Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Should people be allowed to host/own more than 1 bijuu? (Discussion  (Read 8813 times)

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Should people be allowed to host/own more than 1 bijuu? (Discussion
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2015, 04:26:32 AM »

Gotta love it when I'm declared dead already.

So since I'm apparently failing to see it, somebody remind me again how does the chance of somebody maybe wanting to fight a ridiculously nerfed version of this thing, excuse throwing all the community based rules out the window in favor of giving one person monopoly over it all? How does just having "skill" permit all this?

Like, not to be an ass but after reading some of the things said, only way you could take this any further really is just to declare all current hosts stripped and give them to him right now.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2015, 05:25:57 AM »

I must say I have had a change of heart myself. It is not due to anything any of you have said but rather for my own personal reasons. I think this would be the greatest challenge yet. Hell yeah, Uetto returns edo zombie just like the Hokage to kick some ten tails ass.

I'd even take him in a 1vs1 match. I mean with all of SL behind me it would only take a few post to beat him.

I can agree to no restrictions on how many tailed beast a person can host so long as a few rules are debated to be made. I'll now list some:

*said person can only host one tailed beast at a time while summoning the others (unless all 9 are collected)
*the summoning rules should follow closely to that of the edo zombie ones( 30% chakra cost for per summoned beast, you can only summon up to the number of people you are facing with a max of 3, ect)
* once you have acquired over 3 beast you must defend them via the OOC system regardless if you previously only went by the IC hunt system (if it is around)
*all your beast can be stole IC wise
* if you host the beast IC you can host it in OOC system match; if it is a summon IC it must also be used as such in the OOC way
*you can only use the beast you are currently being challenged for in the OOC system match; this meaning someone may challenge you for whatever number of beast they wish that you might host at the time

We may need to form other rules as well. I am simply saying rules will need to be made in detail if this passes. That was why I was generally against it the most because the ruling on it all would have to go deep.

However, if everyone that wants this is willing to work towards in depth rules for people who aquire multiple beast than I am willing to compromise with you all on allowing it.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2015, 05:55:07 AM »

Here is where some people are confounded.

My opinions now...
Is it Bocc's fault that he wants all of them?
Nope.

How does a society work?
Create the rules first, and then discuss how people will abide by them.

@Bocc
Start framing your argument not about what you want to do, but how less restrictions are better. Seriously, you have a solid argument if you changed it. Why must you keep on bringing what you would like to do? No, this is not about you, nor any single individual.

@Others
I think your argument should be this. Just as how real life operates, where we have the government to protect the people, we should set-up regulations/rules to avoid power hungry people. Some people (real life) tell me, well my parents worked hard for their money. Well, so did mine you twat! Problem is, some people have an unfair advantage, and others are stuck in a vicious middle class circle.

Get our heads out of our asses. Quit targeting each other. ;)

As you have seen so far, I have been very lax with "warnings" and I will continue to be so!
I think some rough and tumble is appropriate. So, if you want to continue targeting, fine by me and you will receive *NO* warning from me. But if I notice we are making no progress, well...you know the end result.

=)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2015, 06:32:19 AM »

So since I'm apparently failing to see it, somebody remind me again how does the chance of somebody maybe wanting to fight a ridiculously nerfed version of this thing, excuse throwing all the community based rules out the window in favor of giving one person monopoly over it all? How does just having "skill" permit all this?

Like, not to be an ass but after reading some of the things said, only way you could take this any further really is just to declare all current hosts stripped and give them to him right now.
@Warren:

Don't worry though to limit arguing I don't perma-kill people anymore. If I kill anyone at this point in the game it's not really an accomplishment so I just ask they wait like a week or so before reviving themselves through basically whatever rp they can contrive, doesn't make a difference to me.

