Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Zoning Etiquette, Zoning Rules, and RP practices  (Read 6104 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Zoning Etiquette, Zoning Rules, and RP practices
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2015, 11:59:40 PM »

Yet now look at you, had all kinds of interactions after my event, now leading teostra rescue with several people involved, otokage, et cetera >> indeed it is all so very terrible with nothing good about it at all.

That's what I meant. NOW, everything's fine and dandy and I'm enjoying myself here quite a bit. But back when I first got started, it was a different thing. My point was kind of along the lines that this place isn't too friendly towards newer people, but with enough time and effort those people may too find a place of acceptance.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2015, 04:58:38 AM »

And this is WHY it is important to attempt to be friendly toward each other and to new players. Words are all we have here, it is best to choose them wisely, especially when an attempt is being made to try and represent something that is going to look like rules and attitudes for the entire site.

You don't have to advertise that some people here might be unfriendly or inhospitable. Tell me where in the world you will find a place where this is not true? It's a given.

But the more welcoming we can be, the more likely it is that people will find encouragement to become involved with each other toward the goal of having fun.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2015, 12:00:31 PM »

I'll get to cracking on a new draft which may be a bit more "friendly", but before I get up, feel free to make drafts (or even mini-drafts) of yall own while I'm doing that *hint* *hint*.

That no auto-entry thing is something I didn't know about when I first joined. One of my first RP posts involved me leaving a building from within a village. How else are you supposed to get started if you don't 'auto-entry' from somewhere...

Generally, people don't go nuts if you auto-entry and not attack later. The rule was originally made because of attackers auto-entering and blowing up the place. When folks stopped trusting just anybody coming to the village auto as a result (or just copied the sentry thing), the sentry job became, well, a job to screen (somewhat) anyone not of the village who desires entry.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.