Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Should preference lists be approved by council? [discussion]  (Read 6084 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Should preference lists be approved by council? [discussion]
« on: December 05, 2015, 11:29:14 PM »

I think that if we are having preference lists, then they should be reasonable. Is this something that the council should approve for each host?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Should preference lists be approved by council? [discussion]
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 11:32:10 PM »

That seems reasonable.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 12:23:22 AM »

Sounds fair to me. Keep hosts from banning out all of the KG that they don't use. :O
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 01:35:10 AM »

I feel that it would also keep both hosts and challengers from employing questionable techs.

To list a set of voids assumes one will not be using them as a host either.

Preferences would not just be for void lists.

They could also include having techs that are claimed be substantiated by some RP sense.

Just as Bocc proposed in the beast proficiency clause, proving in RP that number of tails was earned, so too could jutsu claimed be requested to be justified.

I say I am a fuuijutsu master.

Really? well...when did that happen? where did it occur? Or did you just suddenly make a character who was built that way?

I don't want to derail the topic with those issues, but to merely suggest that as hosts who make preference lists...we do have the chance to stear RP in general toward a more legitimized trend where claims make sense for everyone...just by example of the standard an elite warrior follows.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 04:01:39 AM »

I think that if we are having preference lists, then they should be reasonable. Is this something that the council should approve for each host?

IF we are going to have preference lists that are truly preferences and not stipulations, then there is no need for Council approval.

If preference list are going to be stipulations, then not only would I oppose having them at all, I also think that the Council should be able to demand that the lists be changed/redone if it is clear that they too heavily bias for the host when put into actual practice.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 05:06:41 AM »

A somewhat related question.

Should one be forced to have a preference or whatever-list, if it ends up being something people can't just throw out the window and have to adhere to?

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 05:49:22 AM »

Seems fine to me, but it might depend on the nature of the fight preference (OOC/IC) - OOC seems like it could have a variety of options, as opposed to IC where you fight with everything your character has, if that makes sense.

Mortiferous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 06:06:25 AM »

I have a question as well: what if the host prefers to keep things simple vs an all out battle, should they be a rather 'simple' character and not one with many KG?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 06:14:24 AM »

Yes. But like Court said when it comes to IC things you must accept what the general public would I believe. The main reason being it is IC rp and their character shouldn't be limited when it comes to their official rp.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 06:20:38 AM »

I'd like to note you are only to post a vote in these vote topic and short description Ace stated. I presume this will be deleted after all other non-vote post have been.

Anything to be discussed should be done in discussion topics.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 06:37:15 AM »

I would like to note as per the title, this is  a discussion thread.

*pats Kirk on the head and gives him a cookie*

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 07:27:51 AM »

I really like the idea of preference lists. I feel things would run smoothly if other knew how the host got this certain technique, nature, kg, etc. 
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 08:52:27 AM »

I would like to note as per the title, this is  a discussion thread.

*pats Kirk on the head and gives him a cookie*

Did that thing get edited? I swear it read vote when I read it. I feel so stupid lol.

Sorry to get off topic I am just speechless really as to what I was reading. Damn, dyslexia making me do that guess reading bs again lol. You know I don't fully read stuff at times but rather my mind guesses at what it says however in my mind I read it fully.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 06:22:19 PM »

I really like the idea of preference lists. I feel things would run smoothly if other knew how the host got this certain technique, nature, kg, etc.

Are you talking about preference lists or some kind of justification for abilities list? Because preference lists traditionally have not provided backings for the host's powers.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 06:52:00 PM »

Overall, I am looking at the thread which a host keeps, as being a catch all of information.
They could provide a short bio, which would provide a resume of sorts for skills and abilities.
They would contain a preference list, with the understanding that these do not negate the official bijuu rules: is - Well I prefer to take 6 weeks for a grace period...uhm, no.
They would contain a challenge list for OOC matches, current hunters for IC hunts, and an activity log to prove the activity clause is being met. They would contain notifications of challenge by prospective contestants, notifications of who is up next on the roster. That acknowledgement that notification has been received that you mentioned elsewhere in the discussion. They could contain number of tails mastered and notifications of intended absences. They could also contain notification of training sessions...

ex: between matches...I am taking 3 days off to heal and commune with my beast.

anyway, the preference list is just one post of information contained in the host thread. some bits would be required, others would be optional. Shoot, they could contain recipes for their host's favorite ramen.

Also Eric, I forget where the question was asked, but I referred to something as idle time. And you questioned what was the point of that? When I said idle time, I meant--the time in which a host is not actively defending his beast. And there will be times this occurs. not all beasts even have people on their challenge lists. But during that time, when they are not engaged in combat for the beast, they are idle from their commitment, so to speak...and must still maintain activity with an rp post every 14 days minimum.

I also had a typo somewhere and spelled stripped as striped? It might actually be fun to stripe a host for offences. Like with a whip? But that might be stretching things...
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.