Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Judging a Match (CLOSED)  (Read 2449 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Judging a Match (CLOSED)
« on: December 06, 2015, 01:59:14 AM »

Please make one reply with a yes or no vote. If no, please state which section, or all of them, that is objectionable to you and include a short explanation of your vote if you wish. If other items need to be included here concerning 'judging a match' and its purpose, please include those with your vote.

• Both parties choose a judge and abide by their decision.
  • In the unlikely event of the gross incompetence of the judge, both parties must agree upon a new judge and this second ruling shall be the final word for good or for ill.
  • Judges are NOT to be replaced because they do not agree with you. Cycling through judges until you get a ruling you like is NOT abiding by the rules and considered an abuse. One warning will be issued.
  • No unresolved issues will be tolerated... As such:
  • Compromises must be made in the event of a deadlock. Failure to come to terms after every option has been exhausted will result in stripping, challenger denied, and the bijuu handled according to the Stripping Rules. Both challenger and host will be denied access to all things bijuu for 3 months due to gross incompetence.
  • Council members are ineligible to be chosen as judges.
  • Attempts to commit fraud by providing a judge who is an alt [for your own match] by either party will result in a perma-ban of all things bijuu.
  • Judges will acquaint themselves with the rules of all things bijuu, the preference list of the host, the terms agreed upon by the participants, and commit to activity.
  • Judges may have to play crowd control in the event of a public verbal abusive fight. In the event of such an issue, the judge should make one post requesting that this behavior cease, to arrange to mediate between the parties in private, and place the match on hold. Should this warning/request be ignored, the judge should refer the matter to a site Mod/staff and not be drawn into participating in such behaviors.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 06:56:56 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Judging a Match [vote]
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 02:38:00 AM »

Yes

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 03:17:44 AM »

No.

People are entitled to have a second opinion if they feel they need one regardless.
That's like saying, I'm not allowed to have a second opinion about my medical condition/treatment because I don't agree with the first doctor.

"In the unlikely event of the gross incompetence of the judge, both parties must agree upon a new judge and this second ruling shall be the final word for good or for ill."
I don't agree because that was the judge's fault and s/he should live with it. There's no rush / timetable on giving a ruling. Of course, you would prefer one within 1 week time (a few days at least).

"Judges are NOT to be replaced because they do not agree with you. Cycling through judges until you get a ruling you like is NOT abiding by the rules and considered an abuse. One warning will be issued."
As I mentioned earlier, I don't agree with this.

"No unresolved issues will be tolerated... As such:
Compromises must be made in the event of a deadlock. Failure to come to terms after every option has been exhausted will result in stripping, challenger denied, and the bijuu handled according to the Stripping Rules. Both challenger and host will be denied access to all things bijuu for 3 months due to gross incompetence."
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the purpose of the Council is to resolve 'unresolved issues'? This is literally giving the Council more work than necessary because the time/effort into the Stripping process.

"Council members are ineligible to be chosen as judges."
I disagree and aren't we still in the process of voting on this matter. o.o

"Judges may have to play crowd control in the event of a public verbal abusive fight. In the event of such an issue, the judge should make one post requesting that this behavior cease, to arrange to mediate between the parties in private, and place the match on hold. Should this warning/request be ignored, the judge should refer the matter to a site Mod/staff and not be drawn into participating in such behaviors."
Isn't that the judge of a site Mod/staff? Personally, all I expect from a judge is to post their ruling and the reasoning behind it. To expect a judge to do crowd control is too much. >.>

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 03:28:32 AM »

No, for many of the reasons that Mei has already stated:

No.

People are entitled to have a second opinion if they feel they need one regardless.
That's like saying, I'm not allowed to have a second opinion about my medical condition/treatment because I don't agree with the first doctor.

"In the unlikely event of the gross incompetence of the judge, both parties must agree upon a new judge and this second ruling shall be the final word for good or for ill."
I don't agree because that was the judge's fault and s/he should live with it. There's no rush / timetable on giving a ruling. Of course, you would prefer one within 1 week time (a few days at least).

