Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does chakra really matter?  (Read 5785 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Does chakra really matter?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 01:02:22 AM »

I thought it was just other LoTGD games we can't link.

Did you post in the wrong topic, because I'm lost :(

It’s just easier to forget about chakra entirely, or wait for the opponent to make a move where they quantify it and take advantage of those numbers.

This is just one of the many flaws of SL, and the Naruto-verse as a whole. Unfortunately there is no effective way to remedy this ailment.

Another problem is when people try to say that their infinite supply of chakra is bigger than someone else's infinite supply of chakra. It reminds me of back in the day when we were kids and we said 'Infinity' and the other kid says, 'Infinity+1' and then the third would chip in and says 'Infinity+Infinity' and so on and so forth.

But I guess it's probably the techniques that are the problem, and not the chakra.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 06:20:51 AM »

It’s just easier to forget about chakra entirely, or wait for the opponent to make a move where they quantify it and take advantage of those numbers.

This is just one of the many flaws of SL, and the Naruto-verse as a whole. Unfortunately there is no effective way to remedy this ailment.

Another problem is when people try to say that their infinite supply of chakra is bigger than someone else's infinite supply of chakra. It reminds me of back in the day when we were kids and we said 'Infinity' and the other kid says, 'Infinity+1' and then the third would chip in and says 'Infinity+Infinity' and so on and so forth.

But I guess it's probably the techniques that are the problem, and not the chakra.

Well the show didn't help us at all. They would talk about how if your chakra gets too low you would pass out, but Naruto could divide his chakra evenly between 100 clones without breaking a sweat. That's ridiculous no matter what plot armor you give him. This was even a bigger problem towards the end of the series when people were making village sized meteorites to rain down on the planet with once again no sweat to be seen.
The thing about this site is, the people who join up are looking to RP at one of two particular points in the series. We have the more casual people who enjoy having weaker characters that are going to run out of chakra relatively quickly, and are actively going to monitor that level. I would say those people RP around the beginning of Shippuden or perhaps even earlier in part one.  Then there are people who want to RP how the show was at the end of the series where there were essentially no chakra limits and people fought like they were in Dragon Ball Z. Now I think both way are jolly good fun, but it makes for a difficult game to play as the two sides can clash very easily.

I really liked how Sabu put it with the Max stats analogy. We essentially pick what powers we want and see who is better at using those powers in combat. Unfortunately those Gary Stu characters make casual RP difficult to work with. I feel like Warren is running into this issue truth be told with this doomsday RP he is running. He needs to make a villain that is strong enough to give these ridiculous characters a run for their money, but also allows the weaker more realistic characters a chance. It's a difficult task without question.

Idk I am coming to the conclusion that this game is beyond fixing, and the weight of it's flaws will cause it to collapse sooner rather than later. 
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 06:32:50 AM »

Hmm...Yeah, it does make things difficult to do. But, I guess one way to overcome that power-gap is to basically set it to the level the majority is at. For example...

Players A, B, and C are all playing. A usually RPs as a god-like character while B and C are happy just being an average ninja. They're doing some RP event where A could really just do it all on his own if he wanted to. So, to make up for this, A lowers his character's ability to fit the playstyle of B and C. The character can still have the same abilities/personality/whatever, but A just lowers his speed/power so he's not the Flash/Hulk. Or, A can just not play with them.

Basically, YOU should judge how strong your character should be based on the situation at hand. Self-regulation.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 08:37:14 AM »

Hmm...Yeah, it does make things difficult to do. But, I guess one way to overcome that power-gap is to basically set it to the level the majority is at. For example...

Players A, B, and C are all playing. A usually RPs as a god-like character while B and C are happy just being an average ninja. They're doing some RP event where A could really just do it all on his own if he wanted to. So, to make up for this, A lowers his character's ability to fit the playstyle of B and C. The character can still have the same abilities/personality/whatever, but A just lowers his speed/power so he's not the Flash/Hulk. Or, A can just not play with them.

Basically, YOU should judge how strong your character should be based on the situation at hand. Self-regulation.

