Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Stripping Hagoromo Gitsune of the Two tailed beast  (Read 7166 times)

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Stripping Hagoromo Gitsune of the Two tailed beast
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2015, 04:16:23 PM »

Why isn't this locked already? This all's going beyond the purpose of the thread, especially when solution was found.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2015, 05:37:20 PM »

No one is forcing anyone to post, please oh please. xD
Let the topic simply die off- yes, it is that easy. It has worked before. And just as my post serves little purpose to the actual topic (I only give out lectures now-a-days), let's think about how we are contributing to any topic we post in. =)

Judging by how no one has been harmed, I think people have to take a step back and understand this is a game- have fun! :D

My goodness, it's almost as if people are forced to post, and then complain about posting. :O

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2015, 05:56:34 PM »

Ignoring a problem is never a solution. (See: Real life)

On one side, there are people that want to continue RPing with the Tailed Beasts and want rules, old or new, to be played on with them.

On the other, there are those who believe they are void, but insist upon securing their claims. Why worry about keeping a claim that you yourself do not see valid in the first place?

If the beasts truly are void, then I might as well clear out the following:
- SL Official Bijū Guidelines/Rules and Current In-game Jinchūriki
- Bijuu Challenge Preferences and Challenge listings
- Tailed Beasts page on the wiki
- All pages pertaining to each individual Tailed Beasts

Heck, maybe even delete the entire Bijuu Arena sub-board.

But this is clearly not the case. People on both sides obviously do want to RP with the beasts. It's just that there are complications and personal interests that are keeping everyone from actually discussing a solution. What's even worse is that there are people on both sides that claim to have the higher moral ground in their reasoning, when both have really become two evils that you have to choose between.

I had to explain the above before giving my opinion on the stripping. One side believes they have the authority to do so, while the other doesn't believe so. The root authority that gives any sort of implication of giving someone the right to strip comes from the SL Official Bijū Guidelines/Rules and Current In-game Jinchūriki. But one side doesn't believe the latter half of that thread which explains the rules exists, while depending on the upper half of it to validate their claims of the beast in the first place.

I emphasized on the SL Official part for a more dire reason that should be brought up in another thread. But a host/summoner is always subject to the rules that come with the Tailed Beast they own. As much as I would love to just coat whatever beast I have with Susanoo and just tear apart anything that comes in my way, the rules say I cannot do so.

If you don't believe in the rules, then stop playing with a Tailed Beast.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2015, 06:03:33 PM »

Ignoring the problem is the ONLY thing possible. None of you agree on anything. The Bijuu, the Ame debacle, proper RP, etc. If we allowed all of you to discuss this most of you wouldn't endeavor to do so seriously, and thus Ace would be handing out bans for days because you guys cannot and refuse to agree on a text based GAME. >_>

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2015, 06:45:59 PM »

Ignoring the problem is the ONLY thing possible. None of you agree on anything. The Bijuu, the Ame debacle, proper RP, etc. If we allowed all of you to discuss this most of you wouldn't endeavor to do so seriously, and thus Ace would be handing out bans for days because you guys cannot and refuse to agree on a text based GAME. >_>

What you believe this game to be is completely and utterly irrelevant. To some people, the bijuu are still a major driving force for RP, and as a mod you have no right to stagnate RP, none of us do, and frankly this is the type of argument that stagnates RP, and should be kept silent.

I for one think more of this game than 'text based GAME.', and I am sure some of the more vehement Rp'ers will agree that it has evolved into something further than that, and your most apparent apathy should be kept to yourself because it isn't treating the underlying issue, only the symptoms.

For once in a long while, I truly agree with Kage here.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2015, 06:48:32 PM »

Kiri is just being rude for no reason was my issue. We posted 5 days ago and no one will respond to us. Gitsune made a big post and couldn't even acknowledge us with an npc or something.

If you want to rp with a bijuu but aren't accepting challenges/following the rules then you get taken off the list of jinchuriki. Change the name from official jinchuriki to available/fighting jinchuriki or something.

The people who want bijuu with bijuu rules appoint a new host, you continue to rp whatever you want, we stop bothering each other.

@Warren: me saying these are the new rules was supposed to be a joke by the by.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2015, 07:01:24 PM »

Actually I really want to talk about this but honestly I think Eiko/Court may need to be stripped as well because her profile has been reading as such (" Private RP Status: Unavailable; Public RP Status: Unavailable (Kirigakure)") for like weeks. I remember Yujo pointing out that she has not posted any RP updates in weeks. Like seriously why do you people even have bijuus if you have no intention of defending them?

The way I see it is someone challenges a jinchuuriki and their response is something like...."Why are you messaging me? The bijuus has been voided." That response makes no sense.

In regards to amending of the rules, the jinchuurikis SHOULD be following the old rules UNTIL they are officially amended. When it comes to updating rules, every organization would advise you to follow the old rules until the new rules are officially out or until a certain date when the new rules take into effect. That is like a no-brainer and common practice. Saying something like "the bijuu are voided, there is no rules" is inexcusable. And even someone like Xia, a Kage, did this, which is sad.

I dont like the splitting of the bijuus either because there is always a chance that both jinchuuriki of the same bijuu will be MIA or starting acting up too. Then what? Tell the person to claim a piece of the bijuu too? Yay, now 3 people claiming the same bijuu. -_-

We have a thread / page that shows who are the current / active jinchuurikis. Can we please update that? That way it is legit. If your name is not on it, you should / will not be recognized as a jinchuuriki. That simple.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2015, 07:12:13 PM »

Thank you Mei. I really do think it's that simple.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2015, 07:16:01 PM »

So I am basically just going to continue the trend of having two of the same Biju I guess. While it's not my favorite route, it seems to be the only one that works in SL's current dark age.