"Judges are NOT to be replaced because they do not agree with you. Cycling through judges until you get a ruling you like is NOT abiding by the rules and considered an abuse. One warning will be issued."
As I mentioned earlier, I don't agree with this.

"No unresolved issues will be tolerated... As such:
Compromises must be made in the event of a deadlock. Failure to come to terms after every option has been exhausted will result in stripping, challenger denied, and the bijuu handled according to the Stripping Rules. Both challenger and host will be denied access to all things bijuu for 3 months due to gross incompetence."
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the purpose of the Council is to resolve 'unresolved issues'? This is literally giving the Council more work than necessary because the time/effort into the Stripping process.

"Council members are ineligible to be chosen as judges."
I disagree and aren't we still in the process of voting on this matter. o.o

"Judges may have to play crowd control in the event of a public verbal abusive fight. In the event of such an issue, the judge should make one post requesting that this behavior cease, to arrange to mediate between the parties in private, and place the match on hold. Should this warning/request be ignored, the judge should refer the matter to a site Mod/staff and not be drawn into participating in such behaviors."
Isn't that the judge of a site Mod/staff? Personally, all I expect from a judge is to post their ruling and the reasoning behind it. To expect a judge to do crowd control is too much. >.>

I would like to add that " gross incompetence" as used here:

In the unlikely event of the gross incompetence of the judge, both parties must agree upon a new judge and this second ruling shall be the final word for good or for ill.

be defined, especially if standards for biju RP fighting are not adopted. Otherwise we'll be debating if gross incompetence occurred at all if only one party has a disagreement with the ruling (or even if two).
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 04:04:08 AM »

In my last post, I meant 'Isn't that the responsibility of a site Mod/staff? Personally, all I expect from a judge is to post their ruling and the reasoning behind it. To expect a judge to do crowd control is too much. >.>'

But hopefully most of you knew that. Don't feel like editing my last post. >.>

be defined, especially if standards for biju RP fighting are not adopted. Otherwise we'll be debating if gross incompetence occurred at all if only one party has a disagreement with the ruling (or even if two).

Actually I would assume the judge would admit to his/her own "gross incompetence", not any of the match participants.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 04:12:29 AM »

Mei:

Please make a discussion thread where we can gather the viewpoints of all of us in a dialogue. The voting threads are for each member to vote and comment once upon the proposed rule.

I believe that we can then gather points about a rule together for another vote at that time.

thank you

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 06:31:35 AM »

I vote yes.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 06:34:00 AM »

Yes.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 07:39:31 AM »

I have to say yes to it all as well.

However, it should be stated very very clearly that both parties must agree upon moving to a second judge. If only one whishes to do so cause they don't like the ruling that is not fair reason to fire the judge. Both parties agree on making the judge and should agree on firing the judge.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 07:41:50 AM by UettoSenju »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 09:02:51 PM »

Vote or next week it goes to done too.

yes = 7
no = 2

Kay = yes
Bocc = yes
Mei = no
Eric = no
Kamui = yes
Ace = yes
Kirk = yes
Asadi = yes
Hades = yes
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 06:35:47 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 01:55:41 AM »

As I recall saying in the discussion thing, or even if I didn't, I'd give a yes to about all of that except the bit of no changing judges over disagreements.

Ultimately there's fairly few universal truths regarding techniques/abilities/etc in Naruto, so great majority ultimately comes down personal interpretation, thus you being boned just because judge happens to disagree can be seriously unfair, especially if you two got like basically opposite opinions on it. Minor differences can be dealt with a compromise, but a big thing you simply can't accept should deserve to be heard out imo.

And I can tell you those cases have and will come up, because I myself have had to deal with them perhaps more than I'd have cared to.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 04:12:24 AM »

How a judge is replaced and such could be another vote/discussion and then add those results in later.

in the interest of getting something agreed upon, and the parts that are acceptable to people moved out of the way.

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 04:18:58 AM »

Yes

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 12:17:05 AM »

Yes.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Judging a Match (CLOSED)
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 07:11:09 PM »

Sent to done with updated results included. Discussion thread about replacing a judge opened here:

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8798.0.html

Page created in 1.065 seconds with 21 queries.