Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cut Down the Summoning Claims  (Read 4113 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Cut Down the Summoning Claims
« on: December 21, 2015, 06:04:03 AM »

Ok so I am going to go through the list of summons claims and remove anyone who doesn't exist anymore to free up some more room.

I also wanted to propose another idea.

People probably know I thinking claiming a species as a whole is stupid. Unless it's an animal you invented then you shouldn't have dominion over it. I'd just as soon remove the whole thing.

As a middle-ground I suggest this. Remove all claims for animals that appear in the manga or anime, basically any official material. Toads, Snakes, Slugs, Crows, all of them, let anyone use them.

As I've said before their claim is pointless anyway since your own custom summons and tandem jutsu already belong to you by default. So why do you need to own all dogs or whatever?

What do we think of this idea?

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Cut Down the Summoning Claims
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 06:56:58 AM »

I think it basically stinks.

You becoming admin of the wikia was not for you to decide you were going to just do what you wanted there. and for those of us who disagree with your actions to get blocked from accessing it like you did to Yomi.

I have explained before and during your...'Bush era election'...in which you sent your name in to the wikia people to claim admin rights before warren and koji even got to vote...yes rush rush rush and grab the power...WHY deleting content is very objectionable to me and you said...it was not like you were going to go through and hack and slash everything to bits.

well here we are. the claims list is pared down to YOUR vision....you are going to go through and hit the Summons to get rid of people who are no longer here...and so on and so forth.

The purpose of getting an active admin was to have some one capable of taking care of the community, not deciding how things were going to be for everyone and being a dictator.

I want to know who had the summons before me. leave them alone.
i want to know what things people have used throughout the history of this RP site.
leave that stuff alone too.

Bold facing the current scroll holder while leaving the other names alone is good enough. Indicate a holder has gone inactive only if no other users are listed AND someone even bothers to ask about making a claim to it. There are OPTIONS other than removing content open here.

And lets just not even touch how your notion of getting rid of summons for cannon beasts set me off into a frenzy!

screw it, let's!

oh yes by all means have claimed items from the manga but not summons cause that is just stupid. Power jutsu you want to claim? sure. Special sword? check! But a summons that you want access to and are denied. Nah, how stupid is that? What's next? The Gedo Mazo? What rule are you going to put into action that lets you wind up being the owner of it?

While at the same time, let's don't have custom items be claimed at all and protect someone's unique creation from being ripped off.

how about we take your possessions and make them open to everyone?

as you said to Kamui when he had a claim going...something about choking on you the next time he was hhmm and hmmmmming? And need I remind you that you had quit SL at the time of that most vulgar and volatile objection to his claims? SO yes, Bocc. This stuff matters to someone even if YOU can't seem to see it. Oh yes, protecting your custom things is fine but for some reason it just doesn't seem worth keeping track of for other people. You wanna clean something up on the wikia? How about removing that filth you posted cause THAT would be a public service.

It's fine and dandy when it is someone else's stuff that YOU decide to carve up, delete and make moot, but heavens forbid anyone even hint at doing the same to you.

does that about sum it up?

this is EXACTLY WHY I DIDN'T want you in charge of our creative works.

WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE THESE THINGS FOR EVERYONE????

I am pointing the finger at you Bocchiere.

stop it right now. and give Yomi back her access to the wikia.

You might try talking to her before you just up and ban her to figure out what in the world was going on in the first place. Having co-admins alleviated some of my serious misgivings of YOU being in charge. and not even a month goes by and you totally shoot that in the ass.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 07:10:13 AM »

Now for a saner objection:

A wikia is a data base of information. The contributors have a right to keep their content as published.

For instance...If I tended toward the creationist theory of the universe and went around deleting all content pertaining to Evolution, I could justify it all day long as contradictory to the Bible and quote verse and scripture to justify my actions and get quite a strong following of supporters to validate and approve of my actions.

HOWEVER...

It would not be right, and it would only be self serving my own interests and not representative of the entire population of Wikia users. That Darwin is no longer here to stand up to me and justify his works remaining in publication is a moot point. They are his written works and should still be recorded for others to read and then formulate their own ideas upon how everything came to be.

