Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Quantifying SL (Part one) Jutsu Chakra - Rank Chakra  (Read 4531 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Quantifying SL (Part one) Jutsu Chakra - Rank Chakra
« on: February 14, 2016, 03:20:51 AM »

Rusaku made a topic about setting the standard for each type of power up a character uses. Focusing on KG and bijuu power ups. Here's the link: (http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8845.0.html)

I have thought of this idea before and his topic has piqued my interest again. This time however I will bring it to the public. This isn't anything new, but it would be new to SL. Kayenta also has already touched upon it in said previous topic made by Rusaku.

Allocating chakra points to players and having each jutsu consume chakra. Obviously people will be against this and obviously like all my other ramblings of nerfing or reforming SL/your character it will be optional. God forbid you can't claim to be Madara anymore.  :roll:

So first of all is what do we set the cost for each rank of jutsu. (Some jutsus will have to have exceptions obviously)

And secondly is how do we determine how much chakra each person gets in a fair manner. Which in my mind is the most problematic of the two.

Ranks of the Nartutoverse range from E-S (E, D, C, B, A, S)
That is also the standard this will be going by, however, I want to add the rank X. Besides sounding cool this new class will encompass all jutsu that KG give you. Susanoo, Kamui, and so on. This will only require further detail, but for simplifying things early on they are put into rank X.

Now unless I somehow got lucky and assigned the perfect point value this will require reformation.

Chakra cost based on jutsu level:

X - *To be discussed later*   
S - 18 points
A - 15
B - 12
C - 9
D - 6
E - 3

Chakra pool points based on rank:

Kage - 52
Sannin - 48
ANBU - 36
Jounin - 27
Chuunin - 21
Genin - 14
Acd - 7

With this an acd can do 2 level E rank jutsus before he is out of chakra. Which in SL terms isn't a lot, but that's for an acd. Since 99.999999 (Repeating) of Sl members play a Sannin or higher let's use that from now on. Sannin get 48 chakra points. With that they can use 3 S rank jutsu or 3 A rank or 4 B rank and so on.
Now I know what you're thinking. That's not a lot of jutsu you can cast and that's the whole point. No more spamming 8 bijuu bombs using only 8 chakra points of your chakra pool with over 9000 chakra points in it. We have no basis of chakra in SL. People claim what they want and fights are often B-S class jutsus spammed 80 times before someone gives up out of rage or they're trapped somehow by outdoing the other in these spamtastic fight fests we have.

But then there's another issue. What if you're a Naruto or a Sasuke. Your rank is Genin, but you obviously have the skill of a kage. Since I can't think of anything better just stay Genin rank but state you have the skill of a kage. (Please someone else think of something better) xD
There's a shit load of variables that come with this and a lot of tweaking needs to be done. There's a lot of parts that will need to go into this. Please offer constructive feedback. Remember this is just to play around with the idea. No attempt to make it the new standard.

P.S: This topic is strictly for picking amount of chakra given per rank and chakra cost per jutsu rank. PLEASE do not try to bring in KG, sage mode, Edo, chakra enhancements into this. Those are for other topics that may be made. One step at a time. ~
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
Re: Quantifying SL (Part one) Jutsu Chakra - Rank Chakra
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 07:58:23 AM »

What happens when we run out? Is it a Pokemon situation where I've exhausted myself and suddenly wake up in a hospital? Or do I get to keep enough chakra within me to keep going and fight, just without jutsu?

Secondly, can we make more in combat? Like I want to run away, hide behind some trees and focus making chakra for a fight I'm in during that very moment. Can I make +1 per turn instead of attacking, assuming I'm not interrupted? That'd lead to hilarious moments of jutsu after jutsu after jutsu until both sides were just meditating as hard as they could.

Who chooses the ranks of custom techniques? Is me putting Kenton on my massive sword the same rank as me putting Kenton on my spit? Technically the same jutsu, but I'm using way less chakra for the latter in my mind.

All in all I don't hate this idea, I mean I'm one of the people you talk about in these situations, Sabu absorbs water from the air and converts it into chakra so as long as I'm not in the desert yeah I don't run out. But this doesn't strike me as a bad plan.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 10:04:08 PM »

I’m down for giving ranked techniques numbers. It would honestly make for more skillful use of our techniques opposed to just spamming everything and deciding you're exhausted when it’s most convenient to you. This way people can share the numbers beforehand, and know exactly how much chakra the other has so there cannot be any tomfoolery.

