Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: RP on the forum?  (Read 5197 times)

Mei

• View Profile
Re: RP on the forum?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 11:31:37 PM »

You know, I was wondering if RP on the forums are considered IC.
For example, you RP with people on the forum, not in SL, so when you do RP with them for the first time in SL, do you technically know them? o.o

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 11:31:46 PM »

I'm glad to see activity both on the forum and in-game.
We should continue to promote both- we do not have to chose one. =)

No reason people cannot role play in both places- some people have more time to do so. ^_^

-----------
On another note, I might limit forum signatures. Some are getting a little out of hand with the number of images that they use. I hope I do not need to do so due to a handful causing this problem. ;)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 12:02:57 AM »

You know, I was wondering if RP on the forums are considered IC.
For example, you RP with people on the forum, not in SL, so when you do RP with them for the first time in SL, do you technically know them? o.o

As far as i'm concerned that would be something established beforehand. Like when Athos and I do an rp on the forum it's usually Ic, it just adds to the history of our characters

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 12:06:49 AM »

What I'm gonna do with jay is definitely IC. I'm doing it here so if his training with the phoenix ever comes to question by anyone, boom it's right here

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 12:13:06 AM »

I'm glad to see activity both on the forum and in-game.
We should continue to promote both- we do not have to chose one. =)

No reason people cannot role play in both places- some people have more time to do so. ^_^

-----------
On another note, I might limit forum signatures. Some are getting a little out of hand with the number of images that they use. I hope I do not need to do so due to a handful causing this problem. ;)

SIGNATURES!!!!!!!! LOL! Somebody finally noticed. I was just adding them on to see how much I could get, but then I had to start working.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2016, 01:03:04 AM »

The Mission Headquarters was set up for people to apply to RP mission on SL with a DP reward system. It was active for a while but died out.

My day on SL usually consists of GMing and RPing in one browser while i level accounts on others. If I am super busy I rp on both browsers and log in and out to switch characters. I always thought that it would be good to have training threads for your character here that you could revisit again and again to rp. I started one for Raihana a long time ago. It usually consisted of RP lifted from SL and copy pasted here to serve as a record. I think it is cool to have that be permanent, I can look back at things and see where improvements have occurred or analyze where they can then be made. It is a useful tool to help focus me during character creation and development. Mostly I stopped cause it seemed to annoy...and I just keep my training private.

Yes a rare occasion where community opinion actually caused me to alter my own pathway. lol
so silly. Perhaps that was because it dealt with my writing rather than an arbitrary case in point? w/e

I prefer RP to be on SL to promote site activity while using the forum as a utility...a supplement. But I see no reason why both cannot continue to exist jointly as they have ever done.

oh god. a basketball game on TV. I have to go kill that quick!
later all!!

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 07:21:54 AM »

I'm so glad I found the account option to disable signatures. ~.~ Too much movement while reading is distracting.

Styx

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2016, 09:30:23 AM »

People on SL read more than you think.

Can confirm, I read everything but usually don't post.

Personally I see the RP on here similar to those of PM RPs or Dwellings as Uetto mentioned.
As long as it doesn't involve a group of non forum users I don't a problem against it.
However, I'd still prefer the usage of the main site over the forum. Forum Rps are a turn off for me which is one of the reasons why I joined SL.

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2016, 03:19:47 PM »

I'm so glad I found the account option to disable signatures. ~.~ Too much movement while reading is distracting.

There's that option? You must tell me where it is!

To this topic, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I do not like Forum RP. I've been using SL the main site for such a long time now that it's style of things has become a preference over anything else.

I'll post my opinions, make topics on things I need clarification, but you won't see me rp here. It just seems wrong to me.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Yomi

• Agony's Embrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2016, 04:34:13 PM »

While a lot of people say that it is more convenient here to do RP and such, I still prefer to use the main site instead of the forums. I have always seen the forums as a way to discuss things related to SL whether it's about game issues, new features, RP-related, etc.

I'll admit I do some forum RP myself, but not with this kind of setup. You'll see what I mean once you check out RP-focused forums.

I'm a straight up villain.

MaliciousWolf

• View Profile
    • Hummingbird.me (Anime Community)
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2016, 09:08:53 AM »

I have been a member of SL for 6 years or so, and actually never once checked the forums until like a month ago when I decided to join because of all the posts on SL Village Boards advertising to check the forums regarding GM nominations. It was not till then that I found out quite a bit of RP takes place on the forums, which I honestly never thought happened at all where I always thought of the forums as a place to submit complaints and none of my complaints I ever had needed to be escalated past the in game petition system.

Just feels sort of wrong to me for RP to take place on the forum, but I can see the appeal for logging and tracking. Still though, I rather do everything on SL IC RP wise, it only feels right to me to do so. I do not have an issue though with others RP ing on the forums, that is totally up to them.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2016, 02:49:13 PM »

So I guess that's pretty much it.

Everyone has said that they don't intend on solely rp'ing on the forums, but when they do it's to keep it as an archive of sorts or for long rps that require better organization.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Asadi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2016, 06:07:24 AM »

There's that option? You must tell me where it is!

Profile -> account settings -> look and layout

click don't show users signatures and save.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 17 queries.