Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hero's Guild: Dungeons 101  (Read 5427 times)

Hazama

• View Profile
Hero's Guild: Dungeons 101
« on: December 20, 2015, 11:01:42 AM »

Down one of the paths within Carne Forest was the opening to a dungeon carved into the side of a large hill. There was a slight clearing around the entrance of the cave, save for a few rocks. On one of the rocks sat the six foot and seven inch man atop a rock big enough for his form, legs crossed. He wore the elegant and symbolic outfit of the guild leader, it being a surprisingly strong and reliable piece of armor. What was to note more importantly was the white gauntlets over his hands, that were lean and sleek, complimenting his outfit. On his waist was a black case holding a long weapon, though the hilt was also beautifully designed. His crimson hair, which was like silk, came down only a few inches past his waist. He sat with his arms on his lap, taking a deep breath and meditating as he waited for the group of people to arrive. He had heard word from Palom that they should be on their way soon.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 11:02:03 AM by Athos »
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
Re: Hero's Guild: Dungeons 101
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 08:03:21 PM »

The raven haired Nara glided trough the forest, much like a bird as his feet barely touched the branches of the trees. He was glad to be out in the open air like this, his hair billowing behind him like the waves of the sea. He wore the basic Guild Armor, with his various weapons on display on his person, the amulet not as it was beneath his shirt for protection mostly. His crimson eyes caught of glimpse of the clearing the map had shown, it was just behind a cluster of trees ahead. A wide grin split his face as he jumped through the cluster, a small explosion of leaves would break around his body, signalling his entrance into the clearing. Unfortunately without another tree to land on, he came down to the floor of the clearing, about 10 yards away from where he spied the Guild Leader on the rock. He didn't know who he was, but his armor was awesome as hell and he seemed to be waiting for them. Knowing the expedition was assigned by the Guild Leader, he could only assume this was Athos. He walked a few yards closer to the man and gave him a bow, expecting his team to do the same. "Greetings Leader-sama, sorry to keep you waiting." Despite standing at 6 feet himself, he could already tell he was gonna be towered over by this mountain of a man.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 08:17:00 PM »

Ichirou was close behind Jay as he traveled through the forest, choosing instead to stick to shadows of the ground, the treetops providing excellent cover as he moved through everything, Jay's entrance to the forest was followed quickly by the white haired wolfs, staying close behind him as he greeted the man that waited for the duo.

Of course Ichirou knew the identity of this man, though for the sake of anonymity he would shoot the Guild leader a smirk followed by a bow, but no words, instead he turned around to see if the third of the members were close behind them, sniffing the air a bit to see if he could pick up Ray's scent, provided that he was not just as close to the rest of the team as he was expected to be.

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 02:55:19 AM »

Just as the other two had, Ray himself was quickly in tow of the other as he arrived a few feet of the leader. Ray himself is dwarfed in height as he was only 5'10, and his ax was 6 feet long. He wore the guilds simple armor as it helped conceal his wounds from the earlier ent fight. His hair was short and blue, like his eyes, which may be a little odd but then again who isn't. "Hello guild leader, I think we are all ready to get the info on dungeon hunting."
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Hero's Guild: Dungeon Crawling 101
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 05:59:09 AM »

As the group came clearly into view, the man would have opened his eyes and watched each as they bowed or gave their greetings. Of course, he knew one of the three men easily, though the details of that were unimportant. Once he had their attention fully, he would have moved to casually uncross his legs and then stepped off the rock, standing at that towering six feet and seven inch tall stature that he was infamous for. Out of the four people there, even Ichirou, Athos had more experience when it came to dungeon crawling, monster hunting, and things of the sort... But, then again, Athos was also a good many years older than anyone else here.

Athos offered them a charming smile before speaking,"It is a pleasure to finally get to meet all of you, especially the two new recruits. I heard you slew an Ent," Athos remarked as his eyes cast towards Ray as he let the man know that the Guild Leader had taken note of his actions,"Impressive stuff, Ray Iburi." His eyes fell onto Jay,"And you... A simple thief, eh?" Of course, the glimmer in his eyes and the way that they scanned the chain around his necklace, to the thing hidden beneath his shirt. He nodded his head at the man,"Know that I'm watching you closely, Jay Nara."