Honestly, you need to speak up on the Biju workshop if you are so against how things are working. What is the point of complaining about something you have no intentions of changing? Bocc and Kayenta both put forth extraordinary effort in trying to re-work the rules, and most of you made no effort to input your objections. Seeing that no one objected, we figured everyone agreed to them. That's what happens when you don't speak up about something.

How about instead of chastising the ones who are trying to keep things going, you make an effort to post on that topic and voice your opinions on the rules that have been posted. If you can't even manage that, then stay off the topics that involve those rules. It's really simple.

And Mei, a majority of the people who are creating the second Biju, are the ones who wish wholeheartedly to follow the old rules, or the new ones. In reality, if we broke those rules there would be no objection to our stripping.

Well, perhaps a bit of objection but that would probably just be us arguing our case. Nonetheless there should be absolutely no reason for there to be 3 beasts, ever. Of course I think that's how we thought about having two beasts so take that as you will. 

Here is a politically incorrect, misogynistic and facetious quote I like to make to my friends that fits this situation pretty well; "Silence is consent."   
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:18:51 PM by Rusaku »
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2015, 07:35:29 PM »

Alrighty.
I'm going to hold private talks now (anyone may do this, fyi), not public. Clearly public talks have not worked, and our goal should be to work together for the sake of all members! :D

We have two groups.
A) Those who want it all void
B) Those who want to reform

Hosts: We have some simply being, *coughs*... providing excuses to challengers (yes, they are excuses). Some remain silent, do not contribute, and then complain. Oh no, time to grow up. I prefer dealing with leaders, not followers.

Challengers: Again, same problem as above.

@Bocc, as of right now, you do not have the community behind you to do as you like = tough luck. Yes, hard for me to say, but let's be blunt now. **It's not Kiri's fault, blame your colleagues and fellow members.** ;)

@Whoever said this
No, those who want the Bijuu to be voided can still be included in talks. They may actually want to participate in the future, and should have a say now. That is how a functioning society works (send me a pm and I'll provide examples). As you can see, the people who want to reform the rules aren't really leading. =)

One of the biggest problems right now is that those who actually want to play with the Bijuu are being stonewalled by hosts because *some* simply are now saying, there are no rules, I follow nothing. And then we have challengers who play the same damn tune over and over and over and over again, expecting results. If everyone tells me all these conversations were not in serious nature, I will be grateful ('cause we are going in circles, have you not seen it yet?). xD

That being said, it's alright! No seriously, it's alright!  8)

To make progress, let us think in terms of a democracy and politically. You need to start over again.
Have involved influential members, new members who you think will role play, and old members who have something to contribute. Start a collation, and work from there. Once you all have a foundation, grow it. And for others to be recognized, they will have to follow the rules set by you all! If they still wish not to participate, that is alright! :D

I'm simply receiving more and more messages of frustration and defeat. And we all understand that, I'm sure most of you feeling the same way. And again...that is alright! That is exactly how progress is made.

In the end, for those who remain silent and do not contribute, but then complain and hinder progress... yes, tough luck. Yes, I know it may be tough for some to speak up because they may feel intimidated and such. Never feel that way. Some of us are one message away- message me anytime, and I'l have your back. ;)

-------------------------------------------
No, there is no TL;DR statement- read it and then post, or have me call you out, hahaha.

I'll have talks in my dwelling, I'll hand out keys. Again, anyone can do this. I think I'll try now. :)
For anyone who wants to take part, send me an **IN-GAME**  message, you are not guaranteed a key though. Reason being, I will try to have it balanced.

-------------------------------------------
No more complaining now. ;)
You don't have to post here, message me, etc...
So don't act like you are being forced into this conversation either. It's time for progress, and if you can't jive, get off the dance floor. :P
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:39:03 PM by Ace »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2015, 07:43:18 PM »

You summed it up well ace. Though I do not think Kiri is the source of the problem I do think their stonewalling as you put it is part of it.

I tried to give the rules workshop a shot in the arm by proposing the whole set of rules for people to work off of and discuss but that only worked for a very short time. Hoping your idea will be more fruitful.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2015, 09:52:25 PM »

I've contributed a lot to the SL bijuu community. Yet even with that fact I stopped partaking in most topics of it a few months back. The reason is this topic and others.

You want us to progress forward. We have been at this for years. Literal years in the measurement of time. I know you aren't asking for everyone to agree on the same thing, but you do seem to want most of us to reach an agreed upon foundation. If after years of the same thing with mostly the same and some different people we still haven't made a foundation that is followed I don't see it happening. I'm not a pessimistic person in the grand scheme. In fact I'm a highly optimistic person when I'm not being a sarcastic person and actually being truthful.

I planned on making this longer than most college essays, but I'm going to stop myself ahead of time now.

In the end I don't see a consensus happening and even if it does it will only be temporary until someone wants to change it. (That's what happened with the current rules and those before them)

This 'game' isn't going to change. It will stay the same. Right now it's been very skewered and will in time be fixed back to temporary rules. That's all it will be. A temporary foundation that is rebuilt every few months/years.

TL;DR
Too many opinions that don't want to come to a compromise; keep a compromise if one is made.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2015, 10:38:02 PM »

How about you guys just RP having a bijuu. If they don't respond after pming them after awhile, just claim it. What are they going to do, fight you? lol.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2015, 11:24:07 PM »

How about you guys just RP having a bijuu. If they don't respond after pming them after awhile, just claim it. What are they going to do, fight you? lol.

xD Make my life difficult by giving me exactly what I want. That's some seriously interesting reverse psychology.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2015, 06:48:04 PM »

This can be locked.

-Jeffrey dahmer
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 2.058 seconds with 20 queries.