Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bijuu Council Rules (MAIN THREAD!)  (Read 5013 times)

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Bijuu Council Rules (MAIN THREAD!)
« on: December 04, 2015, 12:39:18 AM »

Hooray! Nah, but seriously I propose we use this topic to discuss if there should actually be one since not everyone has given their input on whether or not it should be. If you all agree then we should move to the exact number -- seemed like 3 was the popular vote -- and then once those are out of the way we can work out the actual conditions for being a council member.

Essentially I'm saying we should use this topic to discuss the rules, conditions, etc. of a council if the topic didn't give that away. We can make other topics for nominations and the like once we have the finer details -- such as the rules -- ironed out; albeit, that's assuming if everyone actually wants a council, but that's what this topic is for! :D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:31:11 AM by Ace »

Ace

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu Council! (Rules)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 12:43:05 AM »

Yes, and I agree with *three*.
I am also satisfied with *five.*

My vote will go to the majority, three or five that is.

The rules... let's see what others have to say. I might just build about them. :P

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 12:50:31 AM »

• I prefer the number 5 for a council. It permits a wider view to be represented so the council will not me prone to holding to one thought/bias on how the bijuu rules should be handled and interpreted.
  • I like the notion of prior hosts being council members.
  • Current hosts being ineligible.
  • If a current council member wants to go bijuu hunting they should step down and a replacement should be installed prior to going on the hunt/challenger for their beast.
  • I am ambivalent on how the members are chosen, either by community vote or appointment.
  • I don't feel staff members should be on the council, for this is an RP issue and I believe Neji doesn't want staff meddling there.

as to council rules;
  • If a council member is shown to be biased or no longer participating in council business, they should be replaced.
  • Length of service? 6 months?
  • I propose a warning for first offense of all infractions of breaking the bijuu rules except the inactivity clause. Stripping a host should not be the 'go to solution' for everything. Mistakes will be made.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 01:06:57 AM »

• I prefer the number 5 for a council. It permits a wider view to be represented so the council will not me prone to holding to one thought/bias on how the bijuu rules should be handled and interpreted.
  • I like the notion of prior hosts being council members.
  • Current hosts being ineligible.
  • If a current council member wants to go bijuu hunting they should step down and a replacement should be installed prior to going on the hunt/challenger for their beast.
  • I am ambivalent on how the members are chosen, either by community vote or appointment.
  • I don't feel staff members should be on the council, for this is an RP issue and I believe Neji doesn't want staff meddling there.

as to council rules;
  • If a council member is shown to be biased or no longer participating in council business, they should be replaced.
  • I propose a warning for first offense of all infractions of breaking the bijuu rules except the inactivity clause. Stripping a host should not be the 'go to solution' for everything. Mistakes will be made.
Alright, so, if current hosts and staff members are ineligible (Which should be reviewed), and being a host previously is a prerequisite, then I'd honestly like to see if anyone can put down a list of 5 names that meet that criteria.

I sure as hell can't.

1: Eric?
2-5 ???

Also, not sure if this was already spoken about in the dwelling (Because that became a cluster-fu**), but why aren't current hosts eligible to be apart of this council? We are the ones who will be affected by at least 50% of the rules placed down, and if that is the case, I personally would like to have a few of us as representatives. Not all 5 obvs, but like two >> Like Senators. Elected by the Hosts, for the hosts.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:12:01 AM by Riku »
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 01:17:12 AM »

I have been reading the discussion in Ace's dwelling from start to finish.
I have a few comments but I will only mention those that relate to the idea of having a bijuu council.

There's always a need for a council. However, I personally think it's okay for a council member to be a judge also because the responsibilities of those 2 positions are different. Even if the participants disagree with the judge (who happens to be a council member), the most likely case is getting a 2nd opinion from a different judge. In the end, the council as a group would not get involved with such matters.

Council - enforce bijuu rules
Judge - oversees the match and make decisions, if called upon.
Both positions require to be unbiased anyway.

