Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: You Must Accept All Challengers [vote]--> does not include IC hunt {PAUSED}  (Read 2637 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile

Please make one reply with a yes or no vote. If no, please state which section, or all of them, that is objectionable to you and include a short explanation of your vote if you wish. If other items need to be included here concerning 'accepting all challengers' and its purpose, please include those with your vote.

I feel that IC hunt options are still under discussion and not ready for voting at this time.

• Hosts much accept all challenges.
  • New hosts have a 14 day grace period in which to commune with their beast and do not have to accept challengers during that time. The date upon which you will begin accepting challenges must be posted in your forum thread.
  • You must notify the next challenger when it is their turn through pm on SL. Make a reply to your preference thread on the forum that you have notified the next challenger.
  • If the challenger does not begin setting up the match with the host within 7 days of notification he is skipped and bumped to the bottom of the challenge list. Make edits to challenger list to reflect this bump.
  • Proposed edit to above rule: Once the host notifies the challenger that it is their turn, the challenger then has 7 days to respond and begin setting up terms for the match. If he is unable to do a match at this time, he is bumped to the end of the challenge list or removed per his request. If he fails to respond to the notification that it is his turn within 7 days, then he will be bumped to the end of the challenge list. The host must edit the forum challenge list in his host thread to reflect these changes.
  • You may not challenge yourself on an alt.
  • Defeated challengers cannot challenge the same host for the same bijuu for 3 months.
  • Violating any of these rules will result in a warning by the council for the first offense. Continued violations will result in stripping of the beast [applies to hosts] and banning from making any challenges [applies to hosts and challengers] for 3 months.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 04:25:52 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: You Must Accept All Challengers [vote]--> does not include IC hunt options
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 11:31:47 PM »

Yes.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 11:36:40 PM »

Yes.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 12:21:34 AM »

Yep!
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 12:49:35 AM »

Si
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 01:11:27 AM »

Yes.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 02:43:43 AM »

No.

"If the challenger does not begin setting up the match with the host within 7 days of notification he is skipped and bumped to the bottom of the challenge list. Make edits to challenger list to reflect this bump."

I don't understand why is the challenger the one setting up the match when usually every bijuu match (on the forums) starts with the bijuu owner's post of preference list / rules. It's only when the challenger accepts it, that the match actually starts. And generally the acceptance is immediately followed by an entry post, all in the same 'reply'.

So personally I feel it's the bijuu owner that needs to set it up and it would show proof of the challenge being accepted.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 03:08:08 AM »

here my words were not clear. The host is responsible for letting the challenger know it is his turn.

the challenger and host both have to agree to terms.
so host contacts challenger...and challenger never replies?

well he gets bumped. we are not waiting more than 7 days for him to reply. i will edit that section to make it clearer?

if no one objects...

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 03:24:24 AM »

No, I find this somewhat objectionable:

You must notify the next challenger when it is their turn through pm on SL. Make a reply to your preference thread on the forum that you have notified the next challenger.

The challenger should also post somewhere on the forum as confirmation. A sort of handshake thing that make it clear that both have come together at least once for the occasion, in case issues arise later.

You may not challenge yourself on an alt.

Prove it. I would really like to know how you are going to enforce a rule like that. You can have suspicions all day, but without some verification process how is one to prove that another is an alt?

If the challenger does not begin setting up the match with the host within 7 days of notification he is skipped and bumped to the bottom of the challenge list. Make edits to challenger list to reflect this bump.
Proposed edit to above rule: Once the host notifies the challenger that it is their turn, the challenger then has 7 days to respond and begin setting up terms for the match. If he is unable to do a match at this time, he is bumped to the end of the challenge list or removed per his request. If he fails to respond to the notification that it is his turn within 7 days, then he will be bumped to the end of the challenge list. The host must edit the forum challenge list in his host thread to reflect these changes.

Just drop the challenger from the list period if they can't make the obligation. And besides, the host should also have an explicit limit for doing their part as well.

Other than that I don't see anything else that jumps out to me a objectionable.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 03:58:59 AM »

In addition, I would assume the host and the challenger would have already picked a date to start their match. Say, the terms of the match was accepted, but both parties decided to do it a week or 2 later. Is that not okay?

For example, the previous match happened to end before Christmas and usually the time between Christmas and New Year's can be busy. So both parties decided to do after New Year's.

You may not challenge yourself on an alt.
For some reason, I read that as 'You may not judge yourself on an alt.' o.o
But yeah, how can you prove such? And would be wrong in doing such as well? Technically speaking, there's no need for this rule since can't the host just simply 'give' their bijuu to their alt anyway? o.o

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 04:10:03 AM »

Mei:

Please stick to one post. I highly encourage you to make a discussion thread of your own and we will all comment there.

If I need to pause the vote on this thread, or make an edit to some points, I certainly will be more than happy to do that after further discussion...
in a thread that you create.

It is important to keep voting threads clean and discussion threads productive.
Simply state your views and then let other people respond. We do not need to debate or convince each other with repeated comments.

I look forward to seeing this discussed fully in another thread.
Thank you.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 04:21:59 AM »

Okay, but this relates to the rules you put up. You posted 7 days and I'm asking if can be extended, given certain circumstances. >.>

Do I really have to make a thread for something like that?

Just to make sure for future reference, if I disagree with parts of your ruling, I have to make a thread about it?

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 04:29:30 AM »

Okay, but this relates to the rules you put up. You posted 7 days and I'm asking if can be extended, given certain circumstances. >.>

Do I really have to make a thread for something like that?

Just to make sure for future reference, if I disagree with parts of your ruling, I have to make a thread about it?

Please. here is a link to a discussion thread that I have made for this rule.
Clearly it is not ready to be voted upon and I am requesting this vote be put on pause until we all can discuss it more. As written it seems to contain too many issues and will need a revision.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: You Must Accept All Challengers [vote]--> does not include IC hunt {PAUSED}
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 07:08:47 AM »

Yes

(shit I didn't notice the paused thing until just now... well noticed but didn't relies it meant the voting was paused.... I took it as just the IC hunt part was or something)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 07:10:03 AM by UettoSenju »

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.