So there's that, and which rules exactly would we be throwing out?  There are currently no rules restricting the amount of bijuu someone can have. The only argument you have is that the rules on the forum state,

šTampering with the Bijuš
Tampering with the Biju, meaning: destroying it, editing its affinity, parting its powers into multiple entities, etc. & anything that changes it is prohibited.

but the rules on the wiki state

Tampering with the BijūEdit
Tampering with the bijū, meaning: destroying it, altering its affinity, dividing its powers into multiple entities, etc. and any action that changes it from its known canon form is strictly prohibited.

Which is the rule I know. I don't know when/if it was officially changed to the other wording. My understanding from discussions with various Raikage was that it was worded that way so we could have making the Juubi an option in the future once it was revealed how it was done. Since at that point combining them into the Juubi WOULD be a known canon form.

Oddly enough the two lists have no confusion on,

Challenge List
For purposes of verification each host much keep a record of who is next on the challenge list. This avoids misconduct and is an aid to challengers when seeking a host to challenge. It is suggested this be posted on the NarutoProfiles Wikia as a forum discussion thread to the tailed beasts topic. .

That's not related to my argument I thought I would just mention it in case anyone whose currently hosting a bijuu didn't realize that was a rule. I'm sure no one's been blatantly refusing to keep a list of challengers and preferences for probably over a year at this point. The only reason I could think of anyone doing that would be if they would have to be dragged, kicking and screaming, to defend their bijuu, nay, even accept a challenger for their bijuu and thus did not even bother keeping the preference and challenge list.

Of course my mind draws a complete blank in regards to that when thinking of the current Jinchuriki list as, obviously, if anyone was so clearly ignoring one of the bijuu rules for such a long time that it could not possibly be attributed to ignorance (not that ignorance of the law is excuse for breaking it) they would have been stripped of their bijuu ages ago. Obviously.

Well, excuse me for going off on that tangent about a hypothetical scenario that currently applies to no one in real life. Since we are all here making new bijuu rules and will of course ALL FOLLOW the new rules we make up I suggest that the rules state something similar to, "The bijuu cannot be changed into anything other than a canon form." to allow the creation of the 10 tails to be possible. That should alleviate Warren's concerns about rules not being followed (something he takes very seriously I've heard).

Other than that we'd just need to NOT make rules prohibiting the other parts of it (gathering multiple bijuu and such) and everything would be good to go.

@Ace: I have mentioned that this is something anyone should be able to do, there's no reason to CC anyone who wants to be a major villain. I suppose I keep falling back to my things because right now that category of people is filled with few others than me, but you are right regardless.

@Kirk: Most of that seems reasonable to me other than, "you can only use the beast you are currently being challenged for in the OOC system match;"

So if I am the host of a mastered 9 tails but someone challenges me for the 4 tails I cannot use the 9 tails powers in that fight? Or did you mean that I cannot summon any bijuu other than the one being challenged for? that I would agree to.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2015, 08:12:13 AM »

IF it is OOC:

Then I do not think the RP hosts should be effected in any way. When the end of the event happens, all goes back to the beginning. If it is viewed as a branch/alternate arc...

The endgame where I combine the bijuu and become the juubi jinchuriki is what would be Ooc.

Me getting the mazo and the 9 bijuu will have actually happened I want to do those challenges and capture them all. So I would be the only host. Though after the event is done I will give them back out and just kepp the 9 tails and the mazo. Like what zenaku did

I find this to be unacceptable, and in a sense this  issue of multi-bijuu is being used to create rules that let you force the Gedo Mazo into being a challenged item. The purpose of creating rules here is being jacked to be your means of self service to more power.

I cannot nor will I support this even in an ooc sense now that I fully understand what it is all about.

and Ace? While I applaud your attempt to provide Bocc with a means to be tactful in getting his own way, to phrases things to seem like this rule is about serving the desire to create a working rule system for the bijuu, but at this point that is all just lip service. There really is no argument he can make now that will convince me that my original objections to multi-beast hosting/ownership are in error or unfair.

with that in mind, I too know what I will vote. No multi-beasts hosting/ownership

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2015, 09:02:19 AM »

@Kirk: Most of that seems reasonable to me other than, "you can only use the beast you are currently being challenged for in the OOC system match;"

So if I am the host of a mastered 9 tails but someone challenges me for the 4 tails I cannot use the 9 tails powers in that fight? Or did you mean that I cannot summon any bijuu other than the one being challenged for? that I would agree to.

