Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let's elect a Council [Discussion]  (Read 3916 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Let's elect a Council [Discussion]
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 12:29:39 PM »

The current duties of the Council Member are not at all that extensive. If I recall correctly (too lazy to quote atm) all they have been given the power to do is enforce the biju rules via stripping (voting and deciding among each other. This is something some of us forum frequenters have, as Shadow put it, been trying to do already in our spare time) and every now and again GM a running wild tailed beast.

They aren't allowed to judge matches, so quite frankly, there is not much else for a member of this Council to do aside from the two main responsibilities I just listed.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 12:45:11 AM »

I can also be placed in the "interested" group. (:

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 02:13:48 PM »

I think it is safe to say at this point that the names that Kayenta has as "interested" on the first post:

Silver Moonfire
Eric
Chinote
Genesis
Jay
Hades

Are the candidates for the first Biju Council. I'll give it some time, then I'll make a vote thread either in Council voting or in village square with a poll. There are to be 5 members on the Council, and since there are currently 6 interested candidates, that means one person will have to be voted off the island.

The top 5 vote getters will be Council members sound like a good idea?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kite

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 01:09:58 PM »

Have we spoken to all of these people to make sure they are still interested? Those posts were made over a month ago.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 01:23:23 PM »

Have we spoken to all of these people to make sure they are still interested? Those posts were made over a month ago.

If they're not still interested by the time of the vote thread I"m sure we'll hear about it. The answer to that is probably no though, if this thread is anything to go by.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 09:39:13 PM »

I've been wondering about the status of this Council as well...

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 03:18:28 AM »

More importantly will be the rules, right after a council is elected. I feel like the rules are far too complex and long.  I couldn't tell you one on top of my head.

This will  be looots of work~

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2016, 03:27:59 AM »

More importantly will be the rules, right after a council is elected. I feel like the rules are far too complex and long.  I couldn't tell you one on top of my head.

This will  be looots of work~

We tried making them simple last time and the reaction to that was to grab on tight to every loophole and drag the rules kicking and screaming into the dirt. So this time we tried to close every loophole we could think of with very specific rules

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2016, 03:35:55 AM »

You mean, to make them so complicated that they generate a headache?

JEEZ. But having the Bijuu fights OOCly, is a loophole in itself, no?

Imaigne you rpa Bijuu, but an OOC bijuu fight is going on and then in the next day you are like "Oh guys,  remember the magma fire wall i just made? Imagine it to go POOF!"

everyone: Why?!

"Oh i started an OOC fight a week ago, result i lost my bijuu now, POOF!"

WTH?

Ok, this owuld never end up like this, but imagine it in this comically way.  I think that having rules that are too complex to understand or memorize, is worse than having a single loophole. Simple stuff can be great too....but perhaps i stand on lost ground....

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2016, 03:44:45 AM »

The rule for situations like that has been that you finish the rp you are in and then once it is done, chronologically speaking, your lost fight then occurs and you no longer have the bijuu.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 03:51:10 AM »

Eh, i will have to write them into simplified versions for my own useage.

I could nitpick now, but it is 4 am, that's never a good time for that and this is not the right spot But thanks for clearing  bit up.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2016, 04:11:36 AM »

The role of a council member is not to change the rules but to uphold them. If you do not understand the rules, then perhaps you should not run for a council slot.

Did you read all the bijuu rule making section of the forum and see the discussion and months of work that went into these things? I will suggest to you again that if you have not, then you should go do that. Many questions you have about them can be answered there in great detail by many voices.

As was stated by Bocc, we did try to make the rules simple. And people could not seem to handle that.

So here we are.

Am I saying that these rules cannot be changed ever?

No way. But to make changes before they are even given a test run is just a bit of a slap in the face.

so...
yeah

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2016, 12:18:36 PM »

I read the rules, dun worry. Maybe let me rephrase a thing. I find that the rules are written too complexly, whilst they in themselves are understandable.

Some i do find a bit odd, but i agree. Let's test run them first. And I shall still make simple notes for my own usage, that's how i learn XD

Beside if i ever need them, it will be handy to have a 'to the point' version.
Again, my own way of learning and understanding and in no way an offense.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.