Roleplay > Council

Bijuu Council Rules (MAIN THREAD!)

(1/6) > >>

Nathan:
Hooray! Nah, but seriously I propose we use this topic to discuss if there should actually be one since not everyone has given their input on whether or not it should be. If you all agree then we should move to the exact number -- seemed like 3 was the popular vote -- and then once those are out of the way we can work out the actual conditions for being a council member.

Essentially I'm saying we should use this topic to discuss the rules, conditions, etc. of a council if the topic didn't give that away. We can make other topics for nominations and the like once we have the finer details -- such as the rules -- ironed out; albeit, that's assuming if everyone actually wants a council, but that's what this topic is for! :D

Ace:
Yes, and I agree with *three*.
I am also satisfied with *five.*

My vote will go to the majority, three or five that is.

The rules... let's see what others have to say. I might just build about them. :P

KayentaMoenkopi:
[*]I prefer the number 5 for a council. It permits a wider view to be represented so the council will not me prone to holding to one thought/bias on how the bijuu rules should be handled and interpreted.
[*]I like the notion of prior hosts being council members.
[*]Current hosts being ineligible.
[*]If a current council member wants to go bijuu hunting they should step down and a replacement should be installed prior to going on the hunt/challenger for their beast.
[*]I am ambivalent on how the members are chosen, either by community vote or appointment.
[*]I don't feel staff members should be on the council, for this is an RP issue and I believe Neji doesn't want staff meddling there.

as to council rules;
[*]If a council member is shown to be biased or no longer participating in council business, they should be replaced.
[*] Length of service? 6 months?
[*]I propose a warning for first offense of all infractions of breaking the bijuu rules except the inactivity clause. Stripping a host should not be the 'go to solution' for everything. Mistakes will be made.

Hitler-Chan:

--- Quote from: KayentaMoenkopi on December 04, 2015, 12:50:31 AM ---[*]I prefer the number 5 for a council. It permits a wider view to be represented so the council will not me prone to holding to one thought/bias on how the bijuu rules should be handled and interpreted.
[*]I like the notion of prior hosts being council members.
[*]Current hosts being ineligible.
[*]If a current council member wants to go bijuu hunting they should step down and a replacement should be installed prior to going on the hunt/challenger for their beast.
[*]I am ambivalent on how the members are chosen, either by community vote or appointment.
[*]I don't feel staff members should be on the council, for this is an RP issue and I believe Neji doesn't want staff meddling there.

as to council rules;
[*]If a council member is shown to be biased or no longer participating in council business, they should be replaced.
[*] Length of service? 6 months?
[*]I propose a warning for first offense of all infractions of breaking the bijuu rules except the inactivity clause. Stripping a host should not be the 'go to solution' for everything. Mistakes will be made.

--- End quote ---

Alright, so, if current hosts and staff members are ineligible (Which should be reviewed), and being a host previously is a prerequisite, then I'd honestly like to see if anyone can put down a list of 5 names that meet that criteria.

I sure as hell can't.

1: Eric?
2-5 ???

Also, not sure if this was already spoken about in the dwelling (Because that became a cluster-fu**), but why aren't current hosts eligible to be apart of this council? We are the ones who will be affected by at least 50% of the rules placed down, and if that is the case, I personally would like to have a few of us as representatives. Not all 5 obvs, but like two >> Like Senators. Elected by the Hosts, for the hosts.

Mei:
I have been reading the discussion in Ace's dwelling from start to finish.
I have a few comments but I will only mention those that relate to the idea of having a bijuu council.

There's always a need for a council. However, I personally think it's okay for a council member to be a judge also because the responsibilities of those 2 positions are different. Even if the participants disagree with the judge (who happens to be a council member), the most likely case is getting a 2nd opinion from a different judge. In the end, the council as a group would not get involved with such matters.

Council - enforce bijuu rules
Judge - oversees the match and make decisions, if called upon.
Both positions require to be unbiased anyway.

I also prefer the number 5 for council. As Nathan mentioned in the dwelling, having a council who was a previous may be a preference but definitely not mandatory.

I'm okay with giving a warning for first offense but only ONE warning and it needs to be noted/recorded somewhere in the event that the host decided to do that again.
However, that means the host in question would need to comply within certain amount of days.

For example, if you give them a warning for not posting within the 2 week mark. How many days would give the person to do so? 3 days?

And I think the 'one warning' rule should apply to only NEW people that have never been a jink/own a bijuu before. Experienced hosts should know better.

--- Quote from: Riku on December 04, 2015, 01:06:57 AM ---Also, not sure if this was already spoken about in the dwelling (Because that became a cluster-fu**), but why aren't current hosts eligible to be apart of this council? We are the ones who will be affected by at least 50% of the rules placed down, and if that is the case, I personally would like to have a few of us as representatives. Not all 5 obvs, but like two >> Like Senators. Elected by the Hosts, for the hosts.

--- End quote ---

Because there may come a situation where it's a conflict of interest. Like a situation may come where the host did something wrong that the council has to make a decision on. However that host is also a member of the council, so obviously that person is going to vote in his/her own favor. >.>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version