He established that he knew what the men had done, even something more secret such as the Amulet and what it may have been capable of, as well as other things. Of course, he tossed his eyes to 'Wolf' for only a moment before turning his attention back to everyone,"Now, obviously enough, you all have come here to learn the basic of dungeons. As well as get your feet wet. During this expedition, I don't want any of you trying to play hero. Dungeons exist to drag Heroes like us to our graves, don't think that they can't just because you're confident. It takes more than that to survive a dungeon, and even more than that to clear a dungeon." He nodded his head, gesturing to the cave opening behind him,"Basic standard procedure says that we stick close, usually with someone leading, the tank or shield, and someone in the back, the archer or strategist. It is also good to have someone to take command, like a leader," He gestured to himself before continuing,"But I will actually be trying to do the least amount during this expedition, unless the situation calls for it. This isn't for me to show off."

He took in a deep breath and addressed the men again,"Ray, I'll start off leading us but eventually, you'll be in front. Jay, I want you in the back with your bow. And 'Wolf', you can be in the middle with me." He nodded his head, golden hues scanning the faces of the men before him,"Questions, concerns, complaints?"

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 07:06:37 AM »

The prospect of not leading the group filled him with a feeling he had not completely identified yet. His crimson eyes cast a customary glance towards the mouth of the dungeon ahead, a question popping in his mind as he looked back to the man. "What type of monsters are inside? Their skills? Their weaknesses? How deep does it go? Is there a respawn system in place, or is it just a one and done?" Just cause he was wet behind the ears concerning the guild, didn't mean he was when it came to fighting monsters.

His eyes narrowed in thought as he tried to stretch his senses into the dungeon, but found nothing as of yet. He'd never been inside of a dungeon, but he could barely contain his excitement, a wide grin splitting his face, a row of sharp teeth making themselves known to those who could see them. He had one last question, his grin leaving his face.
"How will we determine who gets what in the dungeon?" Were things split evenly or was the last hit to kill the one to get the reward? It was very important to know these things before he ventured inside with everyone else.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 07:53:20 PM by JayJay »

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 08:07:08 AM »

Ichirou cracked a undeniable smirk across his lips, he was loving this already and it was only going to get better. As the order of troops were established Ichirou would trigger his item seal to summon his bow, before seemingly breaking it into two pieces, the draw string retracting in to one of the ends as they released a distinct click and the edges of the now blades sharpened as if on command, he would then holster the weaponry onto a more convenient back holster that he had on his person

"Well. Provided that things within here can actually be sensed, I can set up a sensory field around us that will stretch a bit, it's not the best that could be done, but it's what I have to offer with my Paper ninjutsu as of right now." he commented, giving his strategic input to the situation. "Is there any chance we've got some form of idea of what is actually in there enemy wise? Also is it safe to assume that we're the first to ever step foot in here? If so, then that would mean that we should probably keep eyes open for traps, no? Seeing as there hasn't been anyone in there before to trigger them and die. Unless there has been." This was one of Ichirou's biggest concerns, sure he could fashion torches and things of the like and he assumed he wasn't the only one here who could do so, but the idea of traps attacking them from unknown directions and means meant that the structure itself bore an element of surprise. It was going to be difficult enough carving there was through the beasts that reside here, let alone having to worry about spikes and firetraps bursting out of the walls. 

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 08:54:08 AM »

He grinned as the Guild Leader commended his fight with the ent and had one, of course the other two had already asked the questions he himself would have asked and feel it redundant to ask again."I will gladly take lead when told to sir. I am most confident in my abilities. And I can tank quite well due to my affinity to Earth and explosions."He would shoulder his Ax upon his right shoulder like it was nothing, though a person not used to the weight would find it strenuous to keep on their shoulder for any length of time.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 04:25:42 AM »

Athos took in their questions, questions that he had mostly expected to get, and dismissed them all with a swipe of his head,"I've always been a 'hands-on' type of teacher, so you know. I will not tell you about the monsters, their weaknesses, or anything else about the Dungeon. While I have scouted out most of the first floor myself, most of the traps are inactive still, so that is also something to keep in mind. Of course, if I thought any of you had an overly large risk of death inside this dungeon, none of you would be stepping foot inside." He nodded again and then addressed the questions he would answer,"It is safe to tell you all that only the Byakugan can really help see them, seeing as monsters don't generate chakra, even if they can use elements. It's a weird phenomenon but one that can't really be explained. Which also means attacks that absorb chakra won't do you much good."

