Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Appeal of wiki admin rights against Bocchiere  (Read 6113 times)

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
Appeal of wiki admin rights against Bocchiere
« on: March 04, 2016, 11:57:28 PM »

Please check out the topic I have created in regards to the recent abuse of power when the SSM swords were illegally distributed. Thank you

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:15551

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Appeal of wiki admin rights against Bocchiere
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 12:50:05 AM »

commented there.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 03:29:22 AM »

Abuse of power as per your opinion. They were taken within means that were discussed in topics on this forum.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 03:37:27 AM »

Bocchiere was elected in (the circumstances are not my focus in saying that) and by definition can be elected out. This conflict should not surprise anyone not just because of Bocc's own history, but the conflict regarding claimed items and how the SSM fall under that. Them being exclusively Kiri items has been considered unfair to some, notwithstanding the seals and jutsu in place to try to keep it that way. I think it is obvious which side of the dicussion Bocchiere is on and which side Rockhoundxoz is on.

There has been discussion on claimed items (such as these swords) before:

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7210.0.html

And the issue of claims disagreements is why there even had to be an election for admin:

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8615.0.html

What are the full details of this situation? What claims are being made as to justify the ownership changes, and what claims are being made to justify the ownership retention? Specifics would be most appreciated.

--------------------------

Essentially a copy-paste of my response on the wikia, but here in the setting of the SL forum I would like to add that now would be a good time to present the full details for both sides to see if this issue must be resolved in this manner, or even if resolving it in this manner would help in the long run.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 06:43:58 AM by Bocchiere »

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 07:59:29 AM »

Talk it out folks. We can come to an agreement over how things should be handled. I believe you. I think, Kiri should hand out the swords to those they define as the best sort for such an item. If such things don't happen, perhaps we can come to an agreement of sharing them with the community.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 08:48:30 AM »

The rules are the rules and the unclaimed swords were given to new people. As I mentioned on the wiki I was open to multiple options like doing an rp, doing a fight, whatevs, and I still am. When they decide they're tired of being salty and want to do something like that I'll be here. As we see from the get go at least, Kiri is going with the tried and true, "Screw you everything is done our way." They've relied on for the past decade or so. The controlling majority does not seem open to any compromise. It's either exactly what they want or nothing.

Asadi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 09:14:40 AM »

Xia has been busy with the RL. So, I say, since this has been brought forth to the community, that he been given a chance to give it to his people. If there are a few weapons that aren't able to be given out, I say we give them to the community. This can be in turn, used as a mean to rp.

Someone has managed to take the weapons away! D: We have to retrieve them for the Motherland!

It'd be someone else for the members of the SSM to track down and promote some rp for all. IT could be fun!

But, it's best for both sides to come out and talk about the issue instead of forcing something upon each other. If need be, a mediator can be chosen to help out.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 09:25:39 AM »

As Xia has said many times he has nothing to do with and no control over the swordsmen or their matters, he's merely defending his village's interests in this. So his activity is no excuse for the matter of the swords.

Mioku and Gitsune seem to be the ones in charge and have been for a time. They are both very active, especially Gitsune. I returned to SL around this time last year and at that time these swords were already sealed away, now one year later nothing has changed. That isn't acceptable any longer.

I'm sorry but we've all been burned by Kiri one too many times. If they want to interact with this at all, which as of now they do not seem to, then they need to give a little. How many times has someone called Kiri out on some bs about a bijuu and then they go, "Oh ok now we'll fight you or whatever." I'm tired of having to twist their arms to get them to simply follow the rules.

Not this time, my work is already done. Kiri is the one that cannot accept that there are rules that may actually have negative consequences if they do not follow them. I'm open to the rp the fight or whatever else they can think of. If Kiri is willing to be the bigger man and accept that their actions have consequences than we can do something about it, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 10:13:56 AM »

And I'm not holding my breath about you being willing to listen much less consider anything they say, even if they did come out to talk and tried to make a compromise or anything. Its always 'my way or highway' with you, and you won't refrain from spewing any amount of insults and harassment, blatantly false and or completely unrelated accusations, tirelessly until people get so sick of you they just leave and leave you to do whatever you want. Only thing different now is you've added 'no edit warring allowed' pretense to your arsenal, as an additional means to tell people to STFU, excuse to ignore anything they say, and ban if they do keep insisting.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 10:15:46 AM by Warren »

