Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cut Down the Summoning Claims  (Read 4150 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Cut Down the Summoning Claims
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2015, 10:58:03 PM »

I would like to state my opinion on the matter. I believe the claims list is a bit of an issue because it limits newer people right from the get-go. I believe that the initial contract holder (person who originally made that entry) should be bolded so people know who to contact, but if someone else wishes to use that animal they would just have to message the player.
If the player does not respond within 1(2?) week(s), then they should be able to claim it as well. They also would not be allowed to remove anything that the owner created on that wiki page, but would be allowed to add to it as a subsection if they wished.
Example: I am the initial 'claim holder' to raptors because I made the page. If ACad Randnin wants to use them, he would message me. I would either say okay or, if I don't respond, it's taken as an automatic okay (and for the sake of the community, the answer should always be okay...Or at least an okay after some RP event. Don't flat out say no :/) He would then be able to amend the raptor page by adding his own subsection to describe his raptors if he wishes.
For claims made by players that no longer exist, they should still be bolded for the fact that they wrote it, but that should be a summon that's up for grabs. And the whole subspecies thing might make things confusing with all the entries that could be made. It would be easier to claim a whole family than saying you can summon antheraea brunei instead of antheraea broschi.

That's my opinion on the whole thing. Make it a bit simpler, no need for getting rid of anything as well as making it accessible for newer players if they wish. I know that SL has a wiki site of its own as far as gameplay goes, but maybe a page should be made that lists general guidelines for RP as well?
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2015, 12:30:43 AM »

I would like to state my opinion on the matter. I believe the claims list is a bit of an issue because it limits newer people right from the get-go. I believe that the initial contract holder (person who originally made that entry) should be bolded so people know who to contact, but if someone else wishes to use that animal they would just have to message the player.
If the player does not respond within 1(2?) week(s), then they should be able to claim it as well. They also would not be allowed to remove anything that the owner created on that wiki page, but would be allowed to add to it as a subsection if they wished.
Example: I am the initial 'claim holder' to raptors because I made the page. If ACad Randnin wants to use them, he would message me. I would either say okay or, if I don't respond, it's taken as an automatic okay (and for the sake of the community, the answer should always be okay...Or at least an okay after some RP event. Don't flat out say no :/) He would then be able to amend the raptor page by adding his own subsection to describe his raptors if he wishes.
For claims made by players that no longer exist, they should still be bolded for the fact that they wrote it, but that should be a summon that's up for grabs. And the whole subspecies thing might make things confusing with all the entries that could be made. It would be easier to claim a whole family than saying you can summon antheraea brunei instead of antheraea broschi.

That's my opinion on the whole thing. Make it a bit simpler, no need for getting rid of anything as well as making it accessible for newer players if they wish. I know that SL has a wiki site of its own as far as gameplay goes, but maybe a page should be made that lists general guidelines for RP as well?

This is wonderfully stated and agree with this. This is true as I was informed I couldn't have a dragon or a Phoenix, even though I had RPd an acquisition of them with a few other characters. Granted that was during my causal gameplay days, but now that I've become a bit more invested in the game, I can see a need for the order of things. So I made an "appointment" of sorts to get my chance at the dragon contact, but Yumei/Rares has been off the map for quite a while, as has the Phoenix holder, who's name escapes me at the moment.

This is my own example on such an event and show that I've been after these two for a year and some change.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 12:45:29 AM »

This is wonderfully stated and agree with this. This is true as I was informed I couldn't have a dragon or a Phoenix, even though I had RPd an acquisition of them with a few other characters. Granted that was during my causal gameplay days, but now that I've become a bit more invested in the game, I can see a need for the order of things. So I made an "appointment" of sorts to get my chance at the dragon contact, but Yumei/Rares has been off the map for quite a while, as has the Phoenix holder, who's name escapes me at the moment.

This is my own example on such an event and show that I've been after these two for a year and some change.

Tsuyo is coming back so you can talk to him about the pheonix. I think he wants the contract back from Tokujiro.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2015, 05:37:04 AM »

Tsuyo is coming back so you can talk to him about the pheonix. I think he wants the contract back from Tokujiro.

Awesome sauce :D

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 12:06:58 AM »

I had (still technically have) a private summoning contract with my dragon companion/mount Rita for the longest before I actually signed the dragon summoning contract. Frankly, only the most rigid of summoners are going to go after you for using certain species unless you're really bad. The thing about private summoning contracts is that, for practical reasons, you only have access to just that custom mount, which for most of us we only use 1-3 creatures from the species anyways.

With Yumei and Rares somewhat off the map though, the remaining dragon contract signers could take up the responsibility of holding the contract. I never really thought about it personally speaking, since it felt like such a non-issue from my perspective.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2015, 01:29:44 AM »

To my understanding summons became claims originally not so much due to people wanting to hoard certain ones all to themselves, but more so to avoid conflict of having more than one person trying to make up lore et cetera for said animal/species/whatever on SL.

As amusing as it might be for there to be half a dozen completely different Gamabuntas and three myobokuzans for example, I shouldn't need to say what a confusing scheitstorm that'd very quickly become.

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2015, 10:45:27 PM »

I'M all for clearing it up from in active users and making a list of those that are considered free. I consider myself the "contract holder" of Tyrannosaurs Rex's and seeing that it is a noncannon animal from the series and to my knowledge nobody else has laid claim to them or anything like and nobody has complained about me being holder as such. People have approached me about also being a signer and only one continued an rp long enough to sign so I did and now she is inactive I believe. I believe if it comes to noncannon creatures it is justifiable to have a contract holder, because I believe most people won't be assholes and tell someone to f-off about wanting to be a co-signer, should they approach said contract signer as that will promote rping with others. I, being honest here, would not want someone just running around saying they claimed T-Rex's by miracle acquisition and never came to me to do an rp about getting it because I have put time into making a lore about how I acquired the contract in the first place.
TL;DR: Get rid of inactives, make a 'free' summons list, and non-cannon beasts should have contract holders as it can stimulate rp.
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2015, 04:29:11 AM »

I had (still technically have) a private summoning contract with my dragon companion/mount Rita for the longest before I actually signed the dragon summoning contract. Frankly, only the most rigid of summoners are going to go after you for using certain species unless you're really bad. The thing about private summoning contracts is that, for practical reasons, you only have access to just that custom mount, which for most of us we only use 1-3 creatures from the species anyways.

With Yumei and Rares somewhat off the map though, the remaining dragon contract signers could take up the responsibility of holding the contract. I never really thought about it personally speaking, since it felt like such a non-issue from my perspective.

I informed both of them I only wanted to use a single dragon I can, ICly, raise from a hatchling and develop a bond with. I wanted to do the same with the phoenix. I'm more than willing to go through various RP events to get these contracts signed.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2015, 06:47:36 PM »

I informed both of them I only wanted to use a single dragon I can, ICly, raise from a hatchling and develop a bond with. I wanted to do the same with the phoenix. I'm more than willing to go through various RP events to get these contracts signed.

What I am saying is, if the contract holder(s) are not available, you could create a custom dragon mount as a companion. If the holders are not available and the remaining summoners don't mind, I don't see what would be stopping you from doing so, as long as you don't go around claiming to summon any dragon and its mother.

If you would like I could get you started on that particular journey. Just so happens I have a RP arc with my dragon mount having a clutch of eggs that is kind of in the middle of a slump atm (partly cause I"m RP locked in Amegakure as Eric). If you would like we can do the RP here in village square.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2015, 07:49:33 PM »

I would very much appreciate that, thank you.

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 16 queries.