Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ratification (Vote)  (Read 3528 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Ratification (Vote)
« on: January 31, 2016, 06:37:49 PM »

Bijuu Rules and Guidelines

1] Forum Account Clause:

A host must have/create an SL forum account.
    Create a thread with the name of his bijuu in the title to the Bijuu Arena board.
    Use this thread for the purpose of stating their preference for battle.
    Keep a list of challengers in this thread.
    Indicate when your grace period will be over, if you are a new host to this bijuu.
    Post any notices of absence to this thread.
    Challengers will also have/create an SL forum account.
    After a host's grace period has been met, a challenger posts/issues a challenge to the host of preference as a reply to the thread of that particular beast for which they are interested in competing.
    After arrangements have been made between the host and challenger, a post to indicate what terms have been accepted will be made to the host's thread.
    Challengers must also post a notice of absence in the thread of the host they are currently combating.

2] Challenging a Host

You cannot challenge any host until after their 14 day grace period is over.
    You must check forum host preference threads to stay informed.
    You must post to the host's preference thread to make a valid challenge. Notify the host through a pm on SL that you have issued a formal challenge.
    Time limits to set up and begin match: under discussion, to be inserted upon conclusion.
    You are bound by the activity rules too. Notify host of inactivity in pm and his preference thread or forum match if applicable. After 14 days in a notified inactivity you will bow out gracefully and may challenge this host for this bijuu again after 3 months.
    You must post to match every 7 days. After 7 days from a non-notified inactivity, you will bow out gracefully and may challenge this host for this bijuu again after 3 months.
    Challenge same host for different bijuu without 3 month cool down: Under discussion, to be inserted upon conclusion.
    OOC matches are 1v1. Preferences can alter this upon agreement of all parties involved.
    You may have more than one OOC match going at the same time.

3] Activity Clause

Participants must commit to activity.
    Hosts must make an RP post in public once every 14 days while not engaged in an active challenge.
    Hosts who do not make an RP post, while not engaged in an active challenge, once every 14 days will have their bijuu stripped by the council.
    During a match, hosts and challengers must make a post to the RP once every 7 days.
    A Host or Challenger who fails to make a post to the RP match once every 7 days, without posting a notice of absence to the forum host thread in question, will forfeit the match. During this forfeit, the bijuu will either remain with the host, in the event of challenger inactivity, or be transferred to the challenger, in the event of host inactivity.
    Cool down periods are an optional break from back to back fighting in order to permit the host to heal and train with his beast. As such, a cool down period can only be announced after the successful conclusion of a match, and is not intended to serve as a general leave of absence. Should a host opt to take a cool down period, this may last no more than 7 days and must be announced with dates of duration to the host's forum thread for each beast that player may host. A cool down period from one beast a player hosts cannot be applied as a cool down period for all beasts under his control but must be bijuu specific.
    The purpose of making a notification of absence post is to permit life to happen without wrecking your participation in the bijuu activity, while making it clear that there will be punishments for those who abuse this leave of absence, like forfeit of match, loss of biju, and bans pending a review by the council.
    Extenuating Circumstances During an Active Match: still in voting stage
    Extenuating Circumstances During the 'Idle Phase' of a Host: still in voting stage

4] Judging a Match

Both parties choose a judge and abide by their decision.
    In the unlikely event of the gross incompetence of the judge, both parties must agree upon a new judge and this second ruling shall be the final word for good or for ill.
    Replacing a judge under discussion, to be inserted later upon conclusion
    No unresolved issues will be tolerated... As such:
    Compromises must be made in the event of a deadlock. Failure to come to terms after every option has been exhausted will result in stripping, challenger denied, and the bijuu handled according to the Stripping Rules. Both challenger and host will be denied access to all things bijuu for 3 months due to gross incompetence.
    Council members are ineligible to be chosen as judges.
    Attempts to commit fraud by providing a judge who is an alt [for your own match] by either party will result in a perma-ban of all things bijuu.
    Judges will acquaint themselves with the rules of all things bijuu, the preference list of the host, the terms agreed upon by the participants, and commit to activity.
    Judges may have to play crowd control in the event of a public verbal abusive fight. In the event of such an issue, the judge should make one post requesting that this behavior cease, to arrange to mediate between the parties in private, and place the match on hold. Should this warning/request be ignored, the judge should refer the matter to a site Mod/staff and not be drawn into participating in such behaviors.