^ I love this guy.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 10:27:07 AM »

You have noooo idea. I've been fortunate for the most part, but a select few individuals even Buddha's patience wouldn't be enough for.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 02:17:12 PM »

You have noooo idea. I've been fortunate for the most part, but a select few individuals even Buddha's patience wouldn't be enough for.

At least Buddha was Enlightened and didn't God-Mode as if the acronym GM stood for that.

That's pretty easy till D with the original power levels of A shows up and doesn't abide by that honor code and tries to kill all three for one of the dozens of reasons to kill people in SL.

Well the show didn't help us at all. They would talk about how if your chakra gets too low you would pass out, but Naruto could divide his chakra evenly between 100 clones without breaking a sweat. That's ridiculous no matter what plot armor you give him. This was even a bigger problem towards the end of the series when people were making village sized meteorites to rain down on the planet with once again no sweat to be seen...

Village sized meteors? An Edo Tensei zombie (Madara) doesn't have a stamina limit, so not breaking a sweat kind of makes sense.

Naruto was not just dividing his own chakra, but the chakra of the 9-tailed fox demon as well, a being with so much chakra that not even the 4th Hokage could seal it all into Naruto all at once. Naruto just didn't have access to tailed beast modes, but for all technical purposes he had access to the beast's chakra long before he started mastering it.

Individuals like Pain and Hashirama, who just had a crapton of chakra for no discernible reason other than to live up to the power of thier plot-designated roles, I agree, the series really did not favors in that regard. Then the 4th Raikage who had the chakra "like a tailed beast" for again no discernible reason.

The final piece of the Pain Arc (Pain vs Konoha) to me seemed like a huge turning point, and even then, Nagato began to show some signs of wear after an excessively long battle (but not to the point of collapse). After that though I think Kakashi is the only one who consistently kept running out of chakra (till the 9-tails pick-me-up) and had to pay attention to how he used jutsu.

The issue is that we stopped seeing average shinobi fighting (like in the original naruto series) and we started seeing almost exclusively Shinobi Legends fighting (Madara, Hashirama, Naruto, Sasuke, etc.) who are supposed to be above and beyond the average shinobi in every category, especially in chakra amounts. Everything had to be upped for that battle with Super Sage Madara, Kaguya, even Edo army Kabuto and six paths Obito.

People who RP at that kind of power either feel they deserve it (resets, RP, special status, etc.) or simply wanna be a SL so bad that power stacking is seen as the path to the greatness.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 11:02:54 PM »

That's pretty easy till D with the original power levels of A shows up and doesn't abide by that honor code and tries to kill all three for one of the dozens of reasons to kill people in SL.

Well, in that instance, A, B, and C can just choose to ignore (void) D if they really want to. You don't need to play with everyone here, and you can choose who you play with. Sure, D might not be happy, but as long as A, B, and C are having fun playing the game that's okay. If D would like to join in, maybe they will reconsider and change their playstyle.

People who RP at that kind of power either feel they deserve it (resets, RP, special status, etc.) or simply wanna be a SL so bad that power stacking is seen as the path to the greatness.

But it's not bad that people are playing at that level. By all means, if people want to play like that then they can. It's just that people should use their judgement to determine how strong their character needs to be in each situation.
As long as YOU (the player) are having fun with the people you're playing with, then the game should be good. I told myself that as soon as this place was no longer fun for me, I'd pick up my things and leave. I think it's been a year now and I'm still enjoying it :)

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 11:31:22 PM »

Well, in that instance, A, B, and C can just choose to ignore (void) D if they really want to. You don't need to play with everyone here, and you can choose who you play with. Sure, D might not be happy, but as long as A, B, and C are having fun playing the game that's okay. If D would like to join in, maybe they will reconsider and change their playstyle.

But it's not bad that people are playing at that level. By all means, if people want to play like that then they can. It's just that people should use their judgement to determine how strong their character needs to be in each situation.
As long as YOU (the player) are having fun with the people you're playing with, then the game should be good. I told myself that as soon as this place was no longer fun for me, I'd pick up my things and leave. I think it's been a year now and I'm still enjoying it :)

As long as neither A, B, or C are not biju champions, yes to all of that.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.