Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Explicit and Implicit Powers of the Council (Discussion)  (Read 2211 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Explicit and Implicit Powers of the Council (Discussion)
« on: December 07, 2015, 03:49:23 PM »

What are they? I know that in general they fall under "enforce the rules" but anything beyond that?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Explicit and Implicit Powers of the Council (Discussion)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 08:04:30 PM »

Good question.

What if:

They are the ones who settle issues concerning stripping of a host, as well as issuing warnings to challengers and hosts. Once they are alerted to an alleged violation of the rules by a participant, they would investigate and determine the outcome based on the set of rules we have created.

If a rule does not cover the specific situation, they are to discuss and decide an outcome. Then they are to bring that particular matter which we did not account for to our attention so that we may convene and craft a rule to be in place should that situation arise again. Their initial ruling and the finalized rule we craft need not agree. Their decision would stand for that one instance in the interest of expedience. Our crafting a rule to handle future instance would be to create a standard based on the opinions of a larger body of people than just the council, as this is how all the rules have been created. [Note: hosts were involved with making the rules but do not serve on the council, This keeps those who are most effected involved in the rule making process.] Certainly it may turn out that the council determination will be something we all agree upon and then may be adopted as THE rule for that situation without alteration.

If the vote goes that way, council members may not judge bijuu matches. If the vote turns out to be something else, then the council judging matches issues will be inserted in the list of duties as per the terms of the rule.

--> not really a power but an observation: So far most seem to agree that council members cannot be current hosts. Additionally, due to numbers of available participants to be upon the council, they need not have hosted a bijuu in the past but should be familiar with RP etiquette and Naruto lore/jutsu. I feel they should be rpers, but I do not suppose this is required if they are knowledgeable in the topic. You need not be able to do something in order to know how it works. Perhaps it is just me, but I think most people would be comfortable with them being an RPer. But this does not mean that a Naruto fan could not be knowledgeable enough to know his stuff and make a great council member. Just because of competent individual prefers to use their SL time to visit and level rather than to RP, does not mean they would be bad council members.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 06:52:42 PM »

Good question.

What if:

They are the ones who settle issues concerning stripping of a host, as well as issuing warnings to challengers and hosts. Once they are alerted to an alleged violation of the rules by a participant, they would investigate and determine the outcome based on the set of rules we have created.

If a rule does not cover the specific situation, they are to discuss and decide an outcome. Then they are to bring that particular matter which we did not account for to our attention so that we may convene and craft a rule to be in place should that situation arise again. Their initial ruling and the finalized rule we craft need not agree. Their decision would stand for that one instance in the interest of expedience. Our crafting a rule to handle future instance would be to create a standard based on the opinions of a larger body of people than just the council, as this is how all the rules have been created. [Note: hosts were involved with making the rules but do not serve on the council, This keeps those who are most effected involved in the rule making process.] Certainly it may turn out that the council determination will be something we all agree upon and then may be adopted as THE rule for that situation without alteration.

If the vote goes that way, council members may not judge bijuu matches. If the vote turns out to be something else, then the council judging matches issues will be inserted in the list of duties as per the terms of the rule.

--> not really a power but an observation: So far most seem to agree that council members cannot be current hosts. Additionally, due to numbers of available participants to be upon the council, they need not have hosted a bijuu in the past but should be familiar with RP etiquette and Naruto lore/jutsu. I feel they should be rpers, but I do not suppose this is required if they are knowledgeable in the topic. You need not be able to do something in order to know how it works. Perhaps it is just me, but I think most people would be comfortable with them being an RPer. But this does not mean that a Naruto fan could not be knowledgeable enough to know his stuff and make a great council member. Just because of competent individual prefers to use their SL time to visit and level rather than to RP, does not mean they would be bad council members.

agreed

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 05:10:02 AM »

Seems reasonable enough.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 05:17:55 AM »

I don't think they should have to wait to be alerted about violations. I think they should have the privelage/right to prosecute if they find the violation themselves.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 05:27:09 AM »

I don't think they should have to wait to be alerted about violations. I think they should have the privelage/right to prosecute if they find the violation themselves.

I don't see why not. If a cop sees someone committing a crime he's allowed, if not expected, to stop it, he doesn't have to wait for someone to call it in.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 05:44:27 AM »

Seems like a good enough idea.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 11:13:14 PM by Rusaku »
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 06:52:46 AM »

Provided they can't just act alone for whatever they do see without even a word to rest of council, because that's no cop, that's a vigilante.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 08:07:33 AM »

Sighs...

I will have to think about the council just stepping in to do something before I comment.

seriously, if not one is bringing them a problem, then it must be fine and not require intervention. But I don't know how I feel about it just yet. Seems like just another way to make it possible for council members to be judges of matches.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 08:09:00 AM »

I was thinking more along the lines of a councilor personally seeing someone breaking the bijuu rules, not in match stuff

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 08:17:47 AM »

ah. sure. if they see someone doing that.
like not making their forum info thread. to message them about it. or not including the grace period dates and those sort of things.
or...some stuff they won't be able to tell right away unless someone complains.
but as long as it is not judging a match...

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 01:00:24 PM »

Topic revive (saved from making this topic again yay!).

Do we want the Council members to be, basically, the law/rule enforcement and that's it? Because that seems like where this discussion tapered off (combined with the "no judging" thread/vote).

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 07:22:34 PM »

Topic revive (saved from making this topic again yay!).

Do we want the Council members to be, basically, the law/rule enforcement and that's it? Because that seems like where this discussion tapered off (combined with the "no judging" thread/vote).

That was my understanding

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 03:32:26 AM »

I was thinking they are the enforcers of the rules. They don't step in until a problem arises.

Optimally, people should be able to handle issues on their own, just pointing to the rules if they are fleshed out well enough.

If we don't have a rule made to handle it, then they would decide what to do for that one time instance until a rule to handle it is created by 'us'...or whoever 'us' is at the time.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.