Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Handing away Biju  (Read 5991 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Handing away Biju
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2014, 05:16:46 PM »

Alright, since the commenting has calmed down and I have gotten some sleep, let's begin to look at this from my perspective.

TL,DR : Change the rules so that the host cannot give away their tailed beast, it can only go to tournament, use the current challenge rules for tournament; or just get rid of the tailed beasts altogether (;))

Tailed beasts were supposed to be, as stated, valuable. I wanted to get rid of them altogether, but that is a dead argument at this point. If we have to keep them, I felt that it should be good that one person does not horde them on a single account or whatever for an extended amount of time. That aside, we already know that there are very few current candidates for hosts: let's take Akatsuki for example. If one of us who currently has a beast leaves, the beasts inevitably would either go to Bocc or one of his alts (due to the decreasing number of suitable candidates in the organization).

With that background in mind, it is imperative that we figure out on what basis we are doing anything period.

ºHosts Must Committ to Active Statusº
Jinchūriki have an obligation to be active, and are stripped of their bijū if they cannot get online and do their round (1 post every week), regardless of the reason. The leader of their clan/organization will inherit the bijū; if the jinchūriki wasn't in a clan/organization, then a tournament/event can be arranged to determine a suitable host.

This is the rule that has been put up for the reason why something should even be done. If we are going to take passing off the beast due to upcoming activity as this rule, then the only ones that could get the tailed beast gifted are (if they are part of an organization/clan) the leader of the clan/organization. Otherwise, the beast would be gifted to a central pool for the sake of a tournament, which we have procrastinated FAR too long in making rules for.

Using this rule then, the biju gifting of the future would only ever go to tournament if the person is not affiliated with anyone or anything. Which is highly unlikely considering where the tailed beasts are at this moment.

Before I carry on, I would like to note that I would be the first to try to hunt Sabu's mormon crew down just to raid his wives cabinent. Not for children, but for the wives. >_>

Digression aside, the only way to discourage gifting among organization-mates would be to make a new rule specifically dealing with biju gifting of this and other sorts. The primary concern seems to be that the changing of hosts, after the challenger has waited so long to fight them, is unfair.

1] ºHow to Challenge a Jinchurikiº
 In order to challenge a Jinchuriki & obtain a Biju, one must extend an invitation to its host; this places you on the list of challengers that each host must update in a publicly accessibly spot. [Either as a post in this thread or on the wikia as a discussion topic on the tailed beasts page. Here]  The two will make all arrangements for when the match will begin and where. Should the Jinchuriki ignore or refuse the invitation(s)-with no reason given- 3 times consecutively, you may report it to other Jinchuriki. Subject for such an event's invitation, for proof & reference of a challenge, must be titled: (Number of tails) - (Name of Jinchuriki); the body of the message may be as you please (though manners & politeness would of course make things much smoother).

THIS rule would be a better place to start a petition for a change. It specifically states that you must extend an invitation to the host; there are no guidelines that state that a new host must inherit the challenger list of the prior. The only mention of the list:

ºChallenge Listº
For purposes of verification each host much keep a record of who is next on the challenge list. This avoids misconduct and is an aid to challengers when seeking a host to challenge. It is suggested this be posted on the NarutoProfiles Wikia as a forum discussion thread to the tailed beasts topic.

Does not include an inheritance portion to it. As a result, new hosts would not be obligated to follow the challenger list of their predecessor, because you are challenging the host, not the tailed beast, to battle.

This is unfair if there is a serious threat of host changing by exchange. Considering the mess that was done when the exchange was done late in the process, an earlier exchange more or less went more smoothly, but only presented the threat of exchange as more prevalent, especially since Athos is not a member of the Akatsuki (unless Shadow defected and forgot to tell anyone, which defectors sometimes do, to Athos' clan/organization).

Moving forward, the main point of this thread is to make host exchanges by gifting of biju less unfair for challengers in general. Implicitly (and I believe in my special rules, I would have to double-check) new hosts tend to inherit the challenge lists of their formers, though this is not necessarily required of them, so making it mandatory would not solve the problem.

Since the invitation is to that host, then you are signing up to fight that host by their rules. IF that host changes while you are on the list, then you would have to re-extend the invitation unless they decide to accept your previous one (as many people have done) and you are technically apart of a new que.

If this is deemed unfair, then the only solution is that host exchange while there are challengers on the list is not permitted, and that a tourney that excludes all current jinchurikii or biju summoners be held to determine its placing. While this would "solve" that issue, it would create one where now the challenger might STILL have to face an even stronger opponent in order to get the tailed beast. Granted, at least it would be contested I suppose, so for challengers, that would be a compromise.

However, this somewhat punishes jinch-heavy groups/clans/villages who's main activity base are hosts out of necessity. But allowing other jinchs  and biju summoners into this tournament would simply encourage them to stock up on biju for their accounts. Already two is the implied limit, and that by itself is a handful, unless you are someone people don't challenge frequently anyways.

As for the tournament rules, some basic guidelines can make sure activity does not get slowed without punishment, treat it as a massive biju challenge.

ºHow to declare a winnerº
The battle commences with the initial post & terminates once either combatant is unable to continue. Such a feat can result in several ways, including knock-outs (concussions, etc.), full paralysis, almost-fatal wounds & so forth. So long both parties declare it plausible & understand the longevity/risk of the claim, it's considered eligible for use. However, things can, of course, become debatable in attempt to reach such a goal & in doing so arguments are bound to commence. If need be, either party can have onlookers & such /dis/agree with the action until a verdict is reached. If desired, either party can have other hosts or officials of sorts represent them for a more "legitimized" (as some have called it) reasoning or "Back-up".

ºRulesº
Like any other zone fight, rules are established as support for completing the quarrel without need for troubles to arise. Those basic rules are also adopted into host-challenges. The rules are as follows [unless agreed upon both parties (with proof) to be something otherwise]

ºNo Auto-Hittingº
Auto-Hitting is recognized as being a direct action following through without consent of the opposing party.

ºNo God-Moddingº
God-Modding has been recognized as an incorrect claim of one or more super-powers incapable of one's possession or against what one's character establishes. Several other things have been regarded God-Modding such as dodging every attack, extreme maneuvers & such. If God-Modding should occur, the opposing party will object to it & things can be negotiated from there.

Let all of that be partly based off of the original rules the host had, in order to have continuity and consistency in that manner.

ºHosts Must Committ to Active Statusº
Jinchūriki have an obligation to be active, and are stripped of their bijū if they cannot get online and do their round (1 post every week), regardless of the reason. The leader of their clan/organization will inherit the bijū; if the jinchūriki wasn't in a clan/organization, then a tournament/event can be arranged to determine a suitable host.

This needs to be re-worded in order to specify RP or in the fight itself, but this can be adapted to the fight/tournament rules, and hence, a week is as long as you will be allowed to dally. Any longer and you are automatically disqualified, booted, cut from the line, proven to be the weakest link and thus cut from the chain, etc.

Who will host the tournament? Who will moderate and be judge for it? Well... We have moderators and GM's and people who don't care about biju. I say we have a halfway decent pool to choose from. The only criteria is that they are not (even with an alt) participating in the brawling.

Now, brunch awaits me. Discuss. If you would like to bask in the length of my post, you may do so, but I advise shades so that you can still read it. I didn't make this for my own writing sake ya know.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2014, 06:43:57 PM »

Like I said before i'm perfectly fine with moderating/hosting the tournaments, in fact I would love to do it. I'd have no problem excluding myself from said tournament and all that Jazz, because i'll actually put the work in to run the tournaments effectively

Even with a limit of two Biju per individual, people will inevitably used Alts to continue to horde their Biju mass, so instead of just allowing people to gift them away placing them within a tournament would be more of a fair way to regulate the beasts.

As far as fighting stronger opponents, first of all people should not enter the tournament and not expect to find experienced players participating. But for the sake of fairness players could be split into their respective brackets based on obvious skill levels, i.e we wouldn't put someone whom only possessed the Byakugan, against someone with a stack of Kg and abilities, utilizing this form of moderation we would be able to keep the stronger players fighting the stronger players and the weaker players fighting the weaker, at least until the finals where as whoever had made it that far will have to fight who ever else made it that far. Of course at the same time there wont always be weaker players to match up with weaker players and inevitably someone who doesn't have access to the same amounts of skills that some of the 'higher-ups' possess will end up fighting someone out of their league, but that can't really be avoided. If anything it gives initiative for players to improve their skills for the tournaments.

These tournament ideas also wouldn't be restricted to just Biju tournaments, provided we could get the proper resources we could possibly gift Dp to the winners, or possible some techniques or something, just something to have as a prize.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2014, 12:42:59 AM »

Laammmmeee

This topic, in my opinion, was only brought up because of people and their more selfish wants.
"Athos got a beast handed to him? Well, damn, I wish I had friends like him! Let's make the Bijuu rules even more detailed and complicated just so they can be tossed into a tourney!"

That's all this boils down to. Someone is, all in all, upset that the Bijuu wasn't a handout to them but to someone else. Had one of the people who started this topic been the one who had a Bijuu handed to them then this topic wouldn't even exist. I think it's utterly selfish, but I'm sure nothing but angry denial from my post.

SL can't even formulate working chuunin exams and you want to put together tourneys for Bijuu? I've always thought that was ridiculous and now, it seems, it is time to voice that opinion. I agree with what Shadow had said;

Give it to the next challenger on the list and if there is no one, then the person with the beast should give it to whom they choose.

Besides, wasn't the rules of a tourney only for being stripped of inactivity? I haven't read the pages in of this talk, so please excuse me if I'm out of the loop. But there is a huge difference between giving one away and losing one from inactivity. Actually, this was one of the most common ways Bijuu got around not too long ago here on SL.

Do you know how many crappy battles and tourneys would have had to been set up? Countless. So in this case, where the Two Tails and Six tails were given away in a single week. So would it be a single tourney and the winner gets both? Or would there have to be two whole separate tourneys?

I think it's silly.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2014, 02:26:31 AM »

Admittedly, you should read a topic before you comment so you CAN be in the loop and know what you are talking about with confidence.

Uhm...Excuse me? We most certainly do have working Chuunin Exams and Jounin Exams too, thank you very much.

Anyone else insulted here? lol

oh yeah...the cry babies who didn't get a bijuu for Christmas.

WELL I GOT ONE ONE TIME AND I SAY IT IT NOT FAIR!!!

Count me in the cry baby arena too!

WHOOT!!

I WON a Jounin Exams for Pete's sake, I am offended as well. :(

And if the challengers are finding the current system unfair, then I proposed a way to try to assuage that. If that's not the consensus, then we carry on. That's all I can currently add to this discussion.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2014, 02:46:03 AM »

I didn't make this topic because I was upset that you got the Six tails, Bud. I made this topic because I saw it as unfair. I couldn't care less who gets handed anything, I just wanted to implore a more FAIR system of doing things, as well as open up RP activity.

If you had read the thread, you would know that I even mentioned that this hasn't effected me directly. You know why it hasn't? Because I don't care about hand outs. As much as i've been snarled at since I started on this site (Before Ichirou) about RP being so important to get techs and all that Jazz I just think it's stupid to see people passing Biju around.

The only reason that any thing such as Tournaments wouldn't work is because there are people who are too lazy to actually conduct real rp. We people like Kayenta do proactive things (like revitalizing the missions) they bring rp activity to the site. That's what i'm trying to do with this. I've also stated that these tournaments also aren't Solely based upon Biju, I want to bring them into the world for Roleplay. So slander me all you want about how i'm butthurt about Biju, but I couldn't care less about getting passed one in such a simple way.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2014, 08:28:17 AM »

You know Kumogakure cares when we disperse the Bijuu after obtaining all of them. But this really has nothing to do with the topic does it? Happy Holidays!
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2014, 06:27:13 PM »

You know Kumogakure cares when we disperse the Bijuu after obtaining all of them. But this really has nothing to do with the topic does it? Happy Holidays!

I'm going to add some salty 'Grinch-ness' to these happy holidays. >>

Kumogakure did nothing. The word 'we' is not the right word to use here. Zenaku is just one person. Zenaku did it, even then he was given like 1/2 of them or 1/3 or some shit if I remember correctly.

#Kumogakurebijuuvillage
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2014, 10:19:01 PM »

Hold up, waaaiiitttt

We gon' rock it till the wheels fall off

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2014, 12:11:18 AM »

Yeah I captured the 2 tails for Kumo back then. Dat fight with Luka was something alright.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2014, 06:04:25 AM »

I'm not saying Kumo nin weren't involved, just that Kumo didn't do an all out thing. They were cooperated with and RP was thought out, bijuu were given to the village.

Koji, the way he worded it was very egocentric. Saying we should be grateful.

Bah Humbug.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2014, 07:09:33 AM »

Shadow, you are such a scrooge.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2014, 07:40:56 AM »

I would have to agree with Shadow on that mark, just from the experience Konoha had with its tailed beasts ending up in the hands of Zenaku. Yeah, Kumo helped, but the outcome would have been very different without Zenaku being Zenaku.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2014, 07:58:11 AM »

I'm just wondering what happens when Akatsuki gets all the bijuu. After Bocc does his 10 tails thing.

Probably going to hand them back out.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 08:23:43 AM by Shadowxx »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2014, 08:21:57 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vfst0yNkmg

Above link does contain music by Eminem, so if you're not allowed to listen to him, don't click on the link. However since your parents don't filter what you do, you'll probably click on it anyway.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 08:25:41 AM by Shadowxx »

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 17 queries.