I also prefer the number 5 for council. As Nathan mentioned in the dwelling, having a council who was a previous may be a preference but definitely not mandatory.

I'm okay with giving a warning for first offense but only ONE warning and it needs to be noted/recorded somewhere in the event that the host decided to do that again.
However, that means the host in question would need to comply within certain amount of days.

For example, if you give them a warning for not posting within the 2 week mark. How many days would give the person to do so? 3 days?

And I think the 'one warning' rule should apply to only NEW people that have never been a jink/own a bijuu before. Experienced hosts should know better.

Also, not sure if this was already spoken about in the dwelling (Because that became a cluster-fu**), but why aren't current hosts eligible to be apart of this council? We are the ones who will be affected by at least 50% of the rules placed down, and if that is the case, I personally would like to have a few of us as representatives. Not all 5 obvs, but like two >> Like Senators. Elected by the Hosts, for the hosts.

Because there may come a situation where it's a conflict of interest. Like a situation may come where the host did something wrong that the council has to make a decision on. However that host is also a member of the council, so obviously that person is going to vote in his/her own favor. >.>

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 01:36:53 AM »

@Mei
Thats why we only have a select few who are Hosts and on the council. That way, if there is a conflict of interest, there would still be three other members who could counterbalance the bias with their own votes. Should they agree with the host though, then obviously they are in the right.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 01:39:36 AM »

The issue with having current hosts as part of the council is policing yourself. If that worked out without creating a huge hassel, then our talks here over bijuu would never have occurred.

Bias...it happens, let's not go there?
I also like the idea of judges and council members being separate for the same reason. This would also free participants to pick a judge from anywhere...other than a council member. I think it should just be someone they agree upon, and judges should stick to enforcing the rules, not taking a hand in deciding a match outcome.

names of prior hosts. most inactive:

Eric
Kirk
Kayenta
Zenaku
Isaribi
CJ
Xia
Tetsujin
Raifudo
Hades
Shadow
Ōshō-Kiba
Luka
Shinro

so...maybe some people who were never hosts will have to be considered. But they should at least be RPers who are active with a sense of how things go.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 01:55:41 AM »

The issue with having current hosts as part of the council is policing yourself. If that worked out without creating a huge hassel, then our talks here over bijuu would never have occurred.

Bias...it happens, let's not go there?
I also like the idea of judges and council members being separate for the same reason. This would also free participants to pick a judge from anywhere...other than a council member. I think it should just be someone they agree upon, and judges should stick to enforcing the rules, not taking a hand in deciding a match outcome.

names of prior hosts. most inactive:

Eric
Kirk
Kayenta
Zenaku
Isaribi
CJ
Xia
Tetsujin
Raifudo
Hades
Shadow
Ōshō-Kiba
Luka
Shinro

so...maybe some people who were never hosts will have to be considered. But they should at least be RPers who are active with a sense of how things go.

Nobody is completely unbiased (Minus Ace, and people who honestly don't care). There wouldn't be a single person nominated that would receive a unanimous vote, it just wouldn't happen, and frankly if I don't push for hosts to have a place within the council, then you guys are gonna nominate yourselves, vote for yourselves, then we are gonna have a council of people who are completely jaded anyway. >>
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 01:58:16 AM »

Staff should still be considered to be on the council.

I will continue to say say until it is realize, staff members are first and foremost *MEMBERS*.
Next, 6 months is way to long. Take it down to 3, my suggestion.

as to council rules;
Too vague. I'm sure you realize by now, being bias will be subjective to each person's view. Then you'll have 100 other useless topics discussing if the person was really bias, with people taking each sides.

So no, again.

And, yes, I am bias as well. We all are. There are ways to minimize that though Riku. ;)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 02:04:19 AM »

Riku...you are one of us. So there is not 'yourselves' here that does not include you. We have hosts working on this issue from the get go.

I just feel that when it comes to enforcing the rules...that we...and that includes hosts...create, then a host should stay out of it. The council will not be making rules. We do that. And that includes hosts.

You feel differently. We are here to decide, not push things on people, but agree.

