Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Methods of *IC* hunting a Jichuuriki (Closed)  (Read 6129 times)

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
Re: Methods of *IC* hunting a Jichuuriki (VOTE!)
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2015, 04:50:03 AM »

No. I've had an issue with his technique since it popped up and I just knew it would be used to magically find bijuu, making it an easy trek to fight the host.

Heck you don't even need a KG to have the blasted thing.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2015, 05:07:24 AM »

Except it can be, because just like I also pointed out in said thread, Naruto's circumstances in that moment were so very specific that there is no way to plausibly apply that as the universal truth to every host search via byakugan.

And problem with telescope is that even if its supposed to give just a limited view and all like you say, people still won't actually use it like that. In some cases even they won't use it at all, rather they just say they have it so all the relevant info location-wise should be automatically accessible to them. Gets even fishier when claims are made it was used, but at PMs, dwellings, or somewhere else you can't actually see.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2015, 05:24:11 AM »

Kagura would need signature yes, and unless the beast is actively in use you would have to be almost right up their face with prolonged focus to pick the beast out anyway, as seen with Karin.

Sage mode, signature yes, however if beast isn't in use the ability to pick out the host anyway is far more questionable, because senjutsu hax isn't answer to everything.

Byakugan's a mess because there is no unified consensus of its 'insight', much less range. However I will daresay there is no way you'd find a host quickly, especially without signature and beast not being in use, since even if the eye has massive range its not like you are constantly aware of everything happening in that entire kilometers long range. Like a shorter range I might understand the 360 from, but there's no way your brain would handle constant awareness of every single detail at like 10+ KM range, especially when at several points in the series its been shown hyugas still focus on specific things at even longer ranges.

Be those as they may, difference is you need time/effort and most likely signature in all of the above. Telescope will find them no matter what, wherever they are, unless their chakras basically shut off (aka untrackable) or they're in a location somehow sensing proof otherwise.

.....okay, so when is a bijuu ever in active use in RP? Let say it is, how would the challenger post in such a way that it would work out. Would that person need to post RIGHT AFTER the Jink's post? Relatively after? Does the posting have to take place in the same 'area' of the RP (village board, fighting zone, etc)?

In regards to Byakugan, the last known range was 20 km based from Hinata in The Last: Naruto the Movie. You can read her wiki page for that. But everyone can agree it has at least 10 km range which covers an area greater than Brooklyn, NY. The point is that a village is not bigger than a city. >.>

Remember when Neji found those seals for the Five-Seal Barrier.
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/263/8
https://youtu.be/LTJpPd0-hWo?t=367
It took him like 10 to 15 seconds (based on animation time) to find 4 seals, shortest distance = 350 meters, longest distance = 800 meters.

Who's to say that a Hyuuga cant use his byakugan like a radar/sonar scanning section by section if "there's no way your brain would handle constant awareness of every single detail at like 10+ KM range"? You said yourself, 'hyugas still focus on specific things at even longer ranges' (Oddly enough, I only see this with Hinata while Neji and Hiashi did not show signs of needing to 'focus' - Naruto Chapter 613).
But honestly, you don't need a 'constant awareness of every single detail' because you specifically looking for something. And (I think) we all saw the movie Limitless. >.>

And realistically, getting a bijuu's chakra signature could be a tough task if you have not experience a bijuu before in anyway. And plus, correct me if I'm wrong, the bijuu's chakra signature would have to belong to THAT particular bijuu. Although funny enough, if clansmembers have similiar chakra signatures, then shouldn't the bijuu's chakra signature be similiar? They all came from the same place (ten tails). >.>

Except it can be, because just like I also pointed out in said thread, Naruto's circumstances in that moment were so very specific that there is no way to plausibly apply that as the universal truth to every host search via byakugan.

What circumstances?

And problem with telescope is that even if its supposed to give just a limited view and all like you say, people still won't actually use it like that. In some cases even they won't use it at all, rather they just say they have it so all the relevant info location-wise should be automatically accessible to them. Gets even fishier when claims are made it was used, but at PMs, dwellings, or somewhere else you can't actually see.

Well if you're already familiar with the village, then technically yes, you would instantly know the location. For example, if I use the telescope tech to find a bijuu and the bijuu in question is Kumo. As a shinobi that's born and raised in Kumo, I should know exactly where that location is, no?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2015, 05:29:53 AM »

If you use the Telescope Technique on the chakra of a bijuu you know it should show you their Jinchuriki. Whether or not you can make use of what they look like and their immediate surroundings to find them is based on your character's knowledge. That is all Telescope tells you.