5] Basic List

There is no limit to the number of bijuu one person can own.
    Using Telescope Technique to circumvent the quest of seeking out *any* Jinchuuriki is not permitted.
    The challenger list of the former host/owner is inherited by the new host/owner of a bijuu. You may still take the 14 day grace period before beginning discussions on setting up your first match even though your new bijuu comes with challengers.

Bijuu Council Rules and Guidelines

1] The Bijuu Council will consist of 5 members.
2] Council Members elections will occur every 6 months.
3] Council Members cannot be judges for Bijuu matches.
4] Council Members cannot be Current/Active Kages or Bijuu Host/Owners.
5] Hosts who have been stripped are eligible to run for a council seat.

It is high time that the rules that we have now be voted on; discussion has come to a standstill as people either forgotten about the board or have nothing new to propose on the table. As in all of the vote threads, state your vote yes or no. If you vote yes, then all of the rules (including parts that were "under discussion") will be added and be apart of the final product. If you vote no please state whether you are rejecting the whole or just the "discussion" portions (portions already voted on are not up for debate in this thread) so that we can go back to those discussion threads and get that sorted out.

That is all I have to say right now, except my vote:

Yes, ratification of the rules as they currently are
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 06:39:00 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Ratification (Vote)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 09:40:27 PM »

Eric. This is word for word from the rough draft. Nothing in the rough draft was included that has not already been voted upon. We hardly need to repeat what we have already done but need to press on and finish the rules.

That means of making a set of rules for people who want to do an IC hunt instead of accept OOC challenges.

No to ratification.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 09:49:41 PM »

Eric. This is word for word from the rough draft. Nothing in the rough draft was included that has not already been voted upon. We hardly need to repeat what we have already done but need to press on and finish the rules.

That means of making a set of rules for people who want to do an IC hunt instead of accept OOC challenges.

No to ratification.

Kayenta,

I am fully aware that this is word for word from the rough draft; however, as I mentioned, discussions here have stalled while biju matters have continued to move on. Unless we want this to stay in limbo indefinitely we either need a fresh rotation of people in here or we need to, as I am proposing, formally publish the rules we have so that we can start voting in a Council and start putting what rules we do have in action.

No doubt the option to do IC hunts would be the first thing to pop up after such a ratification measure, and with renewed vigor people will discuss it and get that kinked out.

As it is now, something has to be done or else we might as well consider this whole thing filibustered by the invisible Life troll.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 11:34:36 PM »

if this is a vote topic, it should go in the proper board.
if this is to be a discussion thread, the topic needs changed and then placed into THAT proper board.
if you are impatient and wish to move things along, petition Ace to remove inactive participants and light fires and start topics to complete the rules, rather than to suggest we publish an incomplete and faulty rule set.
I have no desire to see all the work we have accomplished undone and ridiculed/ignored due to its incomplete nature.
Is this in the best interests of providing a complete and workable rule set for the community, or a knee jerk reaction to Warren denying another OOC challenge?
IF we post these publicly, they WILL BE THE NEW RULES AND IC HUNTS WILL BE NOT ALLOWED.
Right now they are allowed. so by publishing these early, you by default make IC hunts unacceptable.

That is a clear loop hole that people will exploit and not our purpose here.

As it is, I cannot send even edits to done because I have no majority vote due to inactive members still being included in the voting body.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 11:42:27 PM »

The people who want ic hunts are the reason we're having this little intervention in he first place. As I mentioned before we should finish the rules up, leaving out IC challenges, and push the rules out the door so they can have some on the job training. In the mean time we can work on unfucking the hot pile of garbage the ic hunts are because I think that is going to take as much time as the rest of the rules combined.