Looking over your assignments for the various ranks, I don’t really see an issue. The numbers seem a tad bit low considering, but a good place to start.

I know you pointed out that sometimes the Rank does not reflect the skill of the player, but just for example; Kakashi was a jounin who could use Raikiri 4 times at the start of the series and upwards of 6 near the end. Not including the various Kamui spams, lets just got off his chakra based off Raikiri.

Raikiri is an S rank jutsu, meaning it costs 18 points. 18 x 4 = 72, almost tripling the number assigned to Jounin, and still outclassing all of the other ranks. And that’s just measuring by the number he can produce in part one. Now obviously people are going to want to be a bit higher than Kakashi was, because we have been so used to just being bosses our entire RP career basically.

My recommendation is to...raise the chakra points a bit higher. Honestly I see the lower tier ranks as perfectly fine, but Jounin and up should be increased by a bit. I would say adding like 20 to each number, that way each can get another few jutsu pumped out before they are exhausted. Honestly if someone wanted to RP as an ANBU, it would suck if they only had 4 maybe 5 jutsu if they rationed really well. It would be very short battles if you ask me.

As for deciding what rank to call yourself when choosing numbers and what not, I would say have them decide their own rank, or have it given to them by their village, and then that’s what they go by for fights, and have a separate rank for RP within the village. It’s no different than back in the day saying we were Kage level when our Rank in the clan was chuunin.

There are a LOT of loopholes for this system obviously. Jiongu and Biju being two off the top of my head, but I think this is a very good place to start and would love to see this get implemented
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 10:27:14 PM »

It could be fun to explore and play with, to try out.

Maybe counting down from the super powers, examine their battles, innumerate the jutsu they used, then move down to Kage, the Sannin, see who it stacks up in the manga....I would be very surprised if it was a linear progression and actually made sense...kind of like the myth of a ticking bomb in a movie...10 seconds until it explodes...and you count and count and 10 seconds expires...and still no bomb detonation.

But it could be a referencing place to start for how much chakra each rank shinobi would have to use.

Yes, rank does not equate to chakra but a base line of sorts.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 10:42:19 PM »

What happens when we run out? Is it a Pokemon situation where I've exhausted myself and suddenly wake up in a hospital? Or do I get to keep enough chakra within me to keep going and fight, just without jutsu?

Secondly, can we make more in combat? Like I want to run away, hide behind some trees and focus making chakra for a fight I'm in during that very moment. Can I make +1 per turn instead of attacking, assuming I'm not interrupted? That'd lead to hilarious moments of jutsu after jutsu after jutsu until both sides were just meditating as hard as they could.

Who chooses the ranks of custom techniques? Is me putting Kenton on my massive sword the same rank as me putting Kenton on my spit? Technically the same jutsu, but I'm using way less chakra for the latter in my mind.

All in all I don't hate this idea, I mean I'm one of the people you talk about in these situations, Sabu absorbs water from the air and converts it into chakra so as long as I'm not in the desert yeah I don't run out. But this doesn't strike me as a bad plan.

From what I know you either keep enough chakra to keep yourself alive or you use it all and die. That's your choice to pick which path you go, though in fights everyone will pick the latter option. As far as making chakra....this isn't like the games or DBZ where you can just draw in chakra from your surroundings. It'd take awhile to replenish enough. I doubt in a real fight you'd be alive still. But what about senjutsu and CS, then what happens? Well sage mode/gathering senjutsu is not an option once you're out of chakra due to having to mold natural energy with your own chakra to create senjutsu chakra. And CS/SST well those still need to be established on how much chakra they give a person.

Kenton and custom techs will fall under the X rank jutsus. Something I wish to talk about after this. As for the amount of chakra it takes based on size well we could come up with a sub class of power for each jutsu like level 1-5, but once again that complicates things and this is just to establish the base first and foremost before all the variables are put into conception.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 10:48:00 PM »

I’m down for giving ranked techniques numbers. It would honestly make for more skillful use of our techniques opposed to just spamming everything and deciding you're exhausted when it’s most convenient to you. This way people can share the numbers beforehand, and know exactly how much chakra the other has so there cannot be any tomfoolery.

Looking over your assignments for the various ranks, I don’t really see an issue. The numbers seem a tad bit low considering, but a good place to start.

I know you pointed out that sometimes the Rank does not reflect the skill of the player, but just for example; Kakashi was a jounin who could use Raikiri 4 times at the start of the series and upwards of 6 near the end. Not including the various Kamui spams, lets just got off his chakra based off Raikiri.

