Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Should there be IC hunts? (VOTE!)  (Read 2293 times)

Mei

• View Profile
Should there be IC hunts? (VOTE!)
« on: December 08, 2015, 04:41:07 PM »

I think it's time we put this to a vote. So let's this out of the way.

I vote no and because of such, all matches are OOC (obviously).

It seems like instead of promoting RP, there are being used to avoid challengers.
Too many threads being created around this one issue so let's get rid of it.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Should there be IC hunts? (VOTE!)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 05:04:54 PM »

I also vote no.

Once we know these rules work and that everyone has agreed to follow them we could try and make ic rules

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 06:06:32 PM »

I vote No.

Regardless if your beast is being used in an ICRP atm, fight for it. There's honestly much more trouble from going IC RP to IC hunt + Fight than there is losing your beast during an IC with it and making something up when the IC is finished or during as to why it's gone.

Is it really such a big deal to finish an ICRP (after you lost your beast) while still being the "host" (as to not interrupt it) but adding to the story why you lost it? Like, on your way back home after the ICRP, you decide to take a walk outside the village where you come across Mr. Skeltal who lunges at you with Calcium. You lose and the last words you hear are "doot doot". You wake up and you feel drained, your beast is gone, and blah. I don't know. Practically a forest fight with more story, but less drama.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 07:32:17 PM »

I as well have to vote no.

The IC hunt system simple host to many flaws. Flaws I feel will never ever actually be able to get fixed 100%. The loopholes it presents are madness.

This isn't to say one can't still lose the beast IC wise of course. But I don't see why that issue must have its own name. Going after a host IC wise should be no different as going after a missing-nin or a Kage. Plus this makes it to where host can't hide from challengers. If you can't reach them IC wise just issue the OOC challenge.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 09:23:50 PM »

Should I vote no, I will have to bear witness to the fact that the biju can supposedly be lost IC yet still, and there are no rules but troublesome personal RP rules governing that. At least, by and large, people will just challenge OOC for the beast and save the drama, but that makes it considerably easier to lose a beast. Then again, it is something I advocated a long time ago, to make the beasts pretty much OOC trophies that have no effect on RP.

Should I vote yes, I will have to bear witness to the fact that the IC hunt system will also be running, more or less, on RP rules (with the way things are going down in other threads) and people will find any way possible to hang onto the biju, in some cases rightfully so.

With that reasoning in mind, I am going to have to say no to IC hunts. It cuts down on needed legislation to minimize drama.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 09:32:43 PM »

Yes. Bijuu should be hunt-able through RP.

Considering that this has been THE fundamental issue that is causing a rift here...to just ban it at this time before discussions have been successfully concluded is something I feel will put us right back at the start of these proceedings and undo all our work.

Work that I might add has been quite productive.

The option to be hunted should remain and OOC matches should not be mandatory. Not all matches are OOC [obviously: character death occurs]

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 03:08:29 AM »

No. I advocated for IC hunts, but as you can all tell they clearly didn't work out and people just use them to avoid challenges and make things complicated. While yes they could work out under the new council, it would save everyone the headache if they were just made OOC again.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 04:02:48 AM »

No. I advocated for IC hunts, but as you can all tell they clearly didn't work out and people just use them to avoid challenges and make things complicated. While yes they could work out under the new council, it would save everyone the headache if they were just made OOC again.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 06:01:35 AM »

There should be no IC hunts, but I am not sure why people are saying they should remain OOC trophies.

Like Kirk said, there should be no rules for "Hunting" Ic and it should be handled the same way we go after people of interest anywhere else in the game. If you get killed as a host, then whomever killed you gets the spoils. Just like with special weapons like the 7 swords or any other relic.

I just don't like that people are hiding behind IC hunts as a means to avoid challengers; much like everyone else who has voted.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:45:16 AM by Rusaku »
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 06:05:23 AM »

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 07:27:56 AM »

Shouldn't this be reworded to include the tidbit Bocchi brought up about not having them >for now<? Because over there people seem quite okay with trying to work them up later after base rules are up, so (unless reworded) it basically moots the point of this vote.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:28:31 AM by Warren »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2015, 05:10:49 PM »

Shouldn't this be reworded to include the tidbit Bocchi brought up about not having them >for now<? Because over there people seem quite okay with trying to work them up later after base rules are up, so (unless reworded) it basically moots the point of this vote.

An amendment can always be made later on that permits the IC hunts again.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2015, 09:14:21 PM »

This is my point,

How can you vote to void or approve something that does not exist? What IC hunt rules? Where are they?

Before trying to set up a system that allows this option, you seek to ban or approve it when we don't even know what THAT is.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 16 queries.