Once everything is set regarding the ooc challenges which I do not think they are yet, then we can ratify them yes. Ic hunts can be amended in at a later date. I think just add in all the no god modding no meta gaming and such and they might be good to go. In on my phone so it's hard to tell.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 11:49:56 PM »

i would propose dedicated work on the rules for an intensive amount of time.

Not ready means not ready. And we risk jumping the gun here.

If, everyone else seems to be doing just fine and only those who insist upon IC hunts is the problem. *cough cough* then there is no immediate need to push faulty rules out the door, is there!

going for IC hunts with no god modding and no metagaming and it should just be fine from there works for me. let's vote that in and we can just scrap the proposed rules for IC hunts I made and make it simple.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 11:56:44 PM »

I don't know you tell me if we're gonna have to twist Warren's arm every time somebody challenges him. He's the only problem child left. If he's going to keep using the rules workshop as an excuse to ignore challengers than yes we should finish ooc rules and deploy them first, if not there is no need. No ones saying just make the rules official right now. But if we need to release a prototype to keep the peace than yes we should do that.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 12:34:28 AM »

that fact is we do not need to release a proto copy. That there are no more problem children left is no badge of honor. Through horrible behavior on the part of people who wish to force people to give up RP just because they are hosts, the only other hosts who wanted to even try to RP with their beast were trolled out of existence. That Warren is sticking to his guns and abiding by the known rules is admirable and I applaud his vigor. What you term as problem children are merely those who disagreed with the way you wanted things to be done. through all manner of fit throwing, threats, name calling, harassment and getting others to gang up on them.if instead you were all for IC hunts, then the problem children would be those who did not agree with you on that issue.

Rather than feeling like you have to twist Warren's arm and force him to do what you want him to do, here is a novel idea.
Support him and his right to the IC hunt. Which there is no rule against.

Even though IC hunts are still valid, Warren has been beaten into submission through a circumvention of the ignore feature and mob mentality.

Happy?

Now may we get back to working on these rules and getting things done properly?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 12:59:56 AM »

No one said IC hunts are against the rules. But Warren can't force people to do IC hunts either, it's supposed to be discussed. Which we know he is not doing. He's also blatantly ignoring other rules, like keeping a challenger list for instance. I've pointed this out before and he continues to ignore them and in your bias or delusion, hard to tell which, you continue to support it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 02:11:50 AM by Bocchiere »

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 01:24:59 AM »

Bocc, we're here to discuss. Please remove that first sentence. It's not appropriate for this kind of discussion. 

She's right. Warren is sticking to his guns as an IC hunt. These kinds of hunts were fairly common up until... maybe 2009? Everyone started switching modes into OOC hunts because character revival became frowned upon. Yes, he does need to get on the forum and post a challenger list. It was agreed upon by everyone who voted. He can put up his details about his hunts being in character.

We can also put in a contingency plan in place in case a IC hunt takes to long.

Everyone has the right to choose between IC and OOC.

So, let's get down to business: Contact those who aren't active. If they're done with this project, let's get some new blood in here. Hammer out the details for the OOC and conquer the beast of IC.

If this is truly a problem, we can discuss the possibility of releasing a temporary set of rules for both.

Does that sound good for everyone?

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 01:35:30 AM »

Kayenta you are so deep on Warren's shaft that he could start charging people $100 to challenge him for the bijuu and you would applaud his sense of entrepreneurship.

No one said IC hunts are against the rules. But Warren can't force people to do IC hunts either, it's supposed to be discussed. Which we know he is not doing. He's also blatantly ignoring other rules, like keeping a challenger list for instance. I've pointed this out before and he continues to ignore them and in your bias or delusion, hard to tell which, you continue to support it.
Actually that is where you are wrong. IF Warren only accepts IC hunts, then the challenger would have to use that method in obtaining the right to fight him for his beast.