Leave it alone. We do not need someone to determine what the content of the wikia should be, but someone to act in a secretarial aspect to keep it functioning, fix errors, aid people in making their publications, and the like.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 07:29:00 AM »

Read up to "You becoming admin" and skipped down to the second post.

If they made any pages about the summons on the wiki I wouldn't remove those. The claims list is supposed to be reference of who has what. It is relevant to keep it up to date. If someone whose been gone 2 years has that they have elephants in their bio that doesn't get touched but it doesn't need to be on the claims list. We're reprinting the phone book, we don't need to list the known disconnected numbers.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 07:55:25 AM »

Nah, keep all the cannon claims, if people don't want to give them up, they shouldn't have to. I agree with getting rid of old users, no reason to clutter up the claimed list.

Perhaps, start a new section for freebe summons? I know there is a section for free claimed techniques, add summons to that. This gives the option of people giving up their claims should they so choose.

Example, add the tapir (Danzo's Baku) summon and if Bocc is up to it, cause I am, add sharks there too.

That way the people who don't want to give up cannon summons don't have to, but the people that want to (people like you) can. Best compromise.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 07:58:29 AM »

Nah, keep all the cannon claims, if people don't want to give them up, they shouldn't have to. I agree with getting rid of old users, no reason to clutter up the claimed list.

Perhaps, start a new section for freebe summons? I know there is a section for free claimed techniques, add summons to that. This gives the option of people giving up their claims should they so choose.

Example, add the tapir (Danzo's Baku) summon and if Bocc is up to it, cause I am, add sharks there too.

That way the people who don't want to give up cannon summons don't have to, but the people that want to (people like you) can. Best compromise.

Oh were you Gozu? I couldn't find him so Baku was one of the ones I removed.

That's not a bad idea though.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 08:01:12 AM »

Yeah, I was Gozu, don't recall adding that to the claimed list. But if you make a free summon section, feel free to add Baku there. Anyway, that's the best compromise I can think of without rattling feathers that would cut down the claimed list, if only minimally.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 10:47:24 AM »

I agree with Trev's idea. It would then make it look somewhat clean.

Completely removing summons that appear in canon so anyone can claim them WILL cause a mess. 
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 03:56:07 PM »

I had a conversation with someone about this a few months.
I think it's silly to have a claimed list for animal summonings because honestly what does it do?

1. New character wants to add certain animal to his summoning but contract holder says no, then what?
2. New character decided to add animal to his summoning without contract holder's permission, what contract holder going to do?

#1 hinders RP and #2 shows that summoning claims are not enforced anyway.
I mean, what are you going to do? Tell all your friends not to RP with the new character? It's childish.

And Bocc makes a great point. Some animals have over 100 species.
For hawks, there are over 200. You're going to claim them all?

Plus, there's the fact that you can use the animal differently than what the contract holder may describe in the 'Naruto Profile Wikia'. The contract holder may describe the animal as 'this and that' but the new character is going to describe it as 'such and such'.

Personally, I feel we should throw away the whole 'contract holder' concept and use the list as an information source to just see what characters are using those type of animals.

Btw, the first column is labeled incorrect. It says 'Species' when really it should say 'Animals' or 'Creatures'. >.>

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 06:22:05 PM »

Completely removing summons that appear in canon so anyone can claim them WILL cause a mess.

Because having everyone get the summon they want is going to cause a civil war or something?

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 06:36:15 PM »

Ok so I am going to go through the list of summons claims and remove anyone who doesn't exist anymore to free up some more room.

People probably know I thinking claiming a species as a whole is stupid. Unless it's an animal you invented then you shouldn't have dominion over it. I'd just as soon remove the whole thing.

As a middle-ground I suggest this. Remove all claims for animals that appear in the manga or anime, basically any official material. Toads, Snakes, Slugs, Crows, all of them, let anyone use them.

As I've said before their claim is pointless anyway since your own custom summons and tandem jutsu already belong to you by default. So why do you need to own all dogs or whatever?

