Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Poll

Did you like it?

Yes
- 11 (100%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Deadpool Movie  (Read 1591 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Deadpool Movie
« on: March 14, 2016, 12:45:29 AM »

So, did anyone go and see this movie? If you did, what did you think? Good? Bad? I saw it and it was okay. Maybe I'm too cynical or just too old for the random humor, but I didn't think it was particularly funny. Still, it was an okay interpretation of the comic-book character.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Deadpool Movie
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 12:54:36 AM »

I thought it was good. Was it the funniest thing I've seen? Not even close, but it was full of jokes that I enjoyed.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 02:15:56 AM »

The movie had its funny moments and was somewhat of a great interpretation of the actual comic book character itself. The only issue I had with it is I never got to see any teleportation, which is an actual and classic Deadpool schtick. (It would've also help to add more scenes where we get to see Deadpool lose more then an arm and leg...if you know what I mean?)

Maybe I'll see this from Ryan Reynolds in the next movie, I won't keep my hopes up but I hope we see some display of teleportation and at least see Wade Wilson get decapitated or bifurcated from the waist down. 

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 02:47:20 AM »

I just wonder what they're going to do for the next one. Is Cable is going to be a villain or going to team up with him? If the latter, who are they going have as the bad guy? I wouldn't mind spending 3 bucks on the sequel.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 04:28:28 PM »

The movie had its funny moments and was somewhat of a great interpretation of the actual comic book character itself. The only issue I had with it is I never got to see any teleportation, which is an actual and classic Deadpool schtick. (It would've also help to add more scenes where we get to see Deadpool lose more then an arm and leg...if you know what I mean?)

Maybe I'll see this from Ryan Reynolds in the next movie, I won't keep my hopes up but I hope we see some display of teleportation and at least see Wade Wilson get decapitated or bifurcated from the waist down.

The teleport belt comes years after his escape from the hospice.

I have a few issues myself with the movie regarding canon things, but at the end of the day I enjoyed the interpretation of Deadpool that Reynolds had to offer -- it was pretty close to the actual thing.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 06:17:05 PM »

The lack of healing factor display I believe was largely for the same reason as Wade himself comments in the movie; small budget. The feel I got from it was twas a bit of an experimental film so they didn't splurge all that much funding on it, awesome though the result was >> with a bit of luck we'll get a similar case as with How to train your dragon; good base, even better sequel. I'd have said Thor cause the sequel was significantly better as well, but then I remembered the original was kinda shit, so eh.

Speaking of sequel though, to my knowledge the Cable thing is mainly just a half rumor, half consideration. Only thing they have planned for sure right now is not to do further X-men crossovers, at least not yet.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 05:31:43 AM »

I doubt we'll see the teleportation belt. He hasn't used that at all in recent years to my knowledge. That was more when he was a villain/wild-card and used it to get away from whatever hero he failed to kill and pissed off. Once he was popular enough to be a de-facto good guy it was pretty hard for writers to create suspense for a character who can not only heal all damage but also just *bamf* out of any situation that isn't going good for him. They had the belt malfunction and behave erratically but eventually Deadpool just got rid of it and said it made things too easy.

As for the movie I loved it. I think Reynolds as Deadpool is as good if not better than Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man. He was born for this role. Considering how much Deadpool's early years tie in with the X-Men I think they did a great job on their budget and drip-feeding of x-men characters.

In the comics he normally has the narration boxes to talk to so I was wondering how they were going to handle the fourth wall breaking in the movie but just having him talk to the audience directly as well as messing with the camera a bit worked well I thought. They did not over do it which I was worried about.

Solid Grade A super hero movie for me.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 06:59:07 PM »

The chairs I sit in we're very comfy. They were like lazy boys that let back and raised your legs. Fun to play with.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 02:56:06 AM »

I don't necessarily care, but for a movie to crack me up that much, I gotta give props that it was very good. I haven't laughed that hard from a movie in years.  I'd love to see a second movie in the near future.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 24 queries.