Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Discussion: Method to tracking down host via IC hunt (Discussion)  (Read 4158 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: Discussion: Method to tracking down host via IC hunt (Discussion)
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 07:24:26 PM »

So what if its not easy or guaranties you get action with the host? It shouldn't in my opinion. This brings it closer to operating how it truly would if this was all real.

Yeah can we not continue doing exactly what the problem was, please ?
If there is an OOC option and an IC option, people will rush to the IC option so that they can weed people out with ridiculous RP hunts. History repeats more often than not.

That is just it. If the host doesn't know who is after them and at what time or where they will be coming from how can they make these over the top procedures to follow in order to get to them?

The whole flaw in the IC hunt system is that in order to go after the host you have to inform them about it through a challenge list. You are telling them you are coming... even if it is OOC. We will prepare for things we know are gonna harm our characters. Meta-gaming is sometimes done without even noticing.

The two rules that need be applied be this. The host must be active rp wise. The host must not hide or take refuge in a place where he can not be reached.

The way I see it host can stay inside their villages all day every day. It makes sense to. So what? Infiltrate and think of a way to get them. Start using those brains some to solve problems instead of just fight fight fight.

Plus a challenger list must be followed as issued right? That breaks IC reasoning. There's nothing stopping someone who is not even on the list going and kill the host rp wise before a challenger even reaches them. I mean are you really gonna say a rule should be made that states 'host can not be killed rp wise unless done so by the hands of the current challenger'?

So what if its not easy or guaranties you get action with the host? It shouldn't in my opinion. This brings it closer to operating how it truly would if this was all real.

If this was real (as if SL is ever true the Naruto norms), I would ask a NPC villager who's the Jink and that villager would happily and truthfully answer me. You know why? Because if this was real, the villagers would have animosity towards their Jinks. 

I did not mean real to the Narutoverse. I meant is the SLverse was a real verse itself. It would make sense then.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 09:28:03 PM »

These are some interesting points.

Real to the Narutoverse though? I didn't see anyone in Kumo hating on Bee or wanting to turn him over to Akatsuki. Seemed like they valued their hosts. It is quite plausible that the reaction of characters will be individualized, that anything is likely to happen. To point at any of them as suggest they are all going to act like such and such is a bit confining and all.

Anyway...As to some rouge coming in the hunt, snatching up the beast, and then not complying with these bijuu rules, council strips and the fight is now pointless?
Well again, shit happens. The people who would have complied with the rules not being able to best a rogue hunter...is sooooooooooo sad. I am like crying over here that they were not the best at the job and didn't get the beast. How unfair. We should really make a rule that makes sure they win in the end. >.>

This is how you handle it...oh gee...its a rogue ninja!!!! *pms*...hello fellow Shinobi...just a heads up, if you win the beast then you will be subject to bijuu rules...*sends link* here they are. Have a nice day. Sorry if that is a problem but the bijuu are the one RP situation on SL that just simply had to be regulated due to our history and all. I hope that is agreeable to you. If not, your participation will have to be voided.

Terms of participation agreements are non-negotiable. At this point in the situation, that is part of enforcing the rules, in my opinion.

I think it would be really cool if there were no OOC challenges and everyone just went the IC route. Then all this about the host knowing a hunter is coming for them would just be part of the game. You go out and take your chances like everyone else. Your village supports you? cool. you must not be a total butt head to them. They turn you over...ha ha ha ha. I love it!

But, not everyone is into the whole chance issue. So we have OOC challenges being an option.

Should a host have to accept an OOC challenge? nnnn, that is a tough one. Should a kage have to accept a challenge and the village potentially be lead by someone else? Should a wife have to put up with competition for the affections of her husband? The last two situations are RP based while the first is not. Not every RP situation will be my fantasy dream, and potentially quite painful, but such is RP life. Can I get a ruling on making sure my spouse conforms more to my whims?

snort...

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2015, 04:40:01 AM »

... Can I get a ruling on making sure my spouse conforms more to my whims?

snort...

Well, you could. It's possible. Maybe more work than you would want to put into it, might ruin the balance of the relationship but it's possible.

Real to the Narutoverse though? I didn't see anyone in Kumo hating on Bee or wanting to turn him over to Akatsuki.

Until B got real close to the A and the two proved themsleves in the 3rd Great War, Bee wasn't exactly Mr. Popular in Kumogakure because the village had a history of being attacked by the beast itself.

In SL, the last time a village was attacked by a rogue beast, genuinely, was too long ago or out of my sight for me to recall. No SL RPer is going to turn in their own host unless it's very, very personal or he/she is character controlled into it. That makes it near impossible to get an insider turnover without using alts or very time-consuming spywork.

Should a wife have to put up with competition for the affections of her husband?

In certain cultures, certainly.

That is just it. If the host doesn't know who is after them and at what time or where they will be coming from how can they make these over the top procedures to follow in order to get to them?

Simple, you make a catch-all. Plus, except for a few surprises, I think we all by now are famaliar with the most avid biju hunters on site. If you can keep them off your neck the rest are manageable.

And why does everyone keep forgetting my proposition of allowing challenges to be declared right before the interaction? :/ Like, that right there by itself makes the challenge less of an announcement and more of a "officially, I'm challenging you with this and this many people, but we're already interacting so ball is in your court".
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 20 queries.