Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: New child board?  (Read 3017 times)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
New child board?
« on: December 28, 2015, 06:51:03 AM »

So it seems as time goes on the Shinobi legends Forum is becoming more of a place where Rp is conducted, I personally love rping on here and I see that Jay, Iburi, and Eric have also taken up to posting rp episodes here in the village square.

So this got me thinking that perhaps another child board could be made, simply for the storing of Rp episodes; such as the one that Athos and I are conducting now entitled 'Calling on an Old friend'

I don't know if it's absolutely necessary, just an idea so that topics pertaining to issues or discussions about things on the site don't get cluttered up with rps that are being conducted here on the forum, so people can easily navigate their way through things.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
Re: New child board?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 08:52:39 AM »

Woo-hoo for the personal shout out! But yeah that's a good idea,  and was thinking of that while I go through the village board. I wanted to do the phoenix rp here with Masane as well, but we're doing that in the PMs.

But yeah, that's a great idea and I totally give it a thumbs up.  :orcass: no thumbs up so enjoy the booty  :P

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

MaliciousWolf

• View Profile
    • Hummingbird.me (Anime Community)
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 10:02:51 AM »

I don't see why not. I'm all for keeping things neat, organized, and clutter free so I agree with the OP :P

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 07:35:05 AM »

feature request?

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 07:36:08 AM »

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 05:17:42 PM »

So it seems as time goes on the Shinobi legends Forum is becoming more of a place where Rp is conducted, I personally love rping on here and I see that Jay, Iburi, and Eric have also taken up to posting rp episodes here in the village square.

So this got me thinking that perhaps another child board could be made, simply for the storing of Rp episodes; such as the one that Athos and I are conducting now entitled 'Calling on an Old friend'

I don't know if it's absolutely necessary, just an idea so that topics pertaining to issues or discussions about things on the site don't get cluttered up with rps that are being conducted here on the forum, so people can easily navigate their way through things.

I think it's fairly unnecessary to add a brand new child board. The number of SL RPers who actually RP on the forum, at the moment, is not nearly enough to justify a new child board. Particularly since the nude village board (the place where these posts are now) doesn't have a whole lot of other activity what with the biju arena and the "other" board taking up biju topics, character profiles taking up character profiles, and the Guild board taking up msc RP that is not necessarily SL based.

I mean, if RPing in the village square does become a more regular thing then sure, but as it is right now I don't see the frequency of the RPing to be high enough to warrant a child board of its own.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 03:07:11 AM »

I think it's fairly unnecessary to add a brand new child board. The number of SL RPers who actually RP on the forum, at the moment, is not nearly enough to justify a new child board. Particularly since the nude village board (the place where these posts are now) doesn't have a whole lot of other activity what with the biju arena and the "other" board taking up biju topics, character profiles taking up character profiles, and the Guild board taking up msc RP that is not necessarily SL based.

I mean, if RPing in the village square does become a more regular thing then sure, but as it is right now I don't see the frequency of the RPing to be high enough to warrant a child board of its own.

This also makes sense as it seems that only 1 would have sl related results. Though, I'm not entirely sure with Ichirou's episodes, since his character is changing.

But until more people are RPing for the sake of recording the event, then I don't see a new board being approved... still a good idea though. Let's hope more people do (semi)important RPs on the forum.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 12:58:37 PM »

I am not fond of player-related child boards. That sets other players (who also RP) possibly back.

It's still good in threads. Those threads can be archived (in an archive board) if you want them at a "special place" =)

Also, a sticky note with "very good RP fights" can provide links to those you want to highlight.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.