Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Shinobi Legends Profile Wikipedia  (Read 5671 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Shinobi Legends Profile Wikipedia
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2015, 02:26:58 AM »

I hope you posted that to the wikia thread discussion on adoption.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2015, 02:46:33 AM »

Kamui:

quoted from the wikia
Gamemasters and their Lead Gamemaster are going to be the ones in charge of moderating the role plays aspect of the game itself.

What does this mean?

I would have posted this in the GM thread I made but it was merged with the one that is supposed to be just for making nominations...and the other one is locked. Discussing that on the wikia discussion seemed off topic.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2015, 11:30:46 AM »

I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but I think adoption of the old wiki site would be best. Personally, I don't agree with the 'having one person in charge from each village' idea because as of late I've been extremely busy with work and haven't really been able to visit here as much as I used to be able to. So if I were the person in charge, for example, that means that in the days I'm gone because of life reasons could be days that people are waiting for things to get approved.

I don't think an approval should be necessary to post something, but there should be a group of people who are looking through as an after-the-fact kind of thing just to make sure nothing's wrong and to see if there's any changes that require attention (like when people delete whole pages and ask mods to remove said page).

And while I agree with the fact that older pages that haven't been touched with barely any information should be possibly pruned. I'll post some examples I find just by doing random page.
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Matt_Ito - Last update June 2014
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Something_or_other - August 2012
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Kaizer - July 2014
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Kaizu_Ankoku - March 2013
Pages like that don't really offer much at all as far as information goes and seem to be just forgotten by people who used to be here. That's why I think that once something is decided and someone might get put in charge of the wiki, they can go through and tidy it up. I'm sure many of the 3099 pages that are there right now don't need to be there.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2015, 01:31:07 AM »

I think that the only one that I see which holds no information at all is the 'Something or Other'. We have no real Idea is the owners of those other pages find them useful or the people that they used to hand with do either. And such judgments should be avoided as their existing and being left alone really hurts no one.

what I feel would be useful is an index. I want to click Suna Warriors and see a page with the names of all of them listed in ABS order. No a search that lists each name and page separately.

like this...
http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Men

narutopedia used to have them for jutsu and things but a quick search just now reveled those lists no longer exist for some reason, i keep getting redirected to special pages which is less than useful.

But a table of contents or something?

--> holy cow. I think I might need glasses or a key board where the printed letters are not all worn off.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:47:23 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2015, 12:04:06 AM »

*gets 50 emails from the wiki for "Kayenta modified this page"* >>;

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2015, 02:07:34 AM »

Well?
I had time on my hands and in 2 days Yomi and I added tags to all the character bios for male and female.

I only screwed up twice. Do you think Angra Mainyu will be upset with me for listing him as female?

And this is why I should not be the Admin. But when we get one they can fix it, right?

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2015, 08:22:16 AM »

I had no idea the wiki was essentially unmanned this whole time. Kinda impressive it's not totally messed up, honestly.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.