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 03:16:38 PM »

I said my part. I just hope everyone can come to a conclusion that makes everyone happy :)
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2016, 03:19:43 PM »

And I'm not holding my breath about you being willing to listen much less consider anything they say, even if they did come out to talk and tried to make a compromise or anything. Its always 'my way or highway' with you, and you won't refrain from spewing any amount of insults and harassment, blatantly false and or completely unrelated accusations, tirelessly until people get so sick of you they just leave and leave you to do whatever you want. Only thing different now is you've added 'no edit warring allowed' pretense to your arsenal, as an additional means to tell people to STFU, excuse to ignore anything they say, and ban if they do keep insisting.

While part of the matter is the illegal distribution of the swords without Kiri's knowledge and the false rule made without an official vote as I just read on there, you shouldn't be making that decision Bocch to redistribute. As that challenge for claimed items I saw, you posted there back in 2012 about this, and yet you go against your own post now and just do as you please. This is not the professional manner in which should be taken when you are admin of a wiki when threatening people with bans when disagreed on matters. In part, these two are the reasons in why I made that post. If you don't like my view, then good day.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:20:33 PM by Xiarawst »

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 04:13:43 PM »

Once upon a time, I was going to make a character that was associated with Jashinism, now keep in mind that this when the wikipedia had no *active* administrator. Well...I cited a *inactivity* rule for what I was about to claim (The triple-bladed scythe to be exact), but I was met with rebuttal because it exclusively belonged to Bocchiere. I mean through the months he was gone, I didn't claim it on good faith and on the grounds, that perhaps maybe this guy would come back and put the item to use again. (Sadly it wasn't until three months or so)

Sorry if I was off-topic, but it actually has very much to do with the subject at hand. You may ask yourself? How? Well...favoritism happens to be a dangerous vice in my opinion and from what I observed, the people whom were chosen to have these blades re-distributed to are actually associated with the *current* wikipedia administrator in some way or form. (Now this is only an assumption, the rest is up to debate)

Now for the whole issue, I actually tried to mediate for Kirigakure and even at the behest of my 'inner conscious', gave advice that would've avoided all of these shenanigans. What did I suggest? I told Kirigakure to RP out the collective re-distribution of the blades through the usage of the scroll that they are sealed in, I suggested this idea so that the remaining seven blades wouldn't be sealed and up for claim by those associated with SSM. Gitsune was about to do this prior to Bocchiere claiming the items in question, but her character was busy in Sunagakure and had no way of doing what I suggested. Which I initially found strange, since Gitsune has since been posting in Kirigakure's village board. (It is a wood clone, but still it shouldn't been suffice enough to do what I suggested.)

Now the root of this whole issue, derives from the inactivity clause that I thought at first was added to the wikipedia. I actually could've sworn that those rules were on the claims list, unless they got removed and basically forgotten about over time. If anyone is confused onto how or when these rules came into existence, I have the links right here: Link #1 Link #2

PS: I would like to also bring up the issue of "edit-warring" and from what I observed in silence, the warring mostly derived from the *current* administrator whom thinks other slanted point-of-views constitute as an edit war when it does not. If anything, Bocchiere you actually violated a rule yourself by doing more then three reverts in a twenty-four hour period and it is contradicting to cite the reason for banning a user because of an edit war being instigated, when in reality it really doesn't constitute as a edit war at all from what I read--see the link below for more information on edit warring. [Read this more carefully]

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 04:23:24 PM by Camel »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2016, 07:59:45 PM »

points of clarity which I would like to see addressed.

1] rules for inactivity being voted in. I recall a discussion we had about making that a thing, about editing out claims from the wikia and as I recall I said that I didn't want people's claims just deleted for all eternity.