Raikiri is an S rank jutsu, meaning it costs 18 points. 18 x 4 = 72, almost tripling the number assigned to Jounin, and still outclassing all of the other ranks. And that’s just measuring by the number he can produce in part one. Now obviously people are going to want to be a bit higher than Kakashi was, because we have been so used to just being bosses our entire RP career basically.

My recommendation is to...raise the chakra points a bit higher. Honestly I see the lower tier ranks as perfectly fine, but Jounin and up should be increased by a bit. I would say adding like 20 to each number, that way each can get another few jutsu pumped out before they are exhausted. Honestly if someone wanted to RP as an ANBU, it would suck if they only had 4 maybe 5 jutsu if they rationed really well. It would be very short battles if you ask me.

As for deciding what rank to call yourself when choosing numbers and what not, I would say have them decide their own rank, or have it given to them by their village, and then that’s what they go by for fights, and have a separate rank for RP within the village. It’s no different than back in the day saying we were Kage level when our Rank in the clan was chuunin.

There are a LOT of loopholes for this system obviously. Jiongu and Biju being two off the top of my head, but I think this is a very good place to start and would love to see this get implemented

I thought it was a bit low too, but didn't want to jump it up without other's inputs. I'd say max anyone should have is 72 at the base. That's 4 S-rank jutsus. Or almost 5 chidoris you can use. This is the base chakra you have not added with any amount a KG gives you and whatnot.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 11:54:50 PM »

Should we take clan into consideration? Obviously the trend is to claim Uzumaki hax to has all of the chakra. So, being an Uzumaki would allow for much more chakra than being, oh, a Hatake for lack of a better example. 

If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 12:05:07 AM »

Should we take clan into consideration? Obviously the trend is to claim Uzumaki hax to has all of the chakra. So, being an Uzumaki would allow for much more chakra than being, oh, a Hatake for lack of a better example.

We'll make a topic about that later.

For now though is the current rank jutsu, chakra cost good besides you wanting it to be more for ANBU +?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 04:59:46 AM »

I think you guys should just start your own form lol but I'll give aid where I can with this. I don't plan to use it cause I like how SL is with chakra spam but I'll help.

My question is what bout sage mode? Will it give chakra boost like it does in game?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 05:10:02 AM »

I think you guys should just start your own form lol but I'll give aid where I can with this. I don't plan to use it cause I like how SL is with chakra spam but I'll help.

My question is what bout sage mode? Will it give chakra boost like it does in game?

Sage mode doesn't give you a chakra boost. (As in more chakra if that's what you mean) >> You have to blend natural energy with your own chakra to create senjutsu chakra. Senjutsu chakra is more powerful and alters all jutsu performed to be more powerful, but it doesn't give you more chakra. Just makes it more powerful. So it does give a boost to power of jutsu. However that's for topic 'X' not this one. :P

If anyone has any thoughts on the jutsu ranks and chakra ranks and how it could be better please comment.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 07:55:42 AM »

Sage mode doesn't give you a chakra boost. (As in more chakra if that's what you mean) >> You have to blend natural energy with your own chakra to create senjutsu chakra. Senjutsu chakra is more powerful and alters all jutsu performed to be more powerful, but it doesn't give you more chakra. Just makes it more powerful. So it does give a boost to power of jutsu. However that's for topic 'X' not this one. :P

If anyone has any thoughts on the jutsu ranks and chakra ranks and how it could be better please comment.

I said like it does in game. I didn't say it does.

Regardless of such will we be taking in account jutsu that may not use much chakra yet are s rank persay because of their liethal abilities or something.

And what about jutsu that go beyond just forming in one post. For example the Nara Clan's Shadow Possession. Let's say it is C rank and coast the 9 points to perform should it coast an additional let's say 3 points for each post afterward? This is how I am use to it being done. Clearly skills or techs like this one drain chakra constantly throughout the use. It is a rather draining jutsu to be frank. So would most Mokuton Jutsu.

And what of Doujutsu? Should their be an activation coast than a coast for keeping the eye active? It is noted that they drain chakra.

And taijutsu? Will we only makes those jutsu that involve chakra enhancement coast or will all? Such a Dynamic Entry does it coast chakra or is this just a physical skill?

And Genjutsu. If it coast 10 chakra to perform said jutsu does that mean it coast 10 to break it? Or should it be more or less?

And what of the chakra pools of summons? Do the get a whole different stat set up or how do we rank them?

What about chakra draining tech. If it coast 9 points to perform a jutsu that drains chakra how much should it drain? And of what is drained how much could be given to the user?

What about curse seal? Does it boost the chakra pool? And if so how much? Also other tech like this one. The forehead diamond lady Hokage uses. SST if anyone rps it.

What about those of us who store chakra in different things to draw forth from during battle? How much can be stored? How much does it coast to use?

What of Edo zombies? Are they still limitless? Our will they just get like 500 points?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 07:40:06 PM »

Uetto you have never gotten under my skin about anything until now as you've blatantly have chosen to ignore it or just can't read the ending of my first post. So even though I put it in bold italicized yellow font I'll ramp it up even more for you.

P.S: This topic is strictly for picking amount of chakra given per rank and chakra cost per jutsu rank. PLEASE do not try to bring in KG, sage mode, Edo, chakra enhancements into this. Those are for other topics that may be made. One step at a time. ~

Going over all of that in one topic would take years to do and I don't like having everything in one topic. It's messy and the subject gets tossed around a lot. With each question put into their own topic it becomes easier to find, better organized, and overall better in all situations.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 10:05:19 PM »

So I wrote up this system this morning. Lemme know what you guys think; it was on my to-do list from before, but until now did I really see it needed:

Chakra Points = Stamina * 150.

You can only use jutsu if it is within your chakra pool count.
(P.S. I'm thinking of making it so each rank of jutsu that falls within a range [I.E. C ranks are 4-5] can be the difference between a regular jutsu, and an "upgraded" version of that jutsu. For example: Fireball is 4 points. Great Fireball is 5 points. Dunno how it'll work for rank S which is from 7-10 I guess they can pool together and cost 200 each.)

I also have to work on a system for how jutsu can cancel or defeat another. I know elemental affinity will play a part in the formula I'm making. I also have to work on defense and offense jutsu and stats on 'em. Such as using an Earth Wall (rank 4) and then using a great fireball (rank 5). Will it shatter the wall and keep going? Or just shatter the wall. But for now, this:

Stamina needed for jutsu rank:
S: 7-10 (Counts as an 8 for jutsu cost)
A: 7-10
B: 6-10
C: 4-10
D: 2-10
E: 1-10

Chakra Cost = Jutsu Rank * 100 / 4.
E 25
D 50
C 100
B 150
A 175
S 200

(Which means Jounin can crank out 5 S-Rank jutsu total [while using no other jutsu] before collapsing)

If primary element = Jutsu Rank * 100 / 5
E: 20
D: 40
C: 80
B: 120
A: 140
S: 160

(Which means maxed Jounin can crank out 6.5 S-Rank jutsu total [while using no other jutsu] before collapsing)

The scaling seems a bit difficult to balance, but this one - so far - looks pretty good.

I also just realized this goes well with Kakashi who can use his Raikiri (an S-Rank jutsu) six times or more a day before he was done.

Thoughts on the system?

This was a system I was working on years ago to deploy to my Naruto RP site. One thing I really liked was how your primary element would cost slightly less than other jutsu as that's your go-to and something you're more comfortable using. Ignore the stamina, but this is essentially my 2c on what I think should be the amount allowed per jutsu.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2016, 04:00:38 PM »

Uetto you have never gotten under my skin about anything until now as you've blatantly have chosen to ignore it or just can't read the ending of my first post. So even though I put it in bold italicized yellow font I'll ramp it up even more for you.

Going over all of that in one topic would take years to do and I don't like having everything in one topic. It's messy and the subject gets tossed around a lot. With each question put into their own topic it becomes easier to find, better organized, and overall better in all situations.

I thought we were just talking about it in general. My bads.

So chakra pools and Jutsu coast got it. I'll read over what has been posted on those two after a funeral I gotta attend and see what I can add to it. Me personally I always liked a system that allowed you to perform at least a few big Jutsu or many small if you'd rather. Someone like a Genin should be allowed to use at least 6 drank, 2crank, and probably 10-12 e rank if they were not mixing ranks and just using those respected ranks. That's just my take though.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 10:54:52 PM »

I like what Rai posted.

It also grants more rank title chakra pools.

ACSD
Genin
Advanced Genin
Chuunin
Special Jounin
Jounin
Head Jounin
Anbu
Sannin
Hokage
(Examples)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 19 queries.