Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rule Options (MAIN THREAD!)  (Read 5122 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Rule Options
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 08:52:35 AM »

hey I've had the boot clause for a while and I don't use it every time a judge doesn't decide in my favor. Shit happens. When I was fighting zen for the 9 tails we used someone as a judge and their decision on a matter totally baffled me. The next day I asked him how he could possibly think that and he went, "shit, you're right, I was half asleep and had no clue what I was saying, my decision was totally wrong." But zen wouldn't allow it to be changed. Like that's the kind of situation id use a boot in. Gross incompetence and such. Don't drink and judge kids.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 09:25:19 AM »

hey I've had the boot clause for a while and I don't use it every time a judge doesn't decide in my favor. Shit happens. When I was fighting zen for the 9 tails we used someone as a judge and their decision on a matter totally baffled me. The next day I asked him how he could possibly think that and he went, "shit, you're right, I was half asleep and had no clue what I was saying, my decision was totally wrong." But zen wouldn't allow it to be changed. Like that's the kind of situation id use a boot in. Gross incompetence and such. Don't drink and judge kids.

If both players came to *mutual* agreement upon a selection of a judge then it assumed that they agreed that this *judge* was competent enough to make a decision at their own discretion and have the final say so in a sanctioned bijuu match.
You cannot under any circumstances, revoke your previous ruling just because you had a mistake pointed out in your ruling by the other player involved in that match or a third-party. Which leads me to another proposed rule(s) of mine.

- A judge having to revoke their previous or current ruling due to gross negligence will lead to one of the *current* council members having to interfere on that judge's behalf and be that *referee* for the match.

- This a *must* for those whom are selected at judges! Judges are supposed to remain professional and undoubtedly not mix business with pleasure or leisure. Inebriation in *any* form is strictly forbidden. 

Edit: Fixed my grammar. Sleepiness has its toll. :oops:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:28:58 AM by Camel »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 09:39:17 AM »

I agree that gross incompetence should not be tolerated.

however, I am really not liking council members doing judging of any kind. I seriously think we have to have the two issues be separated. The integrity and impartiality of the council needs to be incorruptible.

the back up could be some other judge?

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2015, 09:53:30 AM »

The integrity and impartiality of the council needs to be incorruptible.

Needless to say a system of accountability must be taken into consideration if that judge is somehow *corrupted*. A back-up judge can be taken into consideration but I feel that the issue needs to be viewed from a uncorrupted perspective and oddly enough as it may sound, that would have to be a *current* council member.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2015, 07:18:51 PM »

I am for location of match being optional.

I am for Host setting the type of match in their preferences list, either IC or OOC, with host and participant working out the details.

I am for hosts making a preference list...

I am completely against hosts making a preference list if the IC hunt is going to play out like a regular RP. Because that's kind of OOC in a sense, and gives the host leeway where they really shouldn't have leeway in a RP match. Even if you do sneak into a village and announce your challenge only after encountering the host, the preferences list is a proverbial middle finger that has been used to constrain hunters but not hosts.

If they are merely preferences in truth and are not enforceable on the hunter in any way, then there is hardly a point to having a preferences list at all.

Should the hunt rp have a limit? Within a certain number of weeks the hunt needs to be completed or nearly done so that the match can begin?

Yes, a limit is very badly needed. No hunter and hunted should be playing around with "busy work" for 4 months. I propose a MAX of 1 month before either the hunt is called off (hunter just couldn't finish it) or an OOC battle match ensues (the host made it too difficult). Not sure which viewpoint would be more popular, but YES a thousand times to there being a time limit on the hunt.

Should the RPs be closed so that some third party does not jump in and ruin the match for either the host or the challenger?

Now that doesn't make a whole lot of RP sense unless the hunt is a detached event, where the two RP a hunt in some detached location away from the main stream of RP (which I don't think is a bad idea btw). The fight itself should be closed, however, to any third party that did not get into the RP before the start of the actual fighting.

Should RP hunter lists be inherited in the event of host defeat? I would say yes, you are challenging for the beast, not the host...

My proposition suggested that a challenge should be able to be made at the last second of interaction, with only eligibility of participants barring it being accepted. Therefore, if a host were to lose, only those who were in the RP would at once know of the transfer of the beast. A challenge list inheritance would give the grace period host time to say to themelves, "well I know who is gunning for this beast, let me try to find a way to know about their intentions IC and make it a hassle". On the flip side, if you keep getting gimped cause someone is faster than you, you won't ever get your challenge, or even worse, a "mock" fight might be used as a means to keep a waiting challenger from ever getting the match.

If a challenger is allowed to make the challenge at the last second without having to have the host play GM, then I say no challenge list inheritance. Otherwise, challenge list inheritance is a yes in my books.

I haven't had time to quite read everything yet but one issue I see personally is the moving of rp to the forums. I don't think that should by any mean be necessary. It just find it strange not to allow people to rp at the site.

One major problem I see with that is this. Okay say you make the rp be moved here and those who do not have a form account want to get involved. That would enable them to do so. It just isn't fair... are we gonna imply everyone has to make an account here now...

I think it was already proposed that all challengers, Council members, and hosts have a forum account. By extension then it would be anyone who follows the biju rules, not "everyone" in the purest sense of the word.

And I think that at least a copy of the RP be placed here for recordkeeping purposes, even if the actual RP isn't done here. Even if done here (in a forum setting) it is still IC RP, because this forum IS the official forum for the Shinobilegends game.

