Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Should Beast be able to be sealed in objects? (DISCUSSION)  (Read 2101 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Should Beast be able to be sealed in objects? (DISCUSSION)
« on: December 09, 2015, 06:46:18 PM »

Pretty simple subject. Should a host be able to seal a beast in an object? This being that they don't want to host or summon it?

The object could be anything I suppose that makes sense.  A sealing jar blah blah blah, the Senju Scroll for example. It has nine places to seal the biju for collecting purposes.

I see no issue with this as the person would still have to accept the OOC challenges and defend their right to the beast.

It could very well be used by villages as a holding placement for the beast until host found.

I know that has caused issues in the past but if we make a strict ruling about it then it shouldn't be a problem. For example: village can host beast in sealed object with the set conditions- a champion must defend all OOC challenges for host with a one week grace period, this champion must be announced upon the village receiving the beast, if champion fails to accept challenges or goes inactive said village losses said beast. Something along those lines.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Should Beast be able to be sealed in objects? (DISCUSSION)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 07:03:44 PM »

No. I am fine with it being sealed *temporarily* until a suitable host is found but even this method has it's time limit of about a week. I am totally fine with partitions of the beasts' chakra being sealed into inanimate objects but it would have no use, unless you plan on making either a pseudo-Jinchuuriki or Juubi in general.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 07:44:06 PM »

No.

I too am fine with the beast being sealed away pending the agreed upon time limit, I have proposed 14 days in the stripping the beast thread (post#3), but picking a new host is the objective here and must conclude in a timely fashion.

Additionally, 14 days was already adopted in the concluded sections of the stripping a host clause (post #4).

I feel that a host should serve as the vessel of containment and only summons an extra beast. [I do not feel summoning should be permitted nor multi-beasts, but that is beside the point due to previous votes]

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 11:16:46 PM »

No. I am fine with it being sealed *temporarily* until a suitable host is found but even this method has it's time limit of about a week. I am totally fine with partitions of the beasts' chakra being sealed into inanimate objects but it would have no use, unless you plan on making either a pseudo-Jinchuuriki or Juubi in general.

That's where this was leading.

See the Senju scroll holds all the beast by function. It can then be plugged in so to say to the Senju gran tree granting it the power of te nine beast or a massive chakra house.

It isn't the 10 tails or works nothing like it. Just becomes a massive chakra supply and one deadly ass try.

It was a plot of mine back before the ten tails come along. I just never did it. The Hokage necklace grants the power to wield the tree at that point.

It was at a time I was gonna make Uetto bad and plot to take over all the nations and rebuild one nation. World domination so to say.

This was basically leading into if something of the sort was permitted.

I know people shun a ten tail host but something like this had limited power. Plus take out the guy controling it and you get the picture. Easier to beat.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 01:38:44 AM »

You know how I feel about the Senju Tree Autohitting everyone in the world to leech their chakra.

Why would I ever agree to it housing a bijuu?

Not that the amount of chakra left in the bijuu would be significantly less or any of that, but handing out defective and tampered bijuu is not really the point of putting it someplace until it can be hosted either.  And could the Hokage then say some sort of his control over the tree infected the beast and thus claim control over the beast?

I would do that...I would SOOOO make that claim. So don't say no one would. lol That's one powerful necklace. >.> Is that a canon power of the thing or custom? Serious question, I don't know the answer.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 01:42:58 AM »

If there are no IC hunts, then technically it would not matter if they decide to seal it in a object. >.>
But if the host is using the 'IC hunt' approach, then no.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 04:06:00 AM »

I really don't know why someone would seal a beast away where they couldn't use it (aside from a prideful "I don't need it to hold onto it" sort of thing).

As long as they can accept challenges for it and don't claim that it being sealed away = no one being able to find it, I'm fine with it.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 04:14:54 AM »

I really don't know why someone would seal a beast away where they couldn't use it (aside from a prideful "I don't need it to hold onto it" sort of thing).

As long as they can accept challenges for it and don't claim that it being sealed away = no one being able to find it, I'm fine with it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 04:15:05 AM »

Pretty simple subject. Should a host be able to seal a beast in an object? This being that they don't want to host or summon it?

The object could be anything I suppose that makes sense.  A sealing jar blah blah blah, the Senju Scroll for example. It has nine places to seal the biju for collecting purposes.

I see no issue with this as the person would still have to accept the OOC challenges and defend their right to the beast.

It could very well be used by villages as a holding placement for the beast until host found.

I know that has caused issues in the past but if we make a strict ruling about it then it shouldn't be a problem. For example: village can host beast in sealed object with the set conditions- a champion must defend all OOC challenges for host with a one week grace period, this champion must be announced upon the village receiving the beast, if champion fails to accept challenges or goes inactive said village losses said beast. Something along those lines.

Indefinitely? No. Might as well void them from RP if they are going to be in a jar or similar place of containment indefinitely.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 08:44:20 AM »

By logic the only thing that can hold them indefinitely is Rikudou Sennin's amber jar, I think the name was. With anything else inevitably either the seal will break, or if you keep reinforcing it the container will break instead.

And most people don't like rikudou things, soooo...nah. Can seal, but not indefinitely.

As for the tree thing, that's getting into the whole shinju thing, which is a whole other can of worms.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.