Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Rules for Sage Mode?  (Read 4074 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Rules for Sage Mode?
« on: March 03, 2016, 07:51:52 PM »

Can we make or  at least officially record the rules for sage mode ?  Because right now people just enter it in one turn and stay in it forever

I will add the rules to the wiki once we decide
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 07:52:28 PM by Bocchiere »

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Rules for Sage Mode?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 10:26:00 PM »

Can we make or  at least officially record the rules for sage mode ?  Because right now people just enter it in one turn and stay in it forever

You might as well add rules for Sennika. (This circumvents the need to stay still for gathering natural energy)

How about this for a concept? (Or foundation for these rules)

If a user of Senjutsu stays still for the duration of one post to gather enough natural energy and goes straight into Sage Mode, the very next turn. The transformation should at least, last twice the amount of time it took to gather the natural energy. Meaning this transformation would only work for two posts before that user reverts back to their previous state.

Example: Timmy manages to stays still for two posts, only to go into the transformation upon the third post. His transformation should last twice the amount it took to gather it, meaning this transformation would last four posts.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:26:41 PM by Camel »

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 10:26:57 PM »

1. Be a sage
2. Enter sage mode.
3. ????
4. Profit

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 10:30:10 PM »

You might as well add rules for Sennika. (This circumvents the need to stay still for gathering natural energy)

How about this for a concept? (Or foundation for these rules)

If a user of Senjutsu stays still for the duration of one post to gather enough natural energy and goes straight into Sage Mode, the very next turn. The transformation should at least, last twice the amount of time it took to gather the natural energy. Meaning this transformation would only work for two posts before that user reverts back to their previous state.

Example: Timmy manages to stays still for two posts, only to go into the transformation upon the third post. His transformation should last twice the amount it took to gather it, meaning this transformation would last four posts.

But seriously considering sage mode is the alternative to the Rinnegan, this system feels like a nerf. I guess there are people who use immobile animals to gather the stuff, what rules pertain there?

Edit: words
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:31:22 PM by Sabumaru »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 10:45:05 PM »

Sage Mode does kinda need a nerf because as it is used now it is much better than Rinnegan. You just turn on your Sage Mode and get to claim all of your jutsu beat your opponents now. It requires a little more skill to use effectively but it is much better.

Senninka will be addressed as well since that is what makes it the worst is people just have Juugo cells and claim to enter Perfect Sage Mode at will and stay in it permanently.

Honestly with how SL goes I'm surprised people don't have barriers that suck all the Natural Energy out of the area to prevent people from using Sage Mode, though again that doesn't do anything about Senninka.

Are we also in agreement about the general "Your jutsu get x3 stronger in Perfect Sage Mode"? Do you also get three times stronger, faster and such?

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 11:20:33 PM »

Yeah that's basically what I do with my flies too because they're just always hanging out in my armor collecting the stuff. Hell I'm switching to microscopic critters to do it even more. <_<

Okay it needs a nerf, I feel that.
Camels probably onto something. Maybe as for Sennika/Flies, maybe just switch it. After the second turn in a match (because you'd need an entrance and then a move to start if I'm not mistaken) you can use it for two turns, but then you have to cool down one. You can use it for three turns, but you cool down two, etc?

And yeah I assumed that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 09:49:26 AM »

I think mastery, the amount of senjutsu actually used during these turns, and other such factors need to be considered here. If all you're using senjutsu for is passive sensory and general physical enhancements, you should be able to stay in that mode longer than someone who is spitting out senjutsu left and right.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 01:01:08 PM »

You could always come to Otogakure and become a synthetic sage. It has some trade-offs, but it allows you to insta-sage and stay in sage mode for a while.

But, talking about the topic, it's a hard thing to do properly. People aren't going to want to just stand still because everyone here moves faster than bullets. That means people are going to make ways to go around the problem of standing still by making 'batteries' where they just store their sage-mode chakra or it just constantly gathers sage mode because "it's not moving, I am".

So like I usually say, it's in the hand of the writer. If fairness is questioned, a third party can always be brought in to take a non-objective look at it. If rules need to be in place, Sabumaru seemed to have a pretty good idea with the '1 turn charge=2 turn active' idea. But then again, just because you're 'actively' in sage mode, doesn't mean you should be able to just throw a fireball the size of the moon. Once again, though, it falls back onto the hands of the writer to leer away from power abuse.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 04:25:22 PM »

...something I never figured out is why are people so hellbent on trying to find cheaty ways about energy gathering, when unlike Naruto they could just use Amphibian tech and poof, problem solved.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 06:56:31 PM »

...something I never figured out is why are people so hellbent on trying to find cheaty ways about energy gathering, when unlike Naruto they could just use Amphibian tech and poof, problem solved.

You could also use Shadow Clones to prepare the whole 'standing still for natural energy', have them enter the transformation and somehow summon the respective clones onto the field, undo the clone technique. And voilą! You have instant Sage Mode...sort of.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 08:58:56 PM »

You could also use Shadow Clones to prepare the whole 'standing still for natural energy', have them enter the transformation and somehow summon the respective clones onto the field, undo the clone technique. And voilą! You have instant Sage Mode...sort of.

Because those have downsides and can be countered. So people picked the one with no downside that can't be contered.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2016, 08:54:48 PM »

I ain't ever giving up my Senninka hacks. I found the loophole first and I'mma keep it! >>
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 08:56:55 PM »

Like you even RP anymore, dead man >>

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2016, 09:04:56 PM »

Like you even RP anymore, dead man >>

Gotta keep my hacks intact in case I ever do again, been busy with school and medical crap >>

Anyway, for nerfing Senninka hacks, I assume you want to nerf pirated Jugo clan genes, else you're not nerfing anyone as I think I'm the only pure user last I checked.

Any nerf to it would have to go against canon info. But one could just say implanted genes give you 5-10 free turns of Sage Mode a battle, logic being your body is not full of those cells, just partially thus you can't store an indefinite amount of natural energy.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 09:11:10 PM »

Senninka's problem I believe is nobody actually does it legitly to begin with, they just have a few cells, look and act completely normal with basically indistinguishable transformation from a real sage mode. Canonically you turn into a murderous psycho with largely uncontrollable urges and transformations like Juugo, or a grotesque freak like Kabuto.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.