Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Psuedo-Jinchurikii and tailed beast chakra usage  (Read 5319 times)

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Psuedo-Jinchurikii and tailed beast chakra usage
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 02:41:58 PM »

Which ultimately just gets you minor shavings off the top, hardly enough to sprout the talents (which aren't all that unique except for 1-2 things), and once used its gone. You'd need either a good chunk or then a sentient split-off that can regenerate on its own, or ultimately all it'd be is just a brief one-time chakra boost.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 02:47:15 PM »

Which ultimately just gets you minor shavings off the top, hardly enough to sprout the talents (which aren't all that unique except for 1-2 things), and once used its gone. You'd need either a good chunk or then a sentient split-off that can regenerate on its own, or ultimately all it'd be is just a brief one-time chakra boost.

Seems like it could be useful in the middle of a fight, no?

Psuedo-jinchurikii would be much easier to manage if they very quicklly lost their status too as well.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 02:54:17 PM »

That's what I'm saying, the only ones that could without great pains happen right now wouldn't get more than their two minutes in the limelight and then its gone.

Only ways to get any longer lasting sort, to my current SL knowledge anyway, is either a former host dealing with me (which none of them have expressed desire to), or then somebody forcibly taking a sizable chunk from one of the current hosts, which in all honesty if you were capable doing then you might as well just take the full thing from them.

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2016, 08:36:05 PM »

I still find it as a stupid concept. It just seems like the Tailed Beasts are no longer of use if you already have a piece of their chakra. It would be like: "Well I don't need all the tailed beasts to get ten tails, I just need ten chakra signatures from the current tailed beasts inside me."

And don't even get me started on the splitting of tailed beasts. That's another stupid design that Kishimoto created.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2016, 09:41:07 PM »

Stupid or not, bottom line is it hasn't been an issue and it isn't looking to ever really become one either, so in all honesty we can just leave it be.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2016, 10:23:54 PM »

Being stupid has never stopped anyone from doing anything here. Not going to start now.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2016, 11:33:17 PM »

So, we should ban the concept of psuedo jinchurikii altogether then, meaning that only hosts can use tailed beast chakra as special chakra and have the abilities of the beast? No latent carry-over for former hosts who previously mastered tails?

I'm not wholly sold on either concept, but just having no mention of it in the rules that are all about biju seems precarious.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2016, 11:58:20 PM »

Just have it like it has been. Former hosts who mastered their beasts keep their agreed upon passive ability. Sand, Lava, etc.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 03:05:26 AM »

Just have it like it has been. Former hosts who mastered their beasts keep their agreed upon passive ability. Sand, Lava, etc.

No chakra of the tailed beast, but the passive ability?

That, doesn't make any sense to me.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2016, 04:18:45 AM »

How about this one?

We are tasked with the process of the matches and the smooth process of challenges and hunts.

Call it outside the venue of the committee and forget about it?

The original intent of the no tampering with the bijuu clause was...this one guy got a beast, the next day he gave some of the chakra to a friend...it was ridiculous. No training in the beast or nothing. Boom, he just was capable of manipulating the chakra of the beast to the point of being able to carve it up and give it away.

Saying you can't do that is good enough for me. But ex-hosts having been changed by their experience seems reasonable, as we have seen that with the silver and gold brothers.

Bah....this is self serving even though it makes sense to me. I will have to keep out of this one, despite Ace telling us we gotta participate in all discussions.

Like I said, I have 3 pseudo-jink characters.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2016, 04:26:16 AM »

Well it's what happened to Gaara.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2016, 12:26:14 PM »

...yeah its better if we just leave it be. Trying to ban or limit it or whatever will just make it even more stupid and make us look like nazis.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 12:56:38 PM by Warren »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2016, 02:16:02 PM »

Well it's what happened to Gaara.

Well, it can be argued that Gaara had inherited magnet release from his father instead of the tailed beast (after all, that chakra magnetizes just about anything, not just iron-based materials in the series) but I digress.

... Like I said, I have 3 pseudo-jink characters.

Since you have the most experience out of the two of us, how exactly is that RP'd? How much power do these psuedos have?

...yeah its better if we just leave it be. Trying to ban or limit it or whatever will just make it even more stupid and make us look like nazis.

Minus the Holocaust you could call them the "Let's make Germany Great Again" committee, which doesn't sound as bad.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2016, 05:00:14 PM »

"In Gaara Hiden, Gaara is shown to have inherited the Magnet Release kekkei genkai from his father, which he avoids using in battle so that he can have it as a last resort that opponents won't know about. He can use his Magnet Release to increase the density of his chakra and sand, thereby strengthening his defences."

-http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Gaara
--Ninjutsu

Honestly, I don't mind people's experience with the bijuu having altered them. I don't think it should be much of an "expert with the bijuu" because how can we gauge that? People will subjectively feel they've had enough expertise with them to claim they should be influenced enough. I say just let them. At the end of the day, they (may have) fought hard for this bijuu and we can at least leave them that parting gift.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2016, 07:17:20 PM »

I don't see how that quote was relevant, Rai. It didn't change to claim Gaara was actually using Jiton the whole time, it just says he has it and sometimes uses it to supplement his sand.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 17 queries.