Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: A Numbers Game  (Read 6971 times)

Rusaku

• View Profile
A Numbers Game
« on: February 11, 2016, 01:47:19 AM »

So I have been thinking about this for a while now, and I feel like it needs to be addressed.

When we gave Sage mode a specific multiplier for it’s enhancements, why did we not do the same for the other various techniques that bolster one’s ability?

Some examples include the 8 gates, Tailed beast enhancements, and various other chakra modes that people have started putting together in order to make themselves the “Fastest” or the “Strongest” Kids on the playground. 

I suggest we sit down and give these techniques a multiplier, just so we can have a more firm understanding of how fast or strong we actually are when compared to others using similarly natured boosts.

For those who would claim this to not be a relevant topic, we can look no farther than the Madara vs Shadow debacle. Their argument exemplifies the need to sit down and assign actual numbers so we may easily assess a situation opposed to giving half baked summations.

My suggestions are very rough draft, and I am welcome to suggestions that would appease the masses.

Gates: (Speed/Strength only)
  • First: x2
  • Second: No boost, limited healing qualities
  • Third: x2.5
  • Fourth: x3
  • Fifth: x3.5
  • Sixth: x4
  • 7th: x4.5
  • 8th: x100+

Obviously this is a very rough estimation, but my logic is to maintain a bit of reason and fairness. We cannot exactly measure how much faster/Stronger Lee or Guy got without exhausting levels of research on par with that of some Screwattack videos, thus this is a simple alternative that would be easy to apply and remember for the layman.

Tailed beast enhancements. (Applies to Strength, Speed, and Chakra based abilities)
  • Initial form: x.5
  • First tail: x2
  • Second tail: x2.5
  • Third tail: x3.5
  • 4th tail: x5
  • 5th tail: x6
  • Sixth tail: x6.5
  • Seventh tail: x7
  • Eighth tail: x7.5
  • Ninth tail (I.e Tailed beast cloak): x10

Now, I expect more arguments here than in gates, and that’s fine. My thought process is that there were obviously huge advancements in ability when looking at initial form - 4th tail, thus the more rapid expansion of power opposed to the 6th - 8th. When observing a Jink who utilized those forms without going into a full on transformation, it appeared that they were roughly similar to previous transformation in terms of how they were artistically portrayed. I think Killer Bee was the only one to use anything more than like...6 tails or something and that was in the fight with Kisame. During that fight, I only saw a mild enhancement of his power when compared to how he used only a 1 or two tailed form while fighting taka. So, I shot for that kind of scaling until the 9 tails cloak, which obviously gave some seriously ridiculous enhancements. I chose ten as to not break the system completely, but obviously this is very open for discussion.

EDIT: I do believe that the enhancements to one's chakra based abilities should be altered and discussed, because obviously we can't have a Chibaku tensei or some other massive attack increased 7 times over if they don that particular form.

Nature based Chakra Modes:
  • 5x enhancement. (Varies between chakra natures)

Now, obviously it’s kinda hard to put a number on these for a simple reason: everyone applies them differently. While the Raiton cloak makes you ridiculously fast, I think it’s the fire chakra mode that focuses solely on offensive and does not bolster your physical stats. Please don’t quote me on that, i’m merely going off what I remember off the top of my head. I would like the full cooperation of the community on this particular category.

So, go ahead and leave feedback based on what you think should be the value of each category. If I missed anything that needs focus, please leave the technique and what you believe the values should be so we may work off of that.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 01:52:01 AM by Rusaku »
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: A Numbers Game
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 02:25:36 AM »

We can't group all of it into one as a whole.

"Tailed beast enhancements. (Applies to Strength, Speed, and Chakra based abilities)"

x10 in cloak mode

So they get their bijuu chakra + their chakra and then x10 on top of that? .-.

I mean currently people are claiming limitless chakra, but if that gets passed they could then do it without restraint.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 02:35:09 AM »

We can't group all of it into one as a whole.

"Tailed beast enhancements. (Applies to Strength, Speed, and Chakra based abilities)"

x10 in cloak mode

So they get their bijuu chakra + their chakra and then x10 on top of that? .-.

I mean currently people are claiming limitless chakra, but if that gets passed they could then do it without restraint.

Uhh, no?

The 10x is how much their strength and speed are enhanced, as well as their techniques potency. Though as I added in the Edit, we need to create different numbers for the technique enhancement for obvious reasons.   

