Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Should people be allowed to host/own more than 1 bijuu? (Discussion  (Read 8816 times)

Mei

• View Profile
Re: Should people be allowed to host/own more than 1 bijuu? (Discussion
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2015, 12:47:00 PM »

Quote from: Bocchiere link=topic=8705.msg226973#msg226973
When I succeed in making the Juubi it would remove the 9 bijuu but only for as long as that event takes. That's what I want to do. Me crashing the moon into the planet would be the the "game over" if I  was not stopped. I actually want to do an rp with it. Not like Zenaku who wanted to get all 9 and just go, "Woo!" and pass them back out doing absolutely nothing of worth with it, which people had no problem with. I don't want to get the Juubi to remove it and the bijuu from rp because I think I should be able to decide on my own that major items of importance should all but be removed from rp.

I didn't have time to read any posts on the 2nd page so please forgive me if this was stated already. But didn't Zen gather all the nine bijuu BEFORE we even knew there was a 10 tails? Or even before we knew what the 10 tails was even capable of?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 01:00:54 PM by Mei »

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2015, 05:35:52 PM »

I agree with Bocc' here. Whilst it is true that a lot of you void pretty much everything after ch. 600 or something like that, that doesn't entail the Juubi. Bocc' is trying to immortalize his character like I did by becoming Hokage. I see no issue with him having more than two Tailed Beasts and, in fact, there shouldn't be a cap on them at all. More people than Bocc' have gathered all the Tailed Beast and it has never been a problem before. If Bocc' is good enough to get all those Tailed Beasts and then keep up with all the challenges then he DESERVES to be able to keep more than one. There should be no cap on the limit one should hold especially when, based on what I read, Bocc' doesn't even plan on using them in battle and only wants to be able to keep more than one so that he doesn't have to make alts or give them to unreliable people.

As for the Juubi matter, again no one necessarily voids it. It come before the chapter that you all void. If you have problem with it because you think it can't be beaten -- which it easily can, honestly speaking -- then do not participate in Bocc's RP. I see no reason to make it all IC and then when he turns around and puts all his hard work into something tangible to then, and only then, make it OOC to fit everyone's wants. I say that, if it ever does happen, then to allow Bocc' RP the Juubi's Jinchuriki, but have game masters, council members etc. helping him and anyone who challenges him out so that there are no arguments.

The whole point of this board was to bring an end to trifling matters of the Tailed Beast and to, in a way, make SL fun again. Bocc' wants to work hard and create a fun event that anyone can participate in, and yet you all want to deny him that. I can see why as the Juubi is OP and Bocc' does have a track record -- trust me, I really know that -- but, as I said, with help it could be a great event. I've said it once and I'll say it again, if you all continue with this trend of voiding things you don't like, character controlling, and denying others their right to fun -- because this is a game and is supposed to be fun -- than SL will die faster than it already is. Just saying.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2015, 06:40:25 PM »

@Warren: Because any Yahoo can do that. Like Nathan said I want to have an achievement that's uniquely me. Zen got all 9 bijuu (even though he fought for exactly one of them) so I need to do the next level up, Juubi time.

@Mei: Honestly don't know when we learned that.

@Nathan: Wow, thank you Nathan.

Yes. I do not want to summon a half dozen bijuu and blow things up, that was never the plan. If we could make it IC and get GM's involved with the event I think that would be great, but we will see what people think about that. I'm willing to go OOC if I need to, it'll still count to me. 

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2015, 07:33:16 PM »

@Warren: Because any Yahoo can do that. Like Nathan said I want to have an achievement that's uniquely me. Zen got all 9 bijuu (even though he fought for exactly one of them) so I need to do the next level up, Juubi time.

@Mei: Honestly don't know when we learned that.

@Nathan: Wow, thank you Nathan.

Yes. I do not want to summon a half dozen bijuu and blow things up, that was never the plan. If we could make it IC and get GM's involved with the event I think that would be great, but we will see what people think about that. I'm willing to go OOC if I need to, it'll still count to me.