I've said before that Bijuu chakra should always be detectable. If it's far away it should take a couple turns to find it but if you've decided to seal upwards of 50 times a normal human amount of chakra in you then that is something people should be able to pick up on. It's a way to make the hunts fair since for ages anyone who doesn't want to fight just says they suppress their bijuu completely and it can never be detected by anything forever.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2015, 05:35:40 AM »

If you use the Telescope Technique on the chakra of a bijuu you know it should show you their Jinchuriki. Whether or not you can make use of what they look like and their immediate surroundings to find them is based on your character's knowledge. That is all Telescope tells you.

I've said before that Bijuu chakra should always be detectable. If it's far away it should take a couple turns to find it but if you've decided to seal upwards of 50 times a normal human amount of chakra in you then that is something people should be able to pick up on. It's a way to make the hunts fair since for ages anyone who doesn't want to fight just says they suppress their bijuu completely and it can never be detected by anything forever.

You're saying it does not matter if the Jink is using the bijuu's chakra/power. In use or not, it's always sense-able.

If so, I can agree with that.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2015, 05:37:57 AM »

You're saying it does not matter if the Jink is using the bijuu's chakra/power. In use or not, it's always sense-able.

If so, I can agree with that.

Yes exactly. That way you always have a chance to find them. They gotta come out of their holes eventually.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2015, 05:58:32 AM »

I watched the movie, and there were no "Special" Circumstances that Naruto was under.

They were in the midst of the Chuunin exams, and when the villains attacked, they immediately saw the fox within his chakra network. It can be assumed they did exactly that with Killer bee as well considering they already had him captive at the start of the film.

Hell, he hadn't even used the fox yet at that point in the film.

If you would like to elaborate on what these conditions were that would be great.

And I agree with bocc. The beast should always be detectable, no matter the circumstance.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2015, 06:22:48 AM »

Remember guys, this is for voting, not for lengthy discussions. :)
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2015, 06:54:42 AM »

Well if you can make up your minds about which you want me to do by tomorrow, I'll either explain or leave it at the vote I already gave tomorrow, cause I gotta dip for now.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2015, 08:37:30 AM »

I will repeat this one last time before I kick people out now.

This thread is only for voting.
If you fail to read the words we speak, nothing  I can do.

You will be kicked out our of all future discussions.
My rules...yes, if you do not like them, create your own. =)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 09:37:36 PM by Ace »

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2015, 07:47:26 PM »

This post is going be a placeholder and will be used to tally all the votes. I need to remind you that if you haven't voted previously, state your decision in a *small* post. This is so we keep the debate at a minimal and as the thread says above; vote!

Yes: 6
No: 9

If you haven't voted now, it would be a good time to state your decision on this subject. (All votes have been accounted for!)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 06:54:42 PM by Camel »

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2015, 09:00:19 PM »

Being as weren't aren't discussing what a host can/cannot do to void hunters, my vote goes to yes.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2015, 09:35:53 PM »

I vote yes. I vote yes for what it should actually do though. If you know the bijuu chakra you see the jinchuriki and their surroundings, that doesn't give you there chakra though.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2015, 05:14:27 AM »

This is not an easy topic, at least not to me. >.>

I don't like voting on something that I'm not too sure about. If we can see such a scenario even in a game (see below), I would be okay if the results since I feel in this case, it can go either way.

People are voting No because they feel Telescope technique does not allow you to see the appearance/location of the Jinchuuriki while people who are voting Yes think the tech can.

I'm voting Yes because I don't believe in either of the choices, but the fact that there are not really a lot of ways to sense a bijuu (Byakugan and Sage Mode are KGs and Mind's Eye of Kagura is Uzumaki-only). So what will a shinobi who has NO access to any of those methods do? Force to team up with someone who does? (I guess that's what Bocc and Rusaku did)

So again, I'm voting Yes to give the common/ordinary shinobi a chance at least.

-------
Random (but related) find that I thought was okay to bring up here.

Discovered this from the Telescope Technique wikia (ironic?).
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Naruto_Shipp%C5%ABden:_Kizuna_Drive

So in the Naruto Shippūden: Kizuna Drive game, Hinata sees 30 km away and Neji is able to 'see' within a bijuu.

Hinata sees a strong chakra 30 km away.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8JJVDhZc20&feature=youtu.be&list=PL4E1EAC8245AE1DB8&t=283

Neji being able to confirm that Gaara was not the one within the One Tails.
https://youtu.be/F8JJVDhZc20?list=PL4E1EAC8245AE1DB8&t=346
Also if Neji can do that, then obviously the opposite has to be true (being able to see a bijuu within a jinchuuriki).

I just find it funny that this happened in a game a few years before Naruto: The Last or Boruto the Movie came out.

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2015, 06:11:49 AM »

I was under the impression most anime films/movies were never canon in regards to the series, unless they changed that.

I vote no. Naruto lost it's ninja way after some time in the second timeskip. I liked how the Akatsuki had networks of information, various subordinates to aid in their searches... they were being effective ninja. I miss that, in a way, where things were stealthy and actually fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 17 queries.