I agree with you here

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 08:12:32 PM »

I agree that completey removing the summons, any summons, will cause a mess and a general antagonism towards the wikia (think about the downfall of SLS here).

I feel, however, that it would be best to just leave it alone altogether.

Ok so I am going to go through the list of summons claims and remove anyone who doesn't exist anymore to free up some more room...

Free up some more room? The wikia is not greatly limited on space, not that I know of anyway. This seems pretty pointless to me.

...Remove all claims for animals that appear in the manga or anime, basically any official material. Toads, Snakes, Slugs, Crows, all of them, let anyone use them.

As I've said before their claim is pointless anyway since your own custom summons and tandem jutsu already belong to you by default. So why do you need to own all dogs or whatever...

To limit who is running around with dogs or crows period? To limit those who might would use the canon specific techniques that involve them? Traditionally summons have been claimed so that not everyone is running around with the various species. Making people actually have to go to contract holders in order to sign the contract, so that it would not just be another miracle acquisition moment.

Those were the reasons for "entire species" being claimed. Those who have gone inactive should have not right (nor ability) to bar people from claiming the species, but active holders/signers should be able to. To my knowledge, for the canon contracts, it usually doesn't take much more than a conversation to get signed on (or get initiated the RP to get signed on).

If it must be done, at least archive who past owners were, or otherwise list MIA or Unaccounted for or something. Don't just remove them forever.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2015, 08:22:22 PM »

Oops. I forgot to address this directly. Sorry.
I like the idea but I rather keep the list to see who has what for curiosity sake.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2015, 10:24:41 PM »

Jeez, I can taste the salt with my own eyes.
I am pointing the finger at you Bocchiere.

You point your finger, but there are 3 more fingers pointing right back at you...

Anyways the Claimed List has always been terrible I don't know how old anyone's contact lenses have been but it was never a pretty scene for years. Especially with all you meat heads undoing each others edits like we actually care who has what. For the record before someone makes a comment about, "But your all over the claimed list" yea after being generously gifted all the techniques some of you have spent hours arguing to claim. >>; Either way, when it comes to summons; claiming to be the sole summoner of a species is plain stupid. Needless to say I respect no one who deems such a title as it is the species themselves to choose who they wish to interact with. It is simply up to the keyboard warrior to chose which species best suits them. But if there is to be a free claimed list, there should be a limit to how many species you claim to hold ties too. Because last I checked, no one here was Mother Earth and no one here deserves the respect of ALL animals, given they've done something to disrespect some species, either for food or souvenirs. Yea that shark tooth chain ain't gonna look nice among the sharks boyo.

I say, there should be a single animal within the species that holds the summoning scroll and either through a referral system from preexisting summoners or being chosen by the divine species is the only way to be able to sign such. The latter should involve some sort of physical 'test' to determine whether the species would want to be bothered with your summoning. Seriously though, you people walking around with summoning contract scrolls as if you're the only one who can write a few lines down on a piece of paper are hilarious. Might as well start saying claiming breeding scrolls at that point, and only allow certain individuals to be born with your bloodlines. >>;

Also to hell with the inactives! They are only cluttering up space, and should they truly wish to come back, undoing the edit isn't something you people don't already do....

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2015, 10:41:23 PM »

I mean, you try to get rid of that, but it won't go well. My compromise seems best, it doesn't require any debate. Remove inactive's, and if people want, have a free claim section for summons.

Else you're gonna have like a four way debate

Opinion 1: Leave everything alone
Opinion 2: Remove cannon summon claims
Opinion 3: Remove all summon claims
Opinion 4: Remove all claims.

Considering the last time the community go together and got something done was like the Edo Tensei thread, the probability of a compromise is low. Thus take my advice, get rid of any inactive, maybe save their names and give it to Kay and others should they be curious about the past. Start a summon section with the free custom techniques, and anyone who wants their summon as a free claim may move it.

Edit:
See you already did, so ignore everything I just said.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 10:43:45 PM by Trev »

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 16 queries.