That option was never up for debate, like voids for jutsu during a match or what judge is being agreed upon. it is the host's choice to determine how he will handle the issue, in an IC or OOC manner. Those are things that concern his character and time as a host. I am not speaking about what the fate of his challenger would be if the challenger loses but rather just how entering a match with him would go. He keeps it IC. He roll plays the business of being a host, not just playing with the abilities it gives him but all aspects of his jinchuurikiship.

As for being forced to keep a challenger list, it is non-applicable for the IC hunt because no one lines up to get a chance, they are all first come first served. It all occurs during RP.

Certainly this can be discussed in the IC hunt discussion thread I created today.
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8830.0.html
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 01:44:06 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 03:06:07 AM »

Can someone point the rule out to me that says the host gets to pick the challenge? Because the current rules explicitly say the host and challenger decide whether it will be IC or ooc and if I remember right all of our new rules are similar in so far as that everything is decided between the two, because the host or challenger insisting on things was the problem in the first place.

I remember back when I would say sure, let the host pick they have a lot to put up with that's a fair concession, letting them pick ooc or IC. Then at some point guys decided to go "I'm the host I get to pick EVERYTHING, and what I say goes."

So I'm lost. Someone please explain the bijuu rules to me.

Edit: This  is the current rule I was speaking of.

2] ºDetermine the Nature of the Challengeº
The host and the challenger, and ONLY the host and challenger, determine the nature of the challenge. BOTH decide if the match will be an IC Challenge or an OOC Challenge. This means that if an IC Challenge is chosen, the challenger has to RP learning the host’s identity and location and maneuvers him into a Match. This does not mean that the RP is used as a means for the Host to forever avoid having to face his challenger. The host must make it possible for the challenger to complete the terms of the RP event. This is not the battle part. You are going to face off with each other. You are just being creative about it.
If the OOC Challenge is chosen, then no RP concerning the challenge is performed. The details are agreed upon and the Match takes place.

In fact pretty sure YOU wrote those rules Kay, yet now you are telling me the exact opposite.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:23:11 AM by Bocchiere »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 04:07:44 AM »

yes. you are right. I wrote that. That also was not the first draft of that rule, but was later changed. I forgot about the change.

Now. let's talk about my having to put up with your sexual slur against me? I see you removed it at Asadi's request.
 Do i get an apology? Or will you just continue to abuse everyone around you who does not agree with what you have to say?

If that is the case, I would request you leave, because apparently no one is going to do anything about it. Only by you volunteering to stop making the ability to discuss things impossible will progress be had.

Like Warren, and the golden appendage upon which I am apparently glued, I will continue to object to the rule of thumb around here.

and that rule is, whoever talks the loudest and becomes the most vile and abusive makes the rules without having to be held accountable for their behavior because through sheer bile they have the ability to run off anyone who would even bother to voice an objection thus leaving them the playing field...

all under the pretext of there being no rule against speaking their opinions, lies, and self serving agendas, no matter how rude, offensive, or abusive those might be.

I think it is way past time that you realize that I will not cower before your slurs and insults and cease to bog these proceedings down once and for all.

In short, grow up and control yourself. You are in public for crying out loud.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 04:21:33 AM »

Well that's the draft that's in the current rules page, here and on the wiki. So again I'm asking where to find this rule you are citing, the one that notes the host gets to pick the challenge, which is explicitly what you are saying, in spite of all rules I can find saying the opposite.

"That option was never up for debate, like voids for jutsu during a match or what judge is being agreed upon. It is the host's choice to determine how he will handle the issue,"

That is what you said and I'm just failing to see why you think that.

I could continue on with the rest but let's just go with, pot, meet kettle, so no.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 04:25:51 AM »

can you not read? I just told you that I forgot about the edit to the rule that you showed me.

Well, alright then. I have reported you for sexually abusive language. We will let the mods deal with you. From now on, I will consider most everything you have to say as meaningless and beneath notice.
As such, you have no part in these proceedings. We need people here who can objectively discuss the issues without resorting to the gutter sniping of which you seem unable to do without.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 19 queries.