-Slow claps- My vote is with this guy, though I will be throwing the kitchen sink at him when he comes after the three. :P

Speaking of which, Warren can we talk, privately? ;D (I am only joking. >>)
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2015, 08:06:32 PM »

@Kirk: I'm not using the Shinju or the Infinite Tsukuyomi in my plan. And as I mentioned before the whole Juubi event will, I guess, basically be OOC, just for fun. So no one would actually die. I'd have the beasts up until the events conclusion and then give them all out Zenaku style besides the 9 tails.

As for your rule suggestion that makes sense to me. If I challenge someone for the 2 tails and they blow me off I get them stripped of the 2 tails not the 3 tails or whatever. That makes it so the more beasts you have the more on top of it all you have to be so you don't lose any of them. 

@Warren: That's what I am doing, it just so happens that I'm nearly the only person lining up for this chance. I don't think enforcing, "No character control" is a bad precedence to set. And just because I'm one of the only ones capable of pulling it off right now doesn't mean no one else ever will. They should be able to try as well.  If YOU decide to make the Juubi you should be able to do that too. I'm attempting to restrict no one with this, this is all about letting things happen.

Would you like for us to get together and write an RP to be posted on the forum or a fan/fic alternate reality in the Konoha library where you can live out your dream Bocchiere? I would so be down for that.

It would be very cool to have participated in. Posting orders, multiple months perhaps years of conflict. Oh the drama of it all.

DO I really want to see you destroy the past 10 years of SL RP and the future it yet holds for personal challenge and derail the bijuu rule making process while enduring your insults and accusations every time one of us disagrees with you?

Hell no.

You are an amazing RPer, and have wonderful insights into many aspects on this issue and many others that will be lost if you pull the, my way or the high way card.

But...I know very few people here who will play whipping boy to such an agenda and sad as it will be to see you rage quit this process, then I will bid you farewell with my vote against multi-beasts because that is my opinion on how they should be handled, has been, and always will be. It speaks to fairness for more people overall. I would also object to any person who wanted to be an active Kage of more than one village at a time. You take a high power position and remove it from numerous people creating that diverse roll and pigeon hole it into one person's vision.

I have my own wishes here, but am not going to pull such a stunt when the majority goes against those. And on many instances? That is exactly what will happen. Most of the ideas I have will not be adopted. And you know what?

That is fine, because this is a community effort and I am not the star of SL. And when I have to let go of those plans, those dreams, those desires that die because other people had their own ideas on how to proceed, I will still be able to have fun here and contribute in a meaningful manner. Over the years countless plans have gone up in flames for one reason or another, but over all SL has been the single most enjoyable RP experience of my life and will continue to be for many years to come.

I would like to share that with you.
*shrugs*
But then maybe that is another plan I will have to see die.

If that's all you want then I fail to see the need to press to try make rules about it. I mean literally all you'd have to do is just get whatever willing participants there might be, then go throw the OOC fight fest at a forum thread, a zone or something, chance is high the same people would show up anyway. Like that's it, no need to gather anything, just set the scene and do it >_>; there indeed would be no problems either because everyone else would be left free to keep doing as they wish too meanwhile and after.

Ah I see that this has already been proposed.

The whole point of this board was to bring an end to trifling matters of the Tailed Beast and to, in a way, make SL fun again. Bocc' wants to work hard and create a fun event that anyone can participate in, and yet you all want to deny him that. I can see why as the Juubi is OP and Bocc' does have a track record -- trust me, I really know that -- but, as I said, with help it could be a great event. I've said it once and I'll say it again, if you all continue with this trend of voiding things you don't like, character controlling, and denying others their right to fun -- because this is a game and is supposed to be fun -- than SL will die faster than it already is. Just saying.

As to the whole point of this board being to put an end to trifling matters and to make Sl fun again...in comparison to rules that are designed for everyone over the aims of making rules to permit one player's dreams of conquest come true? Well one person over the many? That IS triffling.

Let's talk about the Fun part. And the OOC shit festival that will accompany this 'event' with a look into the future.

Ok...the dream has been realized, Bocchiere has captured all 9 bijuu...and wonder of wonders, THAT was done without any problems. Everyone agreed all the time every step of the way. And it went smooth as mother's milk down their throats before each of the hosts died.

Now what? Oh yes, the most powerful villain the manga has ever seen comes to SL...and how do we fight that? What powers do we claim that are legit enough to bring him down and save the world? Well for starters...those hosts are all dead...so none of their powers will be used to save the world. But I do...I want a list of legit counters to the power the juubi will bring with it that any of us could possibly employ that would be legit and actually work.

Yes, I can see that being loads of fun. First...I will claim those once you tell me what they are. Oh dear...I feel some voids coming on. Gee Kay, how did you learn that? What gene splicing in breeding experiment did you have going on in Suna for the last 6 years than you can now pull it out of your nose to save the world with?

yes.. .please...tell me how this is fun?

And you know what tickles me the most? The notion that the IC hunt is not possible when you all can imagine this nightmare not only working without OOC hell breaking loose and multi- forum thread nightmares erupting across the board, let alone being fun for more than the star of the show?

Yes Nathan, permitting this to occur sure will take care of having to deal with trifling matters. We will instead have major cases of the ass running all over the place and nothing but anger and butt hurtness across the land. If THAT doesn't kill SL, I truly do not know what will.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2015, 08:37:57 PM »

You basically ignored everything I said I would do with the event (Make it OOC if needed, roll everything back afterwards and pass the bijuu out) and instead have proposed an alternate reality where I'm just trying to ruin everything. So I don't have anything to say regarding that.

I don't know how you could be so hypocritical as to talk about rp freedom and how it is the height of character control to kill someone against their will and then turn around and remove major items from rp based on the whims of you and one other person and tell anyone who wants to rp as a major villain that, sorry, if they were to actually succeed in their plans it just wouldn't be fair, we need to actually make a rule that a villain cannot win to make it fair for everyone else.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2015, 08:54:23 PM »

...Would you like for us to get together and write an RP to be posted on the forum or a fan/fic alternate reality in the Konoha library where you can live out your dream Bocchiere? I would so be down for that...

While Kamui is not pressing the shirt as much, he did earlier express that collecting all of the biju had been a desire of his as well:

The idea of the Juubi being introduced into role play actually intrigues me, it was actually *my* end goal until my character died and I passed that goal onto the next villain...

As uncanny as it may seem, what if Bocchiere had 9 characters capable of defending and fending for 9 tailed beasts? Then what? It is stretching oneself thin as Kamui put it, but by definition possible if functionally he would be doing the same thing with a single account having all nine anyways.

That's not against the rules, currently anyways. What's to stop him from taking that alternative? How does one go about proving alts anyways if it were made to be against the rules?

Would a reasonable compromise be that a character can have all nine, but not per say create the Juubi? Limiting them to ever using 2 at a single time functionally in RP?

If the best RPers/Zoner are supposed to have tailed beasts, then the unsuitable being weeded out potentially by an exceptionally good RPer/Zoner is not really unfair at all. If we're trying to give as many people as possible regardless of skill level (as long as he/she follows the rules) a chance at having a tailed beast then I can see why anyone having more than 1-2 could be troublesome.

Are the biju for the best, or are they for the common player?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2015, 08:58:58 PM »

we both are good at focusing on an aspect while neglecting to comment appropriately upon all points being made in any given issue. For instance, your insistence that my feelings about bijuu being held by only one person having the motivation to character control you rather than to provide RP roles for more people, as I have stated on numerous occasions.

I train daily to improve in the heights I attain.

@ eric...ah yes, two people had the same dream. That changes everything.
Character flaws aside, what powers do we have at our disposal to deal effectively with you when you ascend to the height of your dreams, after you have killed off the bulk of our fighting force? I think that was my question for you?

and also, if this is to be an ooc event, why make rules that effect IC issues to create the possibility of your event being held? Why bother handing out insults?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2015, 09:15:02 PM »

we both are good at focusing on an aspect while neglecting to comment appropriately upon all points being made in any given issue. For instance, your insistence that my feelings about bijuu being held by only one person having the motivation to character control you rather than to provide RP roles for more people, as I have stated on numerous occasions.

I train daily to improve in the heights I attain.

@ eric...ah yes, two people had the same dream. That changes everything.
Character flaws aside, what powers do we have at our disposal to deal effectively with you when you ascend to the height of your dreams, after you have killed off the bulk of our fighting force? I think that was my question for you?

and also, if this is to be an ooc event, why make rules that effect IC issues to create the possibility of your event being held? Why bother handing out insults?

Two have openly vetted. There may be more hiding in the shadows.

At this point, I am more advocating for the ability for people to have multiple, possibly even all nine, tailed beasts. I don't see the "Juubi" thing getting much further without getting past that milestone first.

More directly, to counter the Juubi specifically, there are two major routes:

Effectively speaking, Bocc would be the only host/champion under the administration of the biju Council. If need be, they would have the power to strip him of the tailed beasts if he were to try to create the Juubi with them.

Secondly, put restrictions on what he can have alongside the Juubi. Like once he has the beast he can no longer use sage mode in any form, or use space-time ninjutsu of any kind. That will allow all senjutsu to be effective on practically every jutsu that he performs, and prevent him from simply warping away using hiraishin if he gets cornered. Additionally, ban the use of truth seeking balls, Sage chakra, Tensaigan, and Susnao'o.

Turn the juubi host into simply a host with the abilities of all of the individual tailed beasts and cut out the remainder of the 10-tails host abilities.

As for tools to be used, realistically (human path is one but... I doubt anyone would get the chance to use human path on him due to range issues) there is Itachi's special gourd blade that seals into a world of genjutsu. One hit is all it takes. The Yatara Mirror to defend against most of the attacks.

The Reaper Death Seal (Minato's usage of it), the 60-year-old Hokage barrier jutsu, the various sage modes, Uzumaki fuinjutsu in general, the OP barriers of the old days, Edo Tensei, the god-forbidden Tensaigan, sage-enhanced Mokuton, Dark release, SOUND release, etc.

As a well-picked and well-bred team can defeat the 10-tails host with SL jutsu already acknowledge prior to now, and even use some canon jutsu as well. A little creativity could go a long way.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2015, 09:16:42 PM »

I don't know.

and you can blame Yujo, the dirty bastard.

>.<

Perhaps you should just do this thing? Get it out of your system. Let's destroy the world and cleanse time. Nothing like a good extinction event to make this woman smile in the darkest of times.

And then get back to business as usual...my characters do have lives I am just not interested in giving up for all time. I know that me and one other person, that 2 people on SL are not the only ones who can say this.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2015, 10:13:32 PM »

After listening to others, I know where my vote stands now. =)

Less regulation, the better. In this case, that is.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 11:06:17 PM by Ace »

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2015, 01:02:09 AM »

After listening to others, I know where my vote stands now. =)

Less regulation, the better. In this case, that is.

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2015, 01:18:10 AM »

If a person can keep up with the fights... it shouldn't be a problem. As for the OOC event, I like the idea.

Think of it as a branching arc that never happened; Like in comics.

In this arc, the villian did collect the beasts and summoned the voided one. People could rp one hell of a fight and not worry about their characters actually dying. That's what most people are afraid. Without that fear and a GM/Mod helping, we could have a lovely event going on.

Meanwhile in the regular SL-arc the villian could just hand them back out... to his cohorts or something. Then the beasts are back out there individually.

I dunno. Just a thought.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2015, 01:57:00 AM »

IF it is OOC:

Then I do not think the RP hosts should be effected in any way. When the end of the event happens, all goes back to the beginning. If it is viewed as a branch/alternate arc...

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2015, 02:47:54 AM »

IF it is OOC:

Then I do not think the RP hosts should be effected in any way. When the end of the event happens, all goes back to the beginning. If it is viewed as a branch/alternate arc...

The endgame where I combine the bijuu and become the juubi jinchuriki is what would be Ooc.

Me getting the mazo and the 9 bijuu will have actually happened I want to do those challenges and capture them all. So I would be the only host. Though after the event is done I will give them back out and just kepp the 9 tails and the mazo. Like what zenaku did
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 17 queries.