I mean you can only use the beast you are being challenged for point blank. I see that as being the only fair way to do it. Now if they allow you to use the nine tails you host that is up to them. I would not say that they can not do so; however, I would think at that point they would also want the ninetails if they were to win. Taking both the beast. That is at least how I would arrange it if I was gonna let you use more than one.

I'll put it like this. OOC matches concerning the beast do not always follow the IC things we have. There is no reason why you should get to us more than the beast you are being challenged for in the OOC match for that said beast.

I think for me making a complete 180 on the topic it is fair that you understand that is what I am trying to bring to the table. Of course it is irrelevant what you agree to  :twisted:
First you have to ensure that people vote allowing a person to bag multi beast; than they get to decide if that rule should be made and enforced or not.  :P

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2015, 09:16:30 AM »

No one is declaring anyone dead, nor stripping the current hosts. We're here to bounce ideas off one another.

It was just an idea; A possibility if this actually happened. I don't think any rules would be thrown out in favor of a monopoly.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2015, 02:18:18 PM »

I don't want us to talk about the 10 tails anymore. Kinda tired of it.

Honestly, that should have it's own discussion thread AFTER everything is said and done. The topic of the thread is should people be allowed to own more than 1 bijuu?
So far, it seems like the majority said yes. However there's a 'debate' on either or not people are allowed to have more than 3 bijuu.

In regards to the debate, I say, let them have the chance to have all 9 bijuu if they wish.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2015, 03:36:06 PM »

At this point, I am more advocating for the ability for people to have multiple, possibly even all nine, tailed beasts. I don't see the "Juubi" thing getting much further without getting past that milestone first.

That is still my position. Get multiple tailed beasts per person passed first, then focus on the Juubi if it is still even a desire. The two issues should be separated in the upcoming vote.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2015, 05:35:19 PM »

IF it is OOC:

Then I do not think the RP hosts should be effected in any way. When the end of the event happens, all goes back to the beginning. If it is viewed as a branch/alternate arc...

The endgame where I combine the bijuu and become the juubi jinchuriki is what would be Ooc.

Me getting the mazo and the 9 bijuu will have actually happened I want to do those challenges and capture them all. So I would be the only host. Though after the event is done I will give them back out and just kepp the 9 tails and the mazo. Like what zenaku did

I find this to be unacceptable, and in a sense this  issue of multi-bijuu is being used to create rules that let you force the Gedo Mazo into being a challenged item. The purpose of creating rules here is being jacked to be your means of self service to more power.

I cannot nor will I support this even in an ooc sense now that I fully understand what it is all about.

and Ace? While I applaud your attempt to provide Bocc with a means to be tactful in getting his own way, to phrases things to seem like this rule is about serving the desire to create a working rule system for the bijuu, but at this point that is all just lip service. There really is no argument he can make now that will convince me that my original objections to multi-beast hosting/ownership are in error or unfair.

with that in mind, I too know what I will vote. No multi-beasts hosting/ownership

Of course you fully support warren completely ignoring any bijuu rules he feels like. If you're both complete hypocrites does it cancel out? Is that what you're going for?

I did not once mention in this topic making the mazo a bijuu challenge. I mentioned it once before on a completly unrelated issue that said if we were going to allow councilers to be voted in by just the current  jinchuriki then we'd need to either subtract the reibi or add the mazo so there were an odd number of votes.

Let's just keep making things up though. The lizard people are trying to oppress people's rights by having them only have 1 bijuu we have to stop them!

Anyway I think we can make a vote for this topic now I will do it later when I am out of work.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2015, 01:09:24 AM »

Kay, Bocc, if this gets too personal between the two of you there is always the option of taking a deep breath and stepping back. Causing accusing each other of this and that is not just besides the point, it's nonconstructive.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.