Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Free Up the Zones?  (Read 5828 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Free Up the Zones?
« on: December 28, 2015, 04:03:03 AM »

Hello. Can we get rid of the rank cap on the upper zones and just make them accessible to everyone? It would seriously free up extra places to rp and also if a Jinchuuriki was posting there it would be more accessible to hunters. I know for the Chuunin exams there is already a crunch for board space going on.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Re: Free Up the Zones?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 04:10:41 AM »

Hello. Can we get rid of the rank cap on the upper zones and just make them accessible to everyone? It would seriously free up extra places to rp and also if a Jinchuuriki was posting there it would be more accessible to hunters. I know for the Chuunin exams there is already a crunch for board space going on.

Please do, I would enjoy this very much.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 04:32:25 AM »

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8579.0.html

Already been talked about at a bare minimum of once.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 07:51:46 AM »

ah yes. thank you for finding that. anyway...hopefully people will like the notion and it will come to fruition one day.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 02:06:50 PM »

So, I just looked through the extra zones (is there any past hokage zones? I'm not sure/don't remember) and there's 7 (possibly 8 because the sannin desert might be active but the posts are few and far in between) zones that are free. That's a lot of potential space that could be used.
Now, I understand, in the past the zones were much more active but apparently the fights lasted nowhere as long as they do now. A single fight/RP may lock down a zone for months (as we kind of are doing with zone 7 lol sorry) which limits others from doing stuff.
The zone locking seems a bit archaic in my opinion.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 02:10:01 PM »

Yeah that would be perfect, it would make sure the higher ranked zones are actually used, benefiting everyone.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 05:53:18 PM »

If they were to all be unlocked, the higher level plains, desert, etc. would be fairly redundant. If we are giving up any hope of ever having zone fights like the past then maybe throwing in some new areas for them to be named would be beneficial. After all, having two plains, regardless of the seeming utility now, is kind of pointless. Turning it into a new area and then unexcluding (is that even a word lol) it would, in my opinion, be better than just removing the cap and throwing the same old zones into the mix.

Plus, for those at the lower Oro kills, private zones seemed like a feasible alternative to this altogether. I mean, gold is pretty expendable nowadays right, especially for sitters and those already at max reborns.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 06:49:19 PM »

I never saw a big reason in this cap. Perhaps cause i never witnessed to rumored old days.

I see the cap as a nuisance...i love to read roleplays , so i would enjoy reading it all.
However the same zones twice would be indeed boring. I like the idea of making them new zones. Why not be more specific?

Surely a plain can be located somewhere. What if we gave the forest names.  A forest may be near Konoha or Kiri. Or maybe have wastelands, then a ruin within. Both being two seperate zones. for the wasteland is the big scene. The ruin a more specific one.

Just some ideas. But i agree,  the  cap is nod needed  anymore...

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 09:29:28 PM »

I never saw a big reason in this cap. Perhaps cause i never witnessed to rumored old days.

I see the cap as a nuisance...i love to read roleplays , so i would enjoy reading it all.
However the same zones twice would be indeed boring. I like the idea of making them new zones. Why not be more specific?

Surely a plain can be located somewhere. What if we gave the forest names.  A forest may be near Konoha or Kiri. Or maybe have wastelands, then a ruin within. Both being two seperate zones. for the wasteland is the big scene. The ruin a more specific one.

Just some ideas. But i agree,  the  cap is nod needed  anymore...

I know that myself and I believe some other people went into a discussion about remaking the zones things like "Land of Fire, Wind, Earth, Lightning, and Water" instead of their more obscure titles, but I don't know exactly where that went.

But I do think renaming zones would be a better idea, and perhaps newly updated pictures for better scenery set up? I don't know I just enjoy detailed scenes to fight and rp within

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 09:42:30 PM »

These are all really good ideas. The desert for instance...we have the western wastelands that just entering can taint your body with corruption, the sand seas, the salt flats, and the coastal regions all within wind country. Some could take on names of border lands that are fairly popular...goodness, Rain Country Maybe could finally have a home?

As for paid zones, once the time runs out you cannot pay to reopen them and continue to RP there but have to make a new one. Does the text in a paid zone still disappear after the old 14 day period? All those old zone fight. Ever look inside and see absolutely nothing?

I do not know how we are fixed for space, but what if you could pay to extend the zone and continue rps there? What if the text never went away? Talk about an archived history for the community. Quite the opportunity.

anyway... A zone fight can be anything you want it to be. It does not have to be someplace only Sannin or Kage level...and I believe that is the highest ranked zone Becquerel...can access in order to throw an elite fight. These days people really don't stop by and intrude and jeer like they used to...I mean spectate. You hardly ever see an acad run through and rasengan everyone to death anymore...The days of Prinny nuking your match and pulling your pants down around your legs while you were not looking are sadly long gone.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2015, 10:18:55 PM »

Thing is, while remaking repeat zones into other ones sounds well and good on paper, on the other hand its also the same exclusion you're trying to get rid of with the proposal to remove the orokill limitation to access them.

Say two deserts are remade into different parts of wind country? If they're specific locations then whoever happens to be there would STILL be locking said place up from use from others, unless the others try invade. There'd be only one official place for it, so from said pov all else either just wouldn't be possible, or could be just ignored.

Now if you leave it as just two not too specific deserts, whoever uses them can temporarily repurpose them for whatever is necessary. Two completely different times/dates of the exact same location even, if so desired.

TL;DR = removing orokill restriction from zones is good, repurposing repeat zones into other locations not.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2015, 10:22:25 PM »

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8420.msg220615.html#msg220615

^ I posted that months ago about a few ideas (mushed into one) that I thought people would like.

As for space. Neji posted the server upgrade: http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8753.msg227545.html#new

Basically space isn't an issue. :P These would be text archives anyways. While a lot of them will add up it's much better on space than say pictures.

@Bec - after Kage there are no more zones.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2015, 11:47:59 PM »

bumped your topic to new, It is a great idea and should not be buried just yet, I am thinking.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2015, 11:59:48 PM »

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8420.msg220615.html#msg220615

^ I posted that months ago about a few ideas (mushed into one) that I thought people would like.

As for space. Neji posted the server upgrade: http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8753.msg227545.html#new

Basically space isn't an issue. :P These would be text archives anyways. While a lot of them will add up it's much better on space than say pictures.

@Bec - after Kage there are no more zones.

I just commented on that old post that has been moved to a new post just to share my ideas on it

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2015, 05:21:53 PM »

... The desert for instance...we have the western wastelands that just entering can taint your body with corruption, the sand seas, the salt flats, and the coastal regions all within wind country. Some could take on names of border lands that are fairly popular...goodness, Rain Country Maybe could finally have a home?

I'm with Warren, that's getting too specific on the zones. If zones are repurposed they should stay fairly generalized. We don't want people literally claiming zones as a specific area with defenses and such that nobody else can use at all without permission like the village squares.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.