, 08:18:53 AM »

Well, it is not like Kamui is the only mod here on the forum, and with the biju issues settling down there has been less to moderate as of late. Additionally, there is a possibility of there being more than one mod for the wikia, so him being one of the mods does not seem like an excessive load. Him being the only one, though, does seem like quite the work.

Certainly true. Currently myself and three others have offered to be admin. So it does not seem unreasonable that whichever are not picked to be admin could be moderators. 4 staff members doesn't seem like an excessive number to me.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2015, 01:26:39 PM »

I would assume that Kamui making his own Wikia and bringing this project into consideration would mean he feels he can serve in both capacities as a wikia admin and SL mod. I don't know the availability he has with respect to time and how much is too much. I would prefer there be several mods though as to aid in upkeep and to serve as people who are willing to devote their time to helping others about the wikia.

It makes sense to me though that the claimed page be excluded from locking if it is not where our current issue lies.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2015, 02:00:30 PM »

To my understanding this is a time sensitive issue. Please go out and inform people to comment so that we get enough votes going on there for the Wikia People to make a Decision on on the adoption issue for a new admin. Considering the number of contributors on the wikia, I assume that a large number of voters is required in order to be awarded a new Admin, whoever wins the vote.

please include this link in your spamming of the SL community.

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:15168

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2015, 02:17:57 AM »

Here's a few things to consider.

As we know, the profile wiki has always been the unofficial but popular wiki site to create profiles from existing templates, or even brand new ones. But if this becomes acknowledged as the site's official wiki, what comes with that? Consequences of harassment or banning come to mind at first. Like, if someone is temp banned or permanently banned on the SL and/or forums, would they be banned from the wiki as well? I understand that access to one's intellectual property could become an issue if they can never access it.

Also, do we have anybody that is proficient at not only coding with HTML and Wikitext, but also image editing as well? Knowledge of both are also a required skill for editing SVG files. A an open-source program like Inkscape helps with that if you can't afford Adobe Illustrator, and it's available for Windows, Mac and GNU/Linux distributions. But even that program takes a bit of practice to use.

https://inkscape.org/en/

There's also the hound-dogging we'll have to do to ensure that all pages that have been copy+pasted from the Naruto Wiki are tagged accordingly to acknowledge their original contribution source, since we almost got into a bit of trouble a while back because we weren't before. That's why the <AN> tag was made. The copyright and legal stuff gets pretty deep in certain cases such as images used from the manga, anime and other official productions from the copyright holders. Especially with the TPP having been a very hot topic in which it can actually influence whether or not we could use them, or even have a wiki at all. We would have to be kept on our toes on any sort of DMCA notifications the Naruto Wiki receives, since that can also apply to us as well. Jimmy Wales can only rely on the current copyright and fair-use laws so much.

I'm not trying to sound skeptical, but Yumei had to learn a lot to make the wiki how it is in the first place. We've only been thinking about how great it would be to be in control of it, but we've been glossing over the responsibilities of running it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries.