Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Should Speed Buffs Stack?  (Read 3571 times)

Rusaku

• View Profile
Re: Should Speed Buffs Stack?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2015, 07:37:59 PM »

I've looked through this topic and would like to state my opinion. Speed is a touchy subject in a game where everything is in our heads because, as Riku said, people always react to everything. Even if you did something sneaky that meant a bomb would go off right next to someone's head, they would likely still react to it. Everyone seems to also take from the Naruto powerlevel cap and add onto it (I won't lie, I'm guilty of this too).

But the problem come from everyone being super fast and just becoming super faster. You can make calculations and add math into it if you want to make it less fun (for some), but then people will just outmath you (see Marvel/DC comics). I believe being descriptive and also trying to physically adjust your character based on the situation is the best thing.

Such as with Becquerel. I don't often use his jet boosters, but when I do I make it so that he can't really see what's happening during this time because his speed is faster than his eyes can take in. (kind of like this guy for One Piece fans http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Kuro) Sure, he can move fast at max speed, but then he's kind of just barreling through things without knowing what's going on. Perhaps other people can limit their characters somehow by basically adding a debuff to the super-speed. Such as increased stamina drain, joint damage, dizziness, etc.

Well, it's nice that you do that Bec, but no one else does, and if they say they do, it's to make them look better in the public eye.

I find it annoying as all get out that everyone can react to the speeds allotted by these various buffs when they have none themselves.

Sorry Sharingan users out there, but seeing my attack a microsecond before it is executed does not make your body react fast enough to evade the 7th gate while you are base -_-

And Riku, Sage mode is already nerfed. It seems like no one understands that sage mode actually boosts your shit, so they react the same either way.

TL;DR This game, and the people playing it, sucks.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 06:32:15 PM »

Why on earth would you need to take the transformation that is faster than the transformation that is faster than the speed anyone else can have AND MAKE IT FASTER...

Because Shinobi Legends (which all of us pretty much are) do that kind of stuff regularly? Orochimaru, Kabuto, freaking Madara and Obito, stacking stuff on top of other stuff is by no means nonsensical when the average, powerful fighting character is on par with the aforementioned, if not superior.

Why do Rinnegan users need to have any buffs period other than the 6 paths powers? Those powers alone wrecked Konoha in the canon. Why combined senjutsu and tailed beast chakra? I could go on a few more examples, but I think you get the jist.

I've had people ask me, "How would you beat someone using Raiton no Yoroi, Sage Mode, and 8 Gates for super speed?" and I think to myself man that is dumb. I do not think we should continue acting like all of these speed buffs stack.

Sage mode and nine-tails cloak stack in the canon, so I don't see why those wouldn't stack. It might kill the average person, but if someone is claiming all three of those it's fairly unlikely that he/she is RPing as an "average" person.

...Lightning Armor should be the fastest speed to anyone not the 9 tails host (even then I rp'd it as just a notable step up from Raiton no Yoroi, not that it makes me The Flash)...

If we're going to be technical, Madara and Obito had little trouble taking on the speed of Naruto's 9-tails cloak. Be it a silent nerf or whatever, the only thing, speed-wise, that caught them off guard was the likes of hiraishin (Tobirama and Minato). And many Uchiha-Rinnegan users RP at the level of Madara and Obito if not greater and have the sensory skills (extrasensory) to sense it coming. So it's no wonder that in order to try to use speed as a viable tool you have to really, really, get ridculous with the speed buffs in order to have an argument that "bruh, I'm faster than you can react" with any top-tier Shinobilegend.

If RNY is going to be used as the basis as the fastest we can go, EXCLUDING things like KCM, and other allowed cloaks. How are people without KCM or other not being named cloaks, counter those people who are explicitly faster?

Twitch jutsu. Maybe you're faster than I can move, but not faster than I can think and expel chakra. Hiraishin ftw.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2015, 07:14:00 PM »

It's just an asinine amount of speed that doesn't really accomplish anything.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.