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 02:36:49 AM »

If I were to think of enhancements based on bijuu, I would be more inclined to use stages rather than tail number. I still do not agree that more tails means more power. I feel the bijuu were created from equal division of the ten tails.

So...more along the lines of what these transformation give, rather than tail emergence.

Initial Jinchūriki Form
Version 1 Cloak
partial transformations
Version 2 Cloak
Tailed Beast Mode

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 02:39:17 AM »

If I were to think of enhancements based on bijuu, I would be more inclined to use stages rather than tail number. I still do not agree that more tails means more power. I feel the bijuu were created from equal division of the ten tails.

So...more along the lines of what these transformation give, rather than tail emergence.

Initial Jinchūriki Form
Version 1 Cloak
partial transformations
Version 2 Cloak
Tailed Beast Mode

Well that's not true to be blunt. Kurama with half his chakra was obviously the most powerful beast by far, so an even split 10 ways is not possible.

Though the version 2 transformation should be taken into account, yes. 

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 02:43:16 AM »

While kurama obviously has more chakra than the rest. (It's a fact. There's no sense in arguing it) Should we not 'nerf' him in a sense so that all bijuu give equal amount of 'boost'

Initial Jinchūriki Form
Version 1 Cloak
partial transformations
Version 2 Cloak
Tailed Beast Mode

^ That does make it much simpler than tail by tail.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 02:48:04 AM »

While kurama obviously has more chakra than the rest. (It's a fact. There's no sense in arguing it) Should we not 'nerf' him in a sense so that all bijuu give equal amount of 'boost'

Initial Jinchūriki Form
Version 1 Cloak
partial transformations
Version 2 Cloak
Tailed Beast Mode

^ That does make it much simpler than tail by tail.

Well sure it would make it a hell of a lot simpler, but what would be the point of ever using tailed transformations if they add nothing to your overall ability? That would also kinda defeat the point of training to master tails. Albeit most people just wait the few weeks then claim mastery over the beast as a whole.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 02:55:30 AM »

They add more. But since kurama has more tails that person gets more powerups? Not fair. The way Kayenta did it makes it so that every bijuu holder gets the same powerups.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 02:58:55 AM »

They add more. But since kurama has more tails that person gets more powerups? Not fair. The way Kayenta did it makes it so that every bijuu holder gets the same powerups.

True it's not fair, but it makes sense. Kurama is the most powerful beast by a large margin while also the most sought after. It's like the heavyweight title belt compared to the intercontinental belt. They are both prestigious, but one is obviously better than the other.

Though, I should inquire a bit more on this first. Are we suggesting we Nerf Kurama? Or are we just limiting the number of transformations he has?   

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 03:03:48 AM »

Well if this is to be put into play, this number system, I think he needs a nerf. Maybe keep him stronger, but not as strong as you suggest he should be.

Maybe add some power over the others, but all of this will require a lot of....unseen complications. Which is why I think making them all the same would be the best move here.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 03:15:52 AM »

Well if this is to be put into play, this number system, I think he needs a nerf. Maybe keep him stronger, but not as strong as you suggest he should be.

Maybe add some power over the others, but all of this will require a lot of....unseen complications. Which is why I think making them all the same would be the best move here.

I can agree that there will be complications, but that's why I wanted to work things out before we put anything into play.

If there is no other option, I could see nerfing Kurama. He literally breaks the game when it comes to the rest of the player base. Though we should probably hear from other people as well before we go down that route.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 03:27:35 AM »

All the things bijuu are being handled in our secret new rules cabal. So don't worry about needing any of the bijuu or things like that it is all being discussed.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 03:30:56 AM »

*rejected to join the club invite from Ace cause it was too mainstream*

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 03:52:17 AM »

If the Biju portion can be handled over there, then we can focus on gates and Chakra armors here? They still beend to be agreed upon as well.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 04:37:30 AM »

The only problem I have with this proposed set-up is that chakra-nature based modes are treated with x5 multiplier which I think is outrageous, considering  the math one the usage of Seventh Gate is a 4.5 multiplier. The numbers themselves could use a bit of tweaking and it would help to list every possible chakra nature mode; that way we can correlate the difference in power amongst them. (This way we can get a approximate number for each chakra mode.)

Other then that just appreciate that someone went out of their day to propose come sort of 'numbers chart' for these power-ups. :D
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 16 queries.