I also think that we should start stir up discussion about standards for the actual fighting itself. Like what is godmodding and the likes. Ambigiuity on that in the past made for some butthurt and even for some questionable decisions. Things like how far do we bring in real world logic and the likes would make interesting fodder for this.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2015, 01:35:39 AM »

I think we are getting a bit off track in our discussions.

Now that we are moving toward broad topics that need lots of work upon them, may we have one thread to discuss each issue? Rather than stack smacking 20 suggestions into one post?

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2015, 02:25:15 AM »

That would be good imo, since after reading all of this at least I'm not clear what exactly is being suggested as an answer to what exactly anymore.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2015, 06:15:45 AM »

No:

After Inactivity or defeat you may challenge a different host, or the same host for a different bijuu right away.

Doesn't this risk conflicting with the "you cannot challenge the same host for 3 months" thing? Or is the general consensus that you are challenging for the biju and not for the host?

You must check forum host preference threads to stay informed.

Informed of what, exactly? I don't think preferences should be changing mid-match, so unless you're talking other additions to the challenge list or the host replying to the challenger, I don't get what the challenger needs to stay on top of in that thread.

The purpose of keeping a forum thread is to post status and challengers and leaves of absence. So...you should be checking the forum threads often to see how things run. What use it is to post a leave of absence, to post accepting the challenge, to post accepting the terms of battle and all of that, if people aren't expected to stay informed and up to date on the current news.
It is about more than just stating preferences and then never looking at it again, the thread is the host's activity log and everything.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2015, 01:01:32 AM »

I agree with everything proposed except what has already been addressed about striaght to council and this part,
" Hosts who are stripped will be on a 3 month cool down period in which they may not participate in bijuu matters. During this time it is hoped they will train and refine their RP/participation in order to become a host in the future. This cool down period does not apply to breaking the activity clause."

I think it has been stated on part of the council that one can join the council even if stripped without a cool down peroid. The wording here stated all biju matters... I think it should be pointing out an exception for the council be applied.

this comes from the stripping a host voting thread....

and well, Kirk made a good point. stripped hosts are not banned from being council members during their time off.
it sounds vague...All things bijuu...I hate to do another vote over that. can something like that be dealt with during finalization of the rule if it is adopted?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2015, 04:29:28 AM »

I agree with everything proposed except what has already been addressed about striaght to council and this part,
" Hosts who are stripped will be on a 3 month cool down period in which they may not participate in bijuu matters. During this time it is hoped they will train and refine their RP/participation in order to become a host in the future. This cool down period does not apply to breaking the activity clause."

I think it has been stated on part of the council that one can join the council even if stripped without a cool down peroid. The wording here stated all biju matters... I think it should be pointing out an exception for the council be applied.

this comes from the stripping a host voting thread....

and well, Kirk made a good point. stripped hosts are not banned from being council members during their time off.
it sounds vague...All things bijuu...I hate to do another vote over that. can something like that be dealt with during finalization of the rule if it is adopted?

I see no reason why not. Like I was pointing out it was merely wording. I found it to be best not to having wording that may contradict something applied somewhere else. People may be led to argue about well it says this here and that there.

Mei

• View Profile
Re: Rule Options (MAIN THREAD!)
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2015, 03:13:31 PM »

But Kirk,

The chances of a stripped host becoming a council member is extremely close to zero.
Besides, I assumed that ruling meant that a stripped host cannot go after bijuu for 3 months.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2015, 03:46:27 PM »

But Kirk,

The chances of a stripped host becoming a council member is extremely close to zero.
Besides, I assumed that ruling meant that a stripped host cannot go after bijuu for 3 months.

Not that close to zero, actually.

Depends on the reason the host was stripped. If it was something like obstructing RP then maybe, but if it was for getting into a car crash and not being able to get out of the hospital bed to make mention of an extended absence, the public would be far more forgiving.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2015, 05:22:44 PM »

Depends on the reason the host was stripped. If it was something like obstructing RP then maybe, but if it was for getting into a car crash and not being able to get out of the hospital bed to make mention of an extended absence, the public would be far more forgiving.

I can't imagine one being quick to run for a council position after a car accident.
You have to think about the time it would take to recover.

But let's talk about what it is meant by 'bijuu-related matters' in this proposed ruling.

Do you mean they cannot go after a bijuu for 3 months?
Or cannot partake in ANYTHING bijuu-related? (bijuu-hunt, council, judge, etc)

EDIT: I thought the former.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 06:12:33 PM by Mei »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2015, 12:18:49 AM »

I can't imagine one being quick to run for a council position after a car accident.
You have to think about the time it would take to recover.

But let's talk about what it is meant by 'bijuu-related matters' in this proposed ruling.

Do you mean they cannot go after a bijuu for 3 months?
Or cannot partake in ANYTHING bijuu-related? (bijuu-hunt, council, judge, etc)

EDIT: I thought the former.

Well, I don't think anyone would be eager to get on SL period right after a car crash. After he/she recovers and returns to see themselves stripped is what I am talking about.

We should explicitly clarify what "all biju matters" is, otherwise it will be interpreted as all biju matters, including Council membering.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2016, 02:40:32 PM »

this is not the voted upon rules.
this is http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8791.0.html

may we please have those ones pinned instead?
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.