@ Ace; I figured those were just starter rules for the council and would be further discussed. They will need to be well thought out and worded properly upon final draft and such. As for staff on council, you are the one who was always telling me that staff is supposed to be hands off RP things. So...if you don't feel it is an issue in the case of bijuu council then...I don't care.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 02:06:27 AM »

@ Ace; I figured those were just starter rules for the council and would be further discussed. They will need to be well thought out and worded properly upon final draft and such. As for staff on council, you are the one who was always telling me that staff is supposed to be hands off RP things. So...if you don't feel it is an issue in the case of bijuu council then...I don't care.

Yes, Staff should be hands off in terms of enforcement through their *staff abilities.*
I think you have been misunderstanding most of my statements....

Clearly, staff may operate without their abilities in role play as Kamui continues to display. ;)

Clear now I hope? =)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 02:08:36 AM by Ace »

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 02:29:40 AM »

Pov issues still should not excuse them from being accused of bias, because history's shown it can be really obvious sometimes. Who's to say one person won't for example pull such nonsense that whole rest of council will notice and point it out immediately?

And for that reason exactly hosts and fight judges should be kept off the council. It doesn't fully eliminate the potential for bias, but its still the least amount of potential BS, conflicting interests and the like, that we can get as things are.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 02:42:22 AM »

I absolutely agree current hosts should not be on the council. I don't think there's any question about that. I could go either way with them being able to be judges for fights since it would be kind of unfortunate to not be able to use three really knowledgeable people for a fight decision.

I'm still thinking 3 people since as Kay pointed out there are not too many people who fit the bill. We could open it up to more people but I'd still want to keep it at 3.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 02:53:30 AM »

A council, or some group that will actually enforce the rules, should definitely be in place. They must be respected enough that they can actually exercise their authority, but not so high on a pedestal that we have Neji himself as the only higher power. I feel that they should not be explicit judges, but should have the ability to fill that role if necessary.

As Ace said, staff members are still members. Using their mod powers in the role of a player is strictly forbidden, but with all the new nominations for GMs, if staff members were to be completely omitted along with the other conditions (not current or former host), then there is hardly anyone left to fill 3 let alone 5 slots that I can think of.

I think the only conditions should be that the Council member not be a current host nor a village head of a current host.

Now read me out before you start scratching your head in wonder at the suggestion. Among the most obvious bias will be village heads who think that they own the tailed beast and should be heavily invested in keeping it in the village by all means, OOC and otherwise. Some will be better than others of keeping the two things separate, but village-matess have a tendency to RP simillarly, or at least have similar ideas on how RP is conducted. Without an official, site-wide method of zoning and RPing (that is specific mind you, that "play nice" generalized stuff is not helpful when there are plenty of intricacies lying about) that is the most obvious bit of bias that can be had. And who more to be patriotic than the village head?

So, without completely reducing the pool to the point where we are stuck with a democratic oligarchy (because of so few choices) I propose that only village heads and current hosts be banned from being Council Members.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2015, 02:57:09 AM »

Staff can have the option of trying for council, I don't see the issue with them not being able to be on the council -- as long as they want to be, they can volunteer to be included in the voting process. That means that they ultimately accept the responsibility and agree that they'll be actively participating in the council duties, on-top of their normal staff work.

Current hosts should not be a part of the council, in hopes of only to avoid biased opinions more-so along with people who are calm, approachable and realistic. If a large problem from the get-go was current hosts, then it should be clear and evident that they should stay away from a position that decides on things regarding active hosts -- opinions will be biased. The council should be separated from judges and current hosts. Simple enough.

Also, I like the idea of 5 people. 3 is too small. 5 people would allow for more feedback, variability, and 2 people wouldn't gang up on one person.

I feel preferences should still be incorporated into terms, because that should be a host's home field advantage, considering they earned their beast and should have some say when making the terms for their fight. It should be just enough to benefit the host than the challenger, but should not skew a scenario; prevailing over a host should be a difficult feat to accomplish.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 19 queries.