Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Discussion] Should Hunters/Champions be forced to create a Bio?  (Read 4471 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: [Discussion] Should Hunters/Champions be forced to create a Bio?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 04:27:57 AM »

... will we be getting into the realm of listing justu, how many each person can have, standard descriptions and names for each one, and policing each and every aspect of everyone's RP? I don't have the time, do you?

I feel that mentioning Kay uses suiton and doton is heads up enough. Expect her to be good at it. The end.

When it involves biju and biju fights, yes, I think it should be policed. Canon techniques are completely different, but if there are variants, yes, which variant you are proficient in at the very least should be specified.

But most of this policing is for the custom techniques. Not many people who challenge and stuff for biju have a custom jutsu list that has jutsu so complicated that it could stump a University level Physics class and the professor.

Suiton: Daikōdan no Jutsu [Water Release: Great Shark Bullet Technique] then its parent jutsu
    Suiton: Suikōdan no Jutsu [Water Release: Water Shark Bullet Technique]

They are not the same. One is more powerful than other. one is reasonable for a genin to use, one isn't, at least in my books. The manga writer made the distinction for a reason.

But again, most of this is for custom stuff and canon stuff that you use very differently (instead of spitting fire flowers you spit giant orbs of fire, as if mixing up great fireball and fire flower jutsus).
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 08:37:47 AM »

And that gets into the whole realm of what is a different jutsu, and what's basically the exact same thing just with power scaled up, and even that's without even beginning about stuff like senpo or whatever other things add an additional component to the chakra >_> like by this line of thought you'd have to list every single jutsu you can put senjutsu into, or then you mystically can't do it for some reason, same deal with other stuff that adds a component.

No thanks.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 11:12:17 AM »

And as per the vote thread on Should There Be a Standardized Method of fighting which seems to be something we all agree that No, there should not be....well this is just another way to force the issue by skirting around the vote, in my opinion.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 11:40:06 PM »

And as per the vote thread on Should There Be a Standardized Method of fighting which seems to be something we all agree that No, there should not be....well this is just another way to force the issue by skirting around the vote, in my opinion.

In my opinion, you're wrong. This is about listing what you have, not about telling you how to fight.

And that gets into the whole realm of what is a different jutsu, and what's basically the exact same thing just with power scaled up, and even that's without even beginning about stuff like senpo or whatever other things add an additional component to the chakra >_> like by this line of thought you'd have to list every single jutsu you can put senjutsu into, or then you mystically can't do it for some reason, same deal with other stuff that adds a component.

No thanks.

As you can tell no one is going to vote for things to get that strict. ;)
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2015, 01:30:13 AM »

No thanks.

As you can tell no one is going to vote for things to get that strict. ;)

Exactly, so why promote it in the first place? Generalized bios should be indicative enough that jutsu are valid: KGs, tools, Summons, and such without having to lay it all out with a slide rule, in explicit detail. I am not a fan of ninja not having any tricks to pull because they have to show their entire tool kit.

More book keeping that just creates issues where I have to spend more time dealing with maximum butt coverage than actually RPing to earn the powers I am claiming in the first place and being a host that is active on the boards!

Should people be forced to keep a bio.
no
Encouraged?
sure
With every aspect of everything they are, have done, and will ever do.
no, no, and no.

If I wave my hands around in the air, create some kata and shoot water out of my mouth, I should not even have to name it, let alone have a name for every color, size, shape it assumes, and distance it travels...and to list them all in such detail...pft, get real.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2015, 08:59:39 PM »

... If I wave my hands around in the air, create some kata and shoot water out of my mouth, I should not even have to name it, let alone have a name for every color, size, shape it assumes, and distance it travels...and to list them all in such detail...pft, get real.

As long as you state how much water (relative, I don't need the cm cubed play by play), how fast, etc., give necessary details, then naming it is indeed arbitrary. Just don't leave any important details out though, or confusion might ensue. Interpretation differences are fairly common.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2015, 04:48:50 AM »

agreed. my RP should be detailed enough to make it clear exactly what I am doing.

I don't want someone pointing to a bio and saying, "Uhm...you can't do that cause you never said you could" 6 years ago when I made the damned thing. Nor should I be mandated to have such a document in existence. My RP should stand on its own without red tape, or the lack thereof, mucking it up.

side note: never edit a bio page while multitasking...had to take my webs one down cause the weapons page was eaten. Now there are just emo songs in its place.  :smt022 :smt021
Surely I am not the only tech challenged person alive and you can see an additional aversion I have to the notion of obligatory bios.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2015, 11:45:23 PM »

agreed. my RP should be detailed enough to make it clear exactly what I am doing.

I don't want someone pointing to a bio and saying, "Uhm...you can't do that cause you never said you could" 6 years ago when I made the damned thing. Nor should I be mandated to have such a document in existence. My RP should stand on its own without red tape, or the lack thereof, mucking it up.

side note: never edit a bio page while multitasking...had to take my webs one down cause the weapons page was eaten. Now there are just emo songs in its place.  :smt022 :smt021
Surely I am not the only tech challenged person alive and you can see an additional aversion I have to the notion of obligatory bios.

And if it isn't (for your fighter) and the fight progresses where the other fighter thought you were doing one thing and you thought you were doing another? Does the judge make a decision based on how they can interpret it then? Do they take bios into account at all, or is that personal preference?
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 16 queries.