Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Rogue Bijū [Discussion]  (Read 2537 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Rogue Bijū [Discussion]
« on: February 12, 2016, 05:20:08 PM »

Ok, as per the votes going on concerning Rogue Bijū, I am proposing that council members be responsible for appointing a GM to play the part of the rogue Bijū.

If that passes, IF IF IF:

what guidelines for the appointment are required for the council to follow?

what guidelines for the GM's behavior are required?

Mostly I am thinking about a biased situation and how to avoid that. Certainly if it is blatantly clear the GM is favoring one participant over another something would have to be done.

But am I being nitpicky, or does anyone else think this is a required discussion?

My thoughts are this:

Say for instance I am chosen to be the GM. But one of the participants is Asadi? You might think I would play favorites but I would kill him as readily as if his opponent were Yujo.
sorry dear but GMing is kind of sacred to me and I am awfully fond of my soul.

But should I be excluded from the task? Just by our character alignments to one another I might ethically be void from participation in order to keep anxiety about how I would proceed out of the equation.

I know how I would behave, but until given the chance to prove it, it certainly would make people doubt. Should we just avoid that issue all together and say no to Moenkopi GMing this?

Anyway, I am sure there are many other instance where the choice of GM would be unacceptable: village Kage of participant, spouse/family member, affiliation leader/commander...

Secondly, once the GM is chosen, there is the question of what recourse do the participants have if bias or incompetence is detected?

Also, GM inactivity. In the event of such a horrid occurrence and dereliction of duty...I propose replacement in 7 days period. No one need make this complicated due to personal leave or whatever. I don't think replacing a GM should have extensions or the like because they are not going to lose out on their chance to own a bijuu. Their role is supplementary to the main event.

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Rogue Bijū [Discussion]
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 03:42:57 AM »

Why not have a Council Member GM this? We already know they're legit and (I believe) active, so that quickly settles the issue of expected integrity at least.

The only restriction on his/her behavior should be on execution. If other Council Members read what is practically handing over of the biju without a serious attempt or, even worse, god-modding to keep the beast wilde for this time, then there needs to be provisions for that, meaning that at least this portion of the fight needs to be documented for the sake of referencing.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 06:30:46 AM »

going to zone whatever and reading it would be documentation enough. I resist mandatory forum posts.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 06:04:38 PM »

going to zone whatever and reading it would be documentation enough. I resist mandatory forum posts.

What if the posts disappear? Reservation of the zones would be a requirement for biju fights taking place in zones and such.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 11:47:11 PM »

we do have time limits on these things, and the amount of time involved to resolve the issue would not exceed the disappearance date of text, which now significantly far exceeds the old 14 days of retention.

If all zones are full or in use there is still an infinite capacity for private zones, which now last an excessive amount of time and can be set to public viewing public posting so a judge can make comments.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 11:54:37 PM »

we do have time limits on these things, and the amount of time involved to resolve the issue would not exceed the disappearance date of text, which now significantly far exceeds the old 14 days of retention.

If all zones are full or in use there is still an infinite capacity for private zones, which now last an excessive amount of time and can be set to public viewing public posting so a judge can make comments.

Very well then, as long as biju fights have priority when it comes to zone holding I guess it is highly improbable that any of the fight is going to disappear within the given timeframe of the match, unless there are extenuating circumstances.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 12:19:41 AM »

uhm. no.
i am not going to give up my zone that I am actively using for a stupid bijuu fight. Nor am I going to try and make anyone else do it.

However, if the bijuu fight is there first, I would go someplace else to do my thing. But truthfully, no one's rp has a right to hold a zone or a village. It's a public board for public use. No rule exists to claim hogging rights, mine mine, keep out, move along citizen. My rp matters, yours blows.

It's not something I will support.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 09:11:11 AM »

uhm. no.
i am not going to give up my zone that I am actively using for a stupid bijuu fight. Nor am I going to try and make anyone else do it.

However, if the bijuu fight is there first, I would go someplace else to do my thing. But truthfully, no one's rp has a right to hold a zone or a village. It's a public board for public use. No rule exists to claim hogging rights, mine mine, keep out, move along citizen. My rp matters, yours blows.

It's not something I will support.

Such things happened in the past, and would likely happen again, but for the most part it was, "I was here first, scram" more than "gtfo I need to use this zone now". But entering the zone and doing the RP, how do you know the previous peeps are really done with it if they just got inactive in the middle of it and don't come back to it for like, a week or two (like my Dragon Treasure RP, I've been slacking hardcore on finishing that up with Jay)?

Just because pause in activity have a time limit doesn't mean that the match itself does. I think I and Ichirou's first fight went on for quite awhile in SL time.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 01:21:11 PM »

I believe it is silly to ask the whole world to pause while some inactives are hogging a zone. Paging back to where the fight was is like...what? Too difficult a concept to imagine? We only got 10 zones everyone can reach. If 10 hosts were all conducting a match at the same time then what? To heck with people rping who could care less about bijuu? As stated earlier, if paging back seems an insurmountable task then, go to a private zone.

I think giving preference to bijuu matches for zone usage over other people's rp is arrogance. Believe it or not, the bulk of SL's RP does not revolve around the bijuu.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 07:32:56 PM »

I believe it is silly to ask the whole world to pause while some inactives are hogging a zone. Paging back to where the fight was is like...what? Too difficult a concept to imagine? We only got 10 zones everyone can reach. If 10 hosts were all conducting a match at the same time then what? To heck with people rping who could care less about bijuu? As stated earlier, if paging back seems an insurmountable task then, go to a private zone.

I think giving preference to bijuu matches for zone usage over other people's rp is arrogance. Believe it or not, the bulk of SL's RP does not revolve around the bijuu.

As someone who voted to void the beasts, I of course believe that there is RP that does not involve them. And to my knowledge having 10 hosts is next to impossible, though to my knowledge a fair number of the bijou-oriented people like to have the fights here on the forum anyways.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 08:13:26 PM »

[/quote

As someone who voted to void the beasts, I of course believe that there is RP that does not involve them. And to my knowledge having 10 hosts is next to impossible, though to my knowledge a fair number of the bijou-oriented people like to have the fights here on the forum anyways.

9 bijuu + the 0 tails = 10 hosts

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 12:54:54 AM »

[/quote

9 bijuu + the 0 tails = 10 hosts

Seems I keep forgetting to start the count at 0. My main point still forwarded though.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2016, 10:13:02 PM »

Is this still going on?

If so, i think i saw a thread with similar topic. Wasn't this about the event should someone summon the bijuu and thus cause it to go rampant, this too, begged the question who would control the Bijuu.

I propose that both topics are related and should be decided together?

I mean, i suggested to not make a rule, but rather have the participants decide beforehand. Perhaps this may be tied in as well, like a variant rule, of some sort?

If this topic was like...a form corpse...well just never mind?

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2016, 04:57:53 AM »

it died out. was never resolved. it is a book keeping issue with me now. part of those red letter area on the rules that were never finalized. so i created another topic to revive it...in the proper board. It's really not a council issue, but a rules issue.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.