"The depth of the dungeon is unimportant, because we will only be exploring parts of the first floor. We aren't aiming to run into Mini-Bosses or anything crazy, just the basics. And while respawning is something of a slight concern, monsters respawn only after, no less than, twelve hours. And they time is further increased when the Guardian, or Boss, of the floor has been beaten." His eyes swept over the men once again before he nodded, gesturing for the group to take formation and then follow as Athos entered the depths of the dungeon.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 04:54:05 AM »

'Twelve hours?...' The time limit of the respawn rang in his mind, plans of visiting the dungeon in his down time already being put in motion. First he'd have to survive this tutorial, which it will be called for now. He would have to find that out the fun way. As he began following the man, he thought about these Guardians, each floor had one. If the respawn time extended with its death, then it must control them in some way. He tucked that topic in the back of his mind and like Wolf, began moving his bow in preparation. Removing it from around him, he held it firmly in his left hand.

He still hadn't answered his last question, but that would have to be a hands-on experience as well. He had to match sure to keep track on the arrows he shoots and the ones in his quiver.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2015, 01:25:14 AM »

Ichirou nodded his head at the mention of hands-on teaching. Something that could be expected from someone like Athos. And he drew his swords once more as he stepped into formation, following in line as they would begin their trek into the depths of the structure. If the Byakugan was useful in the detection of these beasts, then it was possible that his Gelel sensing would be as well.. but that would be something that would need to be tested.

The mention that the beasts do not emit chakra lead Ichirou to believe that the only way the Byakugan would be useful in detecting them, is looking for 'voids' of chakra so to speak. But he couldn't be for sure quite yet. Either way there was one more question that he needed answered, as it was relevant to the safety of the team on this mission.

"What's the structural integrity like? If we go blowing things up with explosive tags or any other form of explosives, do we risk caving the dungeon in on us? Or breaching to lower floors?" Ichirou was keen on explosives, whether it be in one form or another. Though they weren't a necessary tactic to his combat strategy he would need this information to make sure he didn't put a comrades life in harms way.

He wondered just what they would encounter here, were they biting off more than they could chew? He doubted that. Even given the strength that these monstrosities possessed, it was safe to safe that a capable team had been assembled. One that could take on the challenges of the first floor of this dungeon, to say the least.

Or so he hoped. 

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2015, 07:31:35 AM »

He fell in behind the Guild Leader as they began their trek through the dungeon which would be new to him in every way, though he had a few other things going through his mind, he wouldn't let a distracted mind lead this team to failure. The monsters, from what he studied briefly studied about dungeons was that the weakest ones were on the beginning floors. Wolf's question about explosions did concern him as well."Since I use bakuton I do also wish to know the answer to Wolf's question."

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2015, 08:45:26 AM »

As they moved into the dungeon, the tunnel slowly opening and increasing in size as they entered,"Breaking through walls isn't going to work, the ground is thick between the floors. It'd be a waste of time and energy by the time you even started making progress." Athos nodded his head as they moved, darkness slowly coming around them. From his pouch, though, Athos would pull out a torch that would burn brightly enough to fully give light to the area around them.

Once the entrance was far out of sight and the noises of the dungeon surrounded them, followed by the murky smell, he motioned for Ray to take the lead as he'd fall back into his place, still holding the torch.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2015, 09:28:57 AM »

From his position in the back, the Nara had to watch as his comrades disappeared into the darkness one by one, something he did not like in the slightest. He removed an arrow from his quiver and notched it by the time the entire area was illuminated. A relieved sigh escaped his lips, being in darkness caused his instincts to react on a very sensitive hair trigger. He didn't want to harm his teammates and cause any resentment to flow his way. Though he didn't participate in the talking like the others, he listened to every word and made mental notes of what was said. He kept his eyes peeled aura m ahead of them, turning his head to get everything in his sights, except of course his 6 o'clock, which he began channeling his ice chakra for such an emergency. If a monster decided to show it's face anywhere, it would find an arrow in it.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2015, 09:26:53 PM »

Ichirou sniffed the air, his training with Sunauto had given him the gift of the Shikyaku no Jutsu, that combined with his recent... body changes. Meant that he was passively becoming more feral as the Gelel Stone infused itself with his DNA. "I can smell them." he informed the rest as his eyes adjusted, his wolf like night vision assisting him in seeing through the darkness. He drew his twin blades and ran the edges across one another, much like a butcher would do before slicing into their pigs.

"I can smell blood too. Maybe deer blood? Do these things eat deer? How'd it even get in here?" he questioned, though it was both possible that whatever was eating had gone out to collect the deer, or that whatever he was smelling just bore the similar scent. Either way he remained in formation, taking quiet steps as he walked alongside Athos. 
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.