2] what is inactivity? The SSM are all still active. Not one of them has been deleted for failure to be on SL. And they are the ones charged with testing for new members and dishing out the swords. I saw it written that Gitsune was taking the sealed swords out and using them in sparing matches. But I read Bocc saying that he was not going to let her use that as a loop hole to get away with this. Well...uh, if the auxiliary using the swords of the SSM is not activity, pending the testing of competent swordsmen to fill their ranks, then what is? Oh but Bocc just gets to decide this is NOT activity. He is not going to let them get away with this. I am sorry but being admin of the wikia doesn't make you judge and jury of SL and what's going on in our RP! Yumei, the creator of the wikia sure as hell never got away with that crap. what makes you think you will? Or even should? This is NOT the purpose of the wikia. WHEN DID WE EVER VOTE THAT THE WIKIA WOULD BE ANY AUTHORITY OVER OUR RP????

2.5] What is activity? The SSM swords belong to that elite group. They are not inactive. As long as activity exists within the SSM then their possessions are still claimed by them. That the seven swords are not awarded to individual seven swordsmens is moot. There was a time when multiple swords were claimed by one or two of the swordsmen, leaving active swordsmen without any sword at all. No one threw a fit about that. And I was one of those without a sword...Shima Umioso...for quite a long time until Cmage finally gave me the Kabutowari. Active swordsmen using their elite force weapons. Who cares if they are evenly distributed among seven people? I can tell you who. People who do not want to earn the swords through the process laid out of creating a Kiri nin, applying to be tested, and earning a seat and a sword. Whose fault is it the SSM do not have seven warriors? Everyone who did not try out for the position and actively seek out this goal to its completion, that's who!

3] The rules for how the swords are handled have been in place since 2010, as per the SSM site. WAY before this wikia was even created. Now why then do those not part of that elite group have say so over how they are handling their organization? Hell, their own Mizukage doesn't even have ruler-ship over how they pick and choose their members or who gets what sword. And yet some admin on a wikia for record keeping does? Please...

4] I applaud the point that those who made these so called rules for everyone to follow are the ones benefiting from the theft of the swords. Corruption in a nut shell.

5] As for rping their recovery, when was their theft rp'd?

6] the basis of this decision seems to be a vendetta against Kiri for not bowing down to the attacks made upon them for items of power. The bijuu. And the behavior associated with that whole debacle resulted in the Kiri hosts just giving the bijuu away so as to no longer have to deal with the drama.

7] Given that Kiri has already given over on the bijuu, why then now must they give over on their 6 year old organization just because the drama is starting all over again? Isn't it enough that the bijuu were trolled away from them but now you have to tear down the SSM too? Why did you come back? You have been quoted on numerous occasions of having the agenda to come here and tear down as much as you could. For Pete's sake, take up cooking or knitting instead. You seriously need a new hobby in life.

I say enough is enough and those who are not getting their way...as Kiri has been accused of...in the matter of this theft need to just step off and stop being so high handed here.

One of the things I said about claimed items was there should be discussion. Well there was none. It was just...oh this is Kiri so screw them, we hate them, we all know how this is going to go, so swipe swipe swipe...here you go my good buddy, have a sword! Yet when I dare to call you out on this behavior, I am the one accused of lashing out under the motivation of my hatred for you! Which is rich...Who nominated you for a GM slot on SL anyway? Oh yeah...that was me. Clearly I am an idiot, but hate you? No. What I feel concerning you is extreme sadness that you do not use your considerable skills to build things up and to make SL great, rather than tear it down at every turn you are blocked in your ploy for world domination. Here is a clue for you. You are not going to achieve your world destruction and restart of SL. EVER!!!! There just are not that many SHEEP on SL to be herded around, even by YOU!

And if that is not abuse of administrative powers then I do not know what is.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 08:40:13 PM »

Kayenta you are the biggest hypocrite in the history of this site. All you do is talk about freedom to rp, you can't control our rp. But what you really mean is freedom to rp anything YOU want. Anything that falls within the circle of what you approve of should be an irrevocable right to everyone, and any rp you don't agree with should be banned completely. I hate to break it to you but that is literally the opposite of freedom. Everything you stand for is a lie.

Thankfully we all either know this by now, our are within your group of like-minded people and just don't care. So, other than maybe burning a new hole in the atmosphere your constant expulsion of hot air and other toxic fumes, your ranting is never going to achieve anything but making everyone wish you'd finally shut up.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 08:42:19 PM by Bocchiere »
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 20 queries.