Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Quantifying SL (Part one) Jutsu Chakra - Rank Chakra  (Read 4530 times)

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
Re: Quantifying SL (Part one) Jutsu Chakra - Rank Chakra
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2016, 03:36:24 AM »

I like what Rai posted.

It also grants more rank title chakra pools.

ACSD
Genin
Advanced Genin
Chuunin
Special Jounin
Jounin
Head Jounin
Anbu
Sannin
Hokage
(Examples)

I'm down with what Rai posted as well. Its built much better in a way that the user when higher ranking doesn't exhaust them self as easily. The start of the topic Shadow started means a Kage can only dish out 3 S-rank jutsus before collapsing if he has 52 chakra and nothing else.... Kages can push more then that.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:37:32 AM by Xiarawst »

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2016, 11:20:46 PM »

Not that I'm really pushing for this system, but there is a very clear difference in power between Naruto kage-level and SL kage-level. Just remember that if the top scales higher, then the rest below are sure to scale a bit higher in comparison to the series' counterparts.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 02:49:37 AM »

Presuming that this is going to be entirely IC stuff and not using in-game ranks, then here is my suggestion, bearing in mind that this is a more SL-famaliar concept.

Since HP is not a considered factor, then the rank of jutsu is purely based on the complexity and the amount of chakra required to perform it. The two are proportional and also independent; a fairly complex jutsu may not require much chakra, but still be a relatively high rank. Hence, the chakra subtraction is based entirely on how much chakra is required, the complexity hindering accessibility for ranks.

This is about where the SL chakra system (however broken it may be) looks like currently:

Chakra Capacity:

E 4-7
D 8-15
C 16-31
B 32-63
A 64-127
S 128-255
SS 256 - Over 9000!

vs Jutsu Costs:

E 1
D 2
C 4
B 8
A 16
S 32
SS 32 (yes, I notice that it is the same as S, that is the joke)

Yes, you're reading that right, someone with supposedly B-ranked chakra capacity, at the top tier for that level, can spit out 1 S ranked technique OR 1 SS ranked technique, the difference being biju bomb lazer to biju bomb nuke, but someone with SS-ranked chakra capacity (most of the shinobilegends of the realm)  can spit out a minimum (not maximum) of 8 SS ranked jutsu, while an Edo Tensei (the legit over 9000) or someone with crazy enhancements (let's say 511 for hypothetical reasons) can pretty much go an entire standard fight using only SS-ranked techniques, not to even mention the meager lessers.

The people with lower chakra levels tend to cap themselves more, while those with greater amounts kind of just let loose on what is reasonable.

A modified system that doesn't entirely neuter the system, but brings it more down to earth levels:

Chakra Capacity:

E 4-7
D 8-15
C 16-31
B 32-63
A 64-127
S 128-256
SS 256- OO (infinity, only for tailed beasts and Edo Tensei zombies)

vs Jutsu Costs:

E 1
D 2
C 4
B 8
A 16
S 32
SS 64

This would have have people of said chakra ranks performing approximately 4 jutsu of their chakra rank but none of a rank higher than. This is completely and utterly base: no enhancements, no reductions due to specialties or "great chakra control" (whatever that means in SL language), just a Kakashi-esque character who has no chakra boosting capabilities but is efficient enough in chakra control not to waste a great amount of chakra performing moves.

How would one progress through these chakra levels you might ask? Haven't gotten that far yet, but this is my idea, just to revitalize this thread.

* PS: I am aware that is very similar to Raifudo's in execution. Also noticed I was totally wrong on my math, E ranked folks can use up to a C-rank technique plus a few lesssers, for example.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 02:59:28 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2016, 04:18:29 AM »

Just wanting to say my opinion for the matter.

If everyone is so concerned about fairness, why not make it equal across the board? No matter what rank you are, for fairness sake when it comes to zone-fighting, everyone is on the same page.
Meaning you're only allowed a certain number of each ranked jutsu.

SS - 1
S - 2
A - 3
B - 4
C - 6
D - 8
E - 10

So, once you use a SS-ranked Jutsu, you can't use any more during that fight. No 'recharging' either.
But even with that kind of system there's still the variables of multiple-hearts, jinks, 'chakra batteries', and custom tech that would need to be addressed.

But like I said, this is just my opinion and another kind of idea. It really would stop dragging out fights by no longer allowing people